The Student Room Group
I got a part time job last year in my local Boots. I work in the photo lab.

Dress with trousers, smart shoes, shirt and a tie (I wore a blue one for the Boots look).

They ask the same questions every time. They ask you to find some cheap medicine and what to do with an untidy part of the shop.

Then they get you to pack bags and give out baskets. Easy.

Edit: Pay is pretty good (with the poential to increase). I'll leave it for you to find out though.

Edit Number 2: Just realised you're a girl. Dress with the female version of those smart clothes as you see fit. Plain shirt/blouse and skirt...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Damn it. I thought the title said boob job :sad:
Bingo-Book
Damn it. I thought the title said boob job :sad:

Why? Are you interested in having one? I have some contacts I can give you...
Reply 4
Sammydemon
I got a part time job last year in my local Boots. I work in the photo lab.

Dress with trousers, smart shoes, shirt and a tie (I wore a blue one for the Boots look).

They ask the same questions every time. They ask you to find some cheap medicine and what to do with an untidy part of the shop.

Then they get you to pack bags and give out baskets. Easy.

Edit: Pay is pretty good (with the poential to increase). I'll leave it for you to find out though.

Edit Number 2: Just realised you're a girl. Dress with the female version of those smart clothes as you see fit. Plain shirt/blouse and skirt...

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Did you find the interview difficult in any way?
Reply 5
I worked there a couple of years ago but I doubt the interview's changed much; they asked me a few questions like why I wanted to work there, why I thought I'd be good at the job (i'm guessing this is for a sales assistant position???), what kind of hours I could do.

Then I went on the shop floor and had to find the cheapest paracetamol and say what I'd do about an untidy display, offer people baskets/boots card forms and help someone on tills packing bags for a few minutes

Umm I think I wore black trousers and a black top, and I got paid 6.16/hr
toybox
Thank you so much :biggrin:
Did you find the interview difficult in any way?

It wasn't hard. Just be prepared to answer questions such as "why do you want the job?" and "what can you offer the business" etc...
Reply 7
girlfriday
I worked there a couple of years ago but I doubt the interview's changed much; they asked me a few questions like why I wanted to work there, why I thought I'd be good at the job (i'm guessing this is for a sales assistant position???), what kind of hours I could do.

Then I went on the shop floor and had to find the cheapest paracetamol and say what I'd do about an untidy display, offer people baskets/boots card forms and help someone on tills packing bags for a few minutes

Umm I think I wore black trousers and a black top, and I got paid 6.16/hr

Thanks! This is helpful, though what did you say when they asked why you thought you'd be good at the job?
Reply 8
I think I said something about having had a good experience of the shop from a customer's perspective and that I thought it would be a good environment to work in because I'd find it rewarding being able to help customers get what they want.
I said I can work as part of a team, I'm focused, organised, enthusiastic, a quick learner etc so they could rely on me to turn up on time, to do what they asked me to etc; while I was actually working there they put a lot of emphasis on the customer being completely satisfied so you can sort of imply that that's your priority as well as you wanting a job lol
Reply 9
if anyone cares to know...
I GOT THE JOB! :biggrin:D

Latest

Trending

Trending