Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much! Ive been stressing about this for days. You were right. It was a colon can you believe it!! One of my course units was 'New Testament: Text and Context'. Ive removed the colon and its worked. Thanyou!!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually been able to Save any changes to the application this evening?

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying all day to save my PS section and get it sent off to my referee and it just does the "internal server error" message and then logs me out! I'm really fed up with it now! I hope they push back the date again! So frustrating but it sounds like it's a fairly widespread issue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallen16)
    I have been trying all day to save my PS section and get it sent off to my referee and it just does the "internal server error" message and then logs me out! I'm really fed up with it now! I hope they push back the date again! So frustrating but it sounds like it's a fairly widespread issue!
    Its doing the same to me too. Its obviously because they are updating the pay and send section, but its completely unfair they are holding everyone else up!

ReputationRep:
    Eating my bran flakes this morning and disappointed -but sadly not surprised!- that I couldn't log in and pay for my application before I head out to work. Tried to log in just now (7.30am) and just get an internal server error message Anyone able to log in at all/send off their application yet?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for eveyone posting their 'internal error' problem. It appears that this is a widespread problem. This sort of error is more likely a problem with their system, I've tried again this morning and I get the error even after the login page! I will try and contact them today and if I find out why - I'll post to here. If anyone else finds any resolution to this, please can u poist here too. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    just so people know, it seems to be working now since i just paid and sent my form off- feeling really happy/ really nervous since its now all i can do until i hopefully get asked for an interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki_louise)
    just so people know, it seems to be working now since i just paid and sent my form off- feeling really happy/ really nervous since its now all i can do until i hopefully get asked for an interview!
    Ditto. Just paid for mine too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone - the "internal error" problem has gone away when I hit 'Save' now. IT appears the server was broken over the weekend and as soon as the IT guys got in this morning after 8:30am, they must have fixed it.

ReputationRep:
    Payed and sent mine fnally too! Although now i'm worried about another problem...just looking at my printed version and it doesn't show my 'A' Levels on it, but they definately did save and were on the education section on the form but not on the print out? does everyone elses print out show their 'A' Levels? It doesn't show my uni modules either just my overall degree class.

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to finally save all my sections this morning without it showing the Internal Server Error message! Thank goodness! Life is stressful enough without GTTR problems! Just waiting on my referee now...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rachel11 - I've not tried to print mine, however, when I phoned the other day, UCAS said that the print form does not always display the information correctly or the correct format.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is having problems with getting the tick box 'Complete' to save on the EDUCATION section. One thing I have noticed is check all the text entered, esp in the modules section. If you put any characters such as a colon, semi-colon, ampersand - it does not like it, but you won't get an error, it just won't allow you to save the complete tick box.

ReputationRep:
    I still can´t pay for mine, does that mean my reference hasn´t been completed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirwhale28)
    I still can´t pay for mine, does that mean my reference hasn´t been completed?

Same here, I think it means we have to wait for our references to come back.

Btw, you know we had to choose 2 references? Well, when i requested my references it only sent it off to my first reference choice. is that right?

ReputationRep:
    The first referee must supply a reference, the second is only if the Uni/College you are applying to needs an extra reference as a back up or to help decide. I guess that may be the reason the email is only sent to the first.

ReputationRep:
    Finally managed to login, pay for and send off my application about an hour ago. Fingers crossed now! They've missed my A Level results off my printout too, and my course choices are in the wrong order. I know this is affecting a lot of people from what I've read here. I was told when I spoke to the GTTR helpdesk people last week about these problems that it *should* all be fine- but that I could call to confirm they've got everything right from 24 to 48 hours after I've submitted, when they'll be able to access my application on their system. I'm so pleased I've finally managed to get this done- let's hope there are no more snags and hold-ups for this year's applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me what the second box 'work experience' is for. May we elaborate on what we learnt from this experience here? My PS is too long, wondering about copy/pasting the sections on work experience. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Waster, I ended up writing the work experience part abit like on a CV. Dates and places then a breif review of me responsibilities. Although... I could be wrong.

I´ve sent my reference request off again and if it´s not here by tomorrow i´m going to send an email asking if she´s done it. She´s had about 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone managed to edit their application after a reference request has been sent? I just had an email from a uni I thought I couldn't apply to, telling me I could! And wanted to change my choices. But don't know if there is any point calling up and waiting just to be told no?!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.