Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    [...] Not that you care, but I'm not annoyed about being unable to get my application in on the first day- I know it won't realistically make any difference; I'm just irritated by the mess this whole process has been and how long it's taken them to resolve the issue.
    If you accept that the delay makes no realistic difference then why do you allow yourself to be irritated by something completely out of your control? If anything, you should look at the positives: you have had more time to get experience and perfect your personal statement.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am waiting to send mine off but can't because one of my colleges is not on the list in the education section, and there is no button to add missing ones even though the help tool-tip says there should be!
    Anyone know anything about this?

Also for the student support agreements do I put my location city or my parents seeing as it will be assessed against their income if it is anything like the undergraduate loans system?
    I also am not even 100% if I will be allowed it as I have already had several loans for switching Universities twice (even though I still only took a total of 3 1/2years loans/fees to graduate they were fussy over my last one, like a last chance type thing!)

One more little question:
    For the earliest start date, I just put next month because basically I am free from now providing I can get funding sorted out, but courses don't start until next September right, so what is this all about?

Thanks everyone, hoping to have this all wrapped up and sent off by tomorrow afternoon, and hope my references are on the ball and quick about it and I should be fine right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmarisa)
    Hey I am waiting to send mine off but can't because one of my colleges is not on the list in the education section, and there is no button to add missing ones even though the help tool-tip says there should be!

Also for the student support agreements do I put my location city or my parents seeing as it will be assessed against their income if it is anything like the undergraduate loans system?
    I also am not even 100% if I will be allowed it as I have already had several loans for switching Universities twice (even though I still only took a total of 3 1/2years loans/fees to graduate they were fussy over my last one, like a last chance type thing!)

For the earliest start date, I just put next month because basically I am free from now providing I can get funding sorted out, but courses don't start until next September right, so what is this all about?

Thanks everyone, hoping to have this all wrapped up and sent off by tomorrow afternoon, and hope my references are on the ball and quick about it and I should be fine right?
    Re. the college not being on the list, I think the best thing to do is ring GTTR and ask them what to do. Once you get through to them, they can be very helpful!

(Original post by evantej)
    If you accept that the delay makes no realistic difference then why do you allow yourself to be irritated by something completely out of your control? If anything, you should look at the positives: you have had more time to get experience and perfect your personal statement.

:console:
    Because humans do get irritated and frustrated by things out of their control, I guess :dontknow: It's not like it's worrying me all day, I'm not wailing and gnashing my teeth from dawn til dusk. Just for short intervals every now and then. I'd already finished my statement when they opened the Apply site. Anyway.

ReputationRep:
    would you believe that after all the problems the reference form won´t accept my reference´s address. Another £10 spent ringing GTTR? looks like it...

ReputationRep:
    Sirwhale28, i had that problem when my reference tried to submit his reference. If you have any commas or full stops or anything in you reference's address the system wont accept it. So just go back and edit both your references address removing all puncuation marks and it should be fine !!
    Hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    My reference address allows full stops as part of the room names for the lecturer's Uni address, and I have hit complete, does this mean when I actually send it it won't work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmarisa)

My university wasn't on the list either, the trick is to open the box (as if to search) but then close it, and the box should then become type-able in. All you then need to do is insert the dates and voila!
    As for the loans, I assume it means your local LA, which would be where you were living when you originally applied through UCAS (I think).

As for the earliest sart date I put Sep '11 but I don't really think that should make a huge difference when you put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanBrook)
    My university wasn't on the list either, the trick is to open the box (as if to search) but then close it, and the box should then become type-able in. All you then need to do is insert the dates and voila!
    As for the loans, I assume it means your local LA, which would be where you were living when you originally applied through UCAS (I think).

As for the earliest sart date I put Sep '11 but I don't really think that should make a huge difference when you put.

Thank you for that trick! It worked perfect! Why couldn't thay have made that clearer :mad:

When I was with UCAS before I lived in a different city (my parents) I then moved, I have put where I am now if it is wrong they can sort it out! I can't see it mattering too much at this stage as they all provide the same support AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    Finished! Yayyyyy! Sent off, just waiting for my referee and then I can pay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizbut)
    Finished! Yayyyyy! Sent off, just waiting for my referee and then I can pay!
    Me too, me too!! I am sooooooo nervous - 47 little lines that could make or break my way onto my PGCE - scary scary.
    Fingers crossed everybody :-)

ReputationRep:
    How do you know when you referee has completed their reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizbut)
    How do you know when you referee has completed their reference?
    You will get a email from gttr and the pay and send option will become active.

Grrr, I pressed the request reference button on Monday and my referee still hasn't completed it. This is despite me ringing him on Wed to try and hurry the process up and him being all apologetic and insisting he would do it asap! :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I've had to send gttr another email about my lack of reference request button even though I've completed everything :/ Emailed them on monday and have heard nothing, despite it saying it would only take them 48 hours to reply :mad: Don't really want to waste a load of money being on hold :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I got my reference completed on Friday and have paid and sent! Anyone know how long the welcome letters take to arrive?

ReputationRep:
    so, I asked my supervisor for a reference, she said she will be happy to write me one once shes seen me a few times and seen me write up my research. It could be a month even before it gets written! I just want to get my application off now, this is so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where my referee has gone she's usually super fast at replying to me etc, but I haven't heard from her in ages and I really want just to send the whole thing off now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    I don't know where my referee has gone she's usually super fast at replying to me etc, but I haven't heard from her in ages and I really want just to send the whole thing off now!
    I'm in the same boat, it's sooooooo frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katy8872)
    I got my reference completed on Friday and have paid and sent! Anyone know how long the welcome letters take to arrive?
    They usually take about a week at the moment, but mine only took 4 days! You can log in to track without the letter though, just do forgot details! user = your email, password = same as apply, and id = same as the apply one.

ReputationRep:
    Yey, finally got my reference form problem sorted from some advice in an email from gttr I've now finally managed to request a reference Just hope she does it quickly so I can actually send my application off!

ReputationRep:
    I am having a problem with entering a reference: GTTR sends 2 messages, with the same username, but different passwords, one of which responds with 'Invalid Login Details' and the other with 'Access Denied'. All my phone calls seem to get nowhere and this problem has been going on for 2 weeks.Does anybody have any advice?'

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.