Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain Needs To Become A Majority Non-White Country watch

ReputationRep:
    Ideally no race would have the upper hand.

ReputationRep:
    yeah then we can take over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    On an actual serious note, what are these?

I have once politely asked English-born people what they are, so I can make some effort towards adhering to them (I'm an immigrant), but they always get tongue-tied at this point.

From what I'm aware, Britannia is quite a pluralistic society such that if you do one thing (within the law), and someone does something else (within the law) then there's no issue.

The only real stand-out think I can think of at the moment to be a 'British value' would be parliamentary democracy. So presumably it would be un-British for me to attempt to impose say, a dissolution of parliament and break-up of the UK into county-states, right? That said, were enough people to want that, surely it could be done through parliamentary democracy through the passing of legislation, right?
    Ugh, I expected this.
    Well, I think having self-respect, and caring what other peple think, are important. This encompasses good manners, chivalry and other virtues which are no longer valued any more. We've rather descended into mutual slovenliness, a sort of "I won't judge you for acting a fool, providing you don't judge me when I do it'.

I was going to continue but have to go, if you really care, PM me, and I'll endeavour to answer your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishRose)
    Ideally no race would have the upper hand.
    Yes that's my point. I support a minority-majority nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    Fairer on nobody. There is no overall racial 'control' within Britain, I do not believe any single racial group should be above 50% (that includes majority black majority asian etc).

There was a telegraph poll showing that most Britains think the BNP had a point about talking up indigenous people. This is where we have gone wrong. There is an impression that there is a majority of people here who have special privilages over everyone else because of this useless term.

I think America, although far from perfect, is heading for what the world should become. And I just think we should do the same.

Britain's demographics are changing anyway, most people know that ethnic minorities have higher birth rates than White British so why ignore the elephant in the living room? I believe we should push for this and have time frame like pretty the way America is becoming, although controversial, I think it would in the long term benefit society here big time.
    Shouldn't we be working for it not mattering what race anybody is rather than factionalising it as if there's a 'white group' a 'black group' etc... that isn't equality or fairity, that's equal subdivision of ethnicity. White people would still own a far greater percentage of the money et cetera - look at former South Africa, with white minority rule.

Isn't it better to try and integrate what we have into British society rather than try to balance races so there's equal numbers of all of them? In my mind, that doesn't correlate to 'fair' at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like integrating into society
    I prefer to differentiate :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Britain needs a lot less haughty *****

ReputationRep:
    I personaly think that it would be a good thing if the UK was not majority white, or majority anything. But I also think if it is to happen it should happen because people have chosen to move here or chosen to have mixed race relations and not becuase of legislation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    In the 2001 census, 85% of people in the country were white british. I will imagine that has dropped to somewhere in the region of 80% - meanwhile, 1 in 6 of the prison population is an immigrant into Britain.
    :confused:
    All I'm getting from this is that prison population is pretty representative of the general population, as far as race goes at least... have I completley missed the point here?

(Original post by effofex)
    On an actual serious note, what are these?

I have once politely asked English-born people what they are, so I can make some effort towards adhering to them (I'm an immigrant), but they always get tongue-tied at this point.
    If you're generally interested, might I recommend 'Watching the English' by Kate Fox? Obviously an anthropologist is going to give a better answer than someone who does it pretty subconciously, and it's a fun, interesting and easy read

White people would still own a far greater percentage of the money et cetera - look at former South Africa, with white minority rule.
    This reminded me of something my (South African) psych teacher said the other day. According to her, when post-Apartheid rules meant businesses had to hire 50% black people (even though the Aparteid system had left most without a proper education), lots of small businesses went down and so the best (white) businessmen left to go to other countries. Now that the black people are qualified enough, their businesses should be running smoothly - unfortunately, the 50% each rule is still in place and because all the intelligent white businessmen left they have to give the jobs to unintelligent white people. Essentially, equality legislation has a habit of backfiring.

More importantly, there is no point whatsoever if you force it to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    a tenner that Kickflip goes insane once she sees this.
    lol
    Twenty on her having a stroke as soon as she reads the title.
    Britain needs to do nothing, how does the racial make up of this country determine whether it is better than before?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't we be working for it not mattering what race anybody is rather than factionalising it as if there's a 'white group' a 'black group' etc... that isn't equality or fairity, that's equal subdivision of ethnicity. White people would still own a far greater percentage of the money et cetera - look at former South Africa, with white minority rule.

Isn't it better to try and integrate what we have into British society rather than try to balance races so there's equal numbers of all of them? In my mind, that doesn't correlate to 'fair' at all.
    Yes of course we should integrate, that's the point.

Look I don't support this so it should happen within 5 years, but gradually over generations, a bit like the way America is becoming. We are becoming an increasingly non-white state anyway full of diversity now what we need is to support this with immigration procedure that allows more non-white people to enter and not put some stupid cap to save 'white indigenous' Britain. I absolutely hate that. Britain is only 88% white or something and I think we need to increase that.

