Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    rachel11 - with the print out, it didn't show my A-level's or degree modules either. The print form is not what the universities are given. Its jsut for our records.

ReputationRep:
    okay great! Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Its doing the same to me too. Its obviously because they are updating the pay and send section, but its completely unfair they are holding everyone else up!
    Hey, I was completing mine a while ago and I got the internal error also when trying to complete my PS. I called them and they told me because I'm in South Korea that it had to go through too many servers?! So instead of copying and pasting it all at once, (I wrote it on WORD first) I just simply copied and pasted a paragraph at a time and clicked save after each one. After I finished I just clicked complete and it worked just try that, same goes for the work ex. section! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Woo hoo,

After months and months of waiting for this moment, I am very pleased and relieved to have finally paid and officially sent off my application.

Good luck to everyone who are still trying or waiting for their referees to do their references. My referee emailed me last night saying he wasn't receiving a confirmation email from the GTTR which complicates matters. However, luckily I did receive the confirmation which at least says it has all gone through! I also got my referee to confirm my choices as the print out originally had them in the wrong order but that does seem to have corrected itself.

My choices are Northampton and Warwick

Good luck to everyone
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Ugh this is confusing... I've completed all the sections, need to send off for reference? But there is no send button in the reference section, as I've seen mentioned there should be?! What do I do I intended to send for my reference today, but I guess I can't *sigh* grr

(just sent gttr an email asking for help )

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous!!!! The home page message clearly stated that the 'pay and send' option would be fixed by the end of TODAY (11/10). And woe betide, it is not.
    So p***ed off at them. I completed my application and received my reference two weeks ago and yet other people have managed to send theirs off already.
    It better be done by tomorrow or they're getting a huge earful from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Affectation)
    This is ridiculous!!!! The home page message clearly stated that the 'pay and send' option would be fixed by the end of TODAY (11/10). And woe betide, it is not.
    So p***ed off at them. I completed my application and received my reference two weeks ago and yet other people have managed to send theirs off already.
    It better be done by tomorrow or they're getting a huge earful from me.
    I totally sympathise. I just needed to check my form before finally applying on Sunday and my referee is to submit the reference today. This is after spending the whole of Sunday getting the 'internal error'. Now all I have to do is pay and alas its broken again! One stress over and another starts. I'm an IT consultant and what they are doing is known in IT as 'fire-fighting' - despirately trying to fix something that is totally screwed by reacting to problems as they appear - its because they didn't properly user test this system and they (or rather we) are paying for it now!

ReputationRep:
    I was finally able to finish off my application today after all the glitches etc. Just sent off my reference request, scary!

ReputationRep:
    Good work!

I don't understand GTTR's comment on their page, with regard the removal of the pay button: 'Your application will not be disadvantaged in any way'.

Try and explain that to me again... as the fact that the pay option is removed, the application process can not be completed and all applications waiting for this fix will be at least a day late?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul_finley)
    Good work!

I don't understand GTTR's comment on their page, with regard the removal of the pay button: 'Your application will not be disadvantaged in any way'.

Try and explain that to me again... as the fact that the pay option is removed, the application process can not be completed and all applications waiting for this fix will be at least a day late?!
    They hold back the other applications and do not tell the people who have managed to get their applications in safely! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    They hold back the other applications and do not tell the people who have managed to get their applications in safely! :p:
    That's exactly what I think :yep:

And actually it's the only reasonable thing to do if they want to make sure that indeed no applications are being disadvantaged.

Nevertheless the whole thing really stresses me out. Finally all the glitches that concerned me had been fixed by Wednesday last week. Then my referee wasn't able to check his emails because his mum was in hospital. Today he said he will send off my reference asap (presumably today), and now this. I suppose that means waiting and checking again :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hoping my referee is allowed to log in today What if the system opens up again and applications start getting sent, and mine's lagging behind because the GTTR won't let my ref log in? This is annoyingggggg.

ReputationRep:
    I´m still waiting for my reference. Obviously I have no idea if she´s just not done it or if there´s been a problem with the system. I´ve emailed her now, let´s see what she says.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today saying that my referee has accepted to provide my reference, which means that they can at least log in

ReputationRep:
    I just paid for mine and sent it off! They haven't updated the message on the GTTR page yet but it worked so anyone whose application is ready ought to pay for it now! Everyone else should, um, get really mad, I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Mine too is done and dusted, was too just waiting to pay and send.

To the people who are getting ridiculously irate about this...are you sure you have the patience for teaching?! In my experience, children can be much more trying than any silly glitch on a website...it's about keeping your cool and not getting stressed about things you can't change.

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlie-says)
    Mine too is done and dusted, was too just waiting to pay and send.

To the people who are getting ridiculously irate about this...are you sure you have the patience for teaching?! In my experience, children can be much more trying than any silly glitch on a website...it's about keeping your cool and not getting stressed about things you can't change.

:lol:
    Har bloody har. I know you're joking, but they're completely different situations. Anyway, it's all right for you- yours is done. Make complacent jokes all you like, I'm still annoyed at how this has all turned out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Har bloody har. I know you're joking, but they're completely different situations. Anyway, it's all right for you- yours is done. Make complacent jokes all you like, I'm still annoyed at how this has all turned out.
    You are completely right. The universities are going to receive x amount of applications then decide: 'you know what, I do not think we will even bother looking at tomorrow's pile' which, fate being what it is, contained sharpesparkle's application - dun, dun, dun. Heavens! What ever shall she do since she did not manage to get her application in on the first day... Her favourite university will clearly reject her and she will be rejected by others, because they were not her first choice and the cycle of doom shall continue till she is forced to live in the wilderness, stealing Wifi so she can continue to whine on TSR - dun, dun, dun.

On second thoughts, the system is crap, but it ***** on everyone equally; deal with it, and stop taking life so seriously.

ReputationRep:
    The 'pay/send' is working, i've just done it. the confirmation email I got with regard my refererence having been submitted today, still said that this was broken and 'will be resolved by the week ending 15th October'. This email and their website is still giving the message that its broken - ignor it and give it a go.

good luck all and lets hope next year's intake don;t have to go through this hassel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    You are completely right. The universities are going to receive x amount of applications then decide: 'you know what, I do not think we will even bother looking at tomorrow's pile' which, fate being what it is, contained sharpesparkle's application - dun, dun, dun. Heavens! What ever shall she do since she did not manage to get her application in on the first day... Her favourite university will clearly reject her and she will be rejected by others, because they were not her first choice and the cycle of doom shall continue till she is forced to live in the wilderness, stealing Wifi so she can continue to whine on TSR - dun, dun, dun.

On second thoughts, the system is crap, but it ***** on everyone equally; deal with it, and stop taking life so seriously.
    Wow... you're so very hilarious and incisive! Thank you for all the hyperbole, it has totally given me a new perspective on life and how to live it. Please, give your high horse a carrot from me in thanks.

Not that you care, but I'm not annoyed about being unable to get my application in on the first day- I know it won't realistically make any difference; I'm just irritated by the mess this whole process has been and how long it's taken them to resolve the issue.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.