Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone actually managed to complete their GTTR Application? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katy8872)
    The application process is a joke, I can't save my choices or my personal statement section. It keeps logging me off Apply and saying internal server error when I try to click save. Really wanted to get it all finished today. Has anyone worked out a way around this?
    The best thing you can do is ring GTTR. It might take a while (and a few attempts) to get through, but they're very helpful when you do get through, particularly if they ask for your ID number, because that seems to mean that they'll get someone to address your particular issues within a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah I am getting the same message. I have sent an email about it and hopefully it will get sorted soon. Its seems no one can complete it and send it off so don't worry you won't be behind with your application

ReputationRep:
    It won't let me save my personal statement...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone managed to save their statement yet? Or heard back from GTTR? Very frustrating as my reference has organised to write it tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    That personal statement thing is really starting to annoy me. I've pasted my entrie ps into the section and it says I have 43 out of 47 lines left. They well need to sort it out! Will be sending an email if it hasn't been fixed by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I've practically finished mine, done PS even! But having issues with the education part, I didn't make a note of every single unit grade in my 3 years eeep and can not find some of my grades, is this absolutely necessary? It won't let me put my degree in without it! I emailed my old uni to find out where I can get this info, as the site that had it all on, I can no longer log in I want to get it right if it is necessary rather than from memory which may be slightly incorrect :/

ReputationRep:
    I've partially completed my application and have been saving and updating it all week, no problems. This evening I have been trying to do the final changes and if I 'Save 'anything, I get the following error page:

Internal server error.

Unfortunately an error has occurred and your page cannot be displayed.

I've tried this on different networks and PCs, so it appears to be when you post an update to the server, it does not receive the request. Is this because everyone is trying to get their application in, as a result of this shambles web application which clearly was not been fully user tested by UCAS? Is anyone else experiencing this error tonight?
    cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to upload my statement now but it's an absolute nightmare. I don't know what we will be paying for. We should all get 50% off!

What should we put in the work experience section because you mention all that in your personal statement? Is it simply just dates of when we did the work experience?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Paul,

I'm getting the exact same error. Been trying all day with no luck.

ReputationRep:
    They should really delay it again until they get all the glitches sorted, otherwise it isn't going to be fair. They've set that precedent now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi rpwarburton,
    Thanks for the feedback. Something on the server is broken, and I think its less likely anything we have done in the submission of our data!

ReputationRep:
    Wanted to get mine finished and reference request sent out today but I can't save my PS. It's just an absolute shambles this year.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling.

Its obvious that UCAS has not done proper user testing of this web application, especially as some of the problems reported should have been picked up and fixed way before it was even released. Looks like despite having everything I need, I can't submit my application today. Anyone else getting "Internal Server Error". Has anyone managed to use the 'Save' button on any of the pages successfully this evening?

One thing we can be sure of - with evereyone phoning all day tomorrow, there is no chance of getting through to anyone to query problems with this web form.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    It is rubbish that there are yet more problems occuring now.

I definitely recommend calling them up. I wish I had done it sooner, as they fixed my problems the same day I called them. My referee was amazing too and put the reference on within 24 hours of my sending it to him and now it is all ready to go.

Good luck to everyone else. I hope the problems are sorted soon. I have been completely horrified by it this year - UCAS was never this bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul_finley)
    I know the feeling.

Its obvious that UCAS has not done proper user testing of this web application, especially as some of the problems reported should have been picked up and fixed way before it was even released. Looks like despite having everything I need, I can't submit my application today. Anyone else getting "Internal Server Error". Has anyone managed to use the 'Save' button on any of the pages successfully this evening?

One thing we can be sure of - with evereyone phoning all day tomorrow, there is no chance of getting through to anyone to query problems with this web form.

cheers.
    Yes, I've also been getting that error message all day as has somebody else I know.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Affinity89, I wish I had submitted before, I was only checking over mine today, but what a shambles. I also don't have the opportunity to phone during the week as I'm working - especially with the waiting on the line, there there will be plenty tomorrow!

Is anyone's application working tonight, just so I know if the problem is widespread or more isolated?
    thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    Great, thanks for the feedback Darcie.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to be having/have had problems with the education section.

The only problem I have had so far is that it is still saying that it is 'in progress' when I have ticked that the section is complete and saved it. Has anybody else had the same problem/got a solution??

Ahh... Im so stressed anyway without all these gttr glitches!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garyharrison02)

The only problem I have had so far is that it is still saying that it is 'in progress' when I have ticked that the section is complete and saved it. Has anybody else had the same problem/got a solution??

Have you checked the page to make sure everything is okay? I was having that problem on Friday but then noticed that there was an issue with the degree section - the form didn't like my using '-' from the titles and once I removed them it was fine. The error was highlighted by red text next to the boxes in question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garyharrison02)

Just double check that it's not highlighting something you haven't filled in- for example, I thought I'd completed a section but it kept leaving it as 'in progress'... it turned out that I'd left a hyphen in the name of one of my university modules in the education section.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.