ReputationRep:
    Note; white british :P
    I know, that's why I asked for a source because I could only find figures on white people as a whole. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    I was reading an immigration bill passed by Lyndon Johnson in 1965 that was designed to allow more non-white people to enter the United States and to deliberatley change the ethnic makeup of the US to make it a more fairer society.

This legislation went on to, for example help Barack Obama, become the United States President. The US is expected to become a non-majority nation in the next 30-40 years, in which many democrats, including Bill Clinton have championed it calling it a "good thing".

And I was thinking to myself why wont Britain do something like this? The only way Britain will move foward as a society is if we pass a permenant legislation that allows non-white people to become a larger part of the demographic.

Britain needs to be a non-majority nation, i.e. less than 50% white to IMO to defeat the likes of the BNP and racists, so there is no overall racial control.

Do you personally agree with this that Britain needs a legislation passed similar to the Americans in radically changing the ethnic makeup of the country to make a fairer society?
    This has to be a troll.

1. Where does there being less white people = more fairer country.

2. Well, on the flip side, if there were no ethnic minorities, then the racism would become pointless, and people might blame those really responsible for half their ills :p:

3. The more non-whites, the more white people will support the BNP. In fact the BNP warn of what you propose, if it becomes govt policy, then more people will vote BNp because you will be making them right

4. Oh, even the white people in America are immigrants. The people that live here have been here since Pre-history (at least the celtic peoples), and the Germanic people of England may have been here for a similar-ish period, or could have come in post-Roman period. Either way, we're talking about a country were the indegeonous population here is, well, indegeonous. The white people in the USA have literally no more right to claim inherent Americanism than any other ethnic group.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro.

Do better next time.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't aware the BNP were a huuuuge problem? They're never going to get in power, racism in britain is exaggerated and exacerbated by the papers.. who try to scare us all about foreigners invading and islam is going to take over the world.

Applying your logic, then white people would have to go emmigrate to Nigeria until it's a majority non-black country, or go over to japan so it's a majority non-japanese country.. it's just not logical.

ReputationRep:
    Kindly point out the current legislation that prevents non-white people from being part of the demographic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    Fairer on nobody. There is no overall racial 'control' within Britain, I do not believe any single racial group should be above 50% (that includes majority black majority asian etc).

There was a telegraph poll showing that most Britains think the BNP had a point about talking up indigenous people. This is where we have gone wrong. There is an impression that there is a majority of people here who have special privilages over everyone else because of this useless term.

I think America, although far from perfect, is heading for what the world should become. And I just think we should do the same.

Britain's demographics are changing anyway, most people know that ethnic minorities have higher birth rates than White British so why ignore the elephant in the living room? I believe we should push for this and have time frame like pretty the way America is becoming, although controversial, I think it would in the long term benefit society here big time.
    I know this is a troll thread anyway, so not sure why i'm replying but your comparison with America is stupid because fundamentally the UK and the USA were founded in completely different ways. The USA can get away with becoming a pluralistic society because the "indiginous" people were pretty much taken over and it has become, in effect, a nation of immigrants, whereas the UK is not really a nation of immigrants so of course if White people became a minority it would be reacted to in an entirely different way than what it is in the USA.

And as far as Birth Rates go, i don't think they're changing as much as people think because remember second generation immigrants have far less children and i recall reading a survey in the Metro this week which was talking about findings in a study and something like 89% of people classed themselves as White British which isn't too much of a drop from the 2001 census, so for White British people to become a minority like what is happening in America there would have to be some sort of genocide (similar to what happened to the Native Americans) which i don't think anyone would say was a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)
    Ugh, I expected this.
    Well, I think having self-respect, and caring what other peple think, are important. This encompasses good manners, chivalry and other virtues which are no longer valued any more. We've rather descended into mutual slovenliness, a sort of "I won't judge you for acting a fool, providing you don't judge me when I do it'.

I was going to continue but have to go, if you really care, PM me, and I'll endeavour to answer your question.
    Good manners? I think you'll find that please, thank you, door-holding, etc. are all very commonplace in British society in those from all walks of life. Those who do not practice good manners wouldn't necessarily have been the ones to have done so 100 years ago anyway. It's also not essential to have good manners and be a civilised country, look to France for inspiration in that regard. Lack of good manners is hardly the end of the world, but equally it's hard to consider it a real virtue. They're nice gestures, but I'm struggling to envision holding a door open as "virtuous".

Chivalry? So we should all become mediaeval knights, now? Chivalry is a misnomer for what you're trying to describe - men shouldn't be expected to train with 700 year old weaponry to fight each other to the death over ridiculous notions of "honour", indeed the very concept of gender roles is completely preposterous beyond those necessitated by biology. Chivalry is long-gone, we should not look to it's return. The values that the unwritten code (which, might I add, was not exclusive to Britain or indeed Europe - Moors and Saracens had extremely similar chivalric codes, aptly demonstrated by Saladin) espouses which are not outdated live on as independent virtues.

Got any other vagaries you want to throw out there? Or is that all?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    Yes that's my point. I support a minority-majority nation.
    Yet you want the white population to be in the minority and the black immergrant population to be in the majority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    I don't care about the ethnic make up of this country :nothing:
    Either do I all we need is money making techniques.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.