Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so basically I am wondering whether or not I should declare my results on my UCAS application, would it be better for me to leave them as pending and only let universities see my predicted grades?

My AS results: Politics=A, Economics=A, Law=B and History=B.

My A2 predictions: Politics=A*, Economics=A and Law=A...I have dropped History.

I am thinking of applying to study Law at Bristol, Newcastle, Kings College London, Southampton and Kent...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    if the grades have been certified, you have no choice but to enter them in. If they are cashed in you have to state the grade as well

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it's compulsory, entering grades that have been certified.

ReputationRep:
    Wow - I was almost certain that only predicted grades were the ones that mattered. Oh well, thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    You enter your AS levels, and put A2 as pending.

ReputationRep:
    you can choose to leave your AS grades out even if your school cashed in your AS grades - some people in my school last year did it and it was fine

ReputationRep:
    The question really is 'should'...Do you think it will hinder my chances of getting into uni's wanting aaa-aab if i put my a.s grades up?

ReputationRep:
    Probably be fine if you put them up.

GCSEs and LNAT will play more of a part in your acceptance/rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Man(n18)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazytomato)
    you can choose to leave your AS grades out even if your school cashed in your AS grades - some people in my school last year did it and it was fine
    Er, no you can't. Certificated AS results have to be declared. And don't assume that because one lot of idiots got away with it the next lot will as well. Not telling the truth on a UCAS application can have particularly catastrophic results for an applicant to study law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    The OP doesn't have to tell them any of her AS grades if she chooses not to- they are incomplete qualifications. I think she wants to retake AS History in which case nothing is being certificated......but they are still good grades and if I were her I would write them down.

Thanks! But I am a guy ...and I am not going to retake AS History. Do I send out a feminine vibe or something...?

ReputationRep:
    The OP doesn't have to tell them any of her AS grades if she chooses not to- they are incomplete qualifications. I think she wants to retake AS History in which case nothing is being certificated......but they are still good grades and if I were her I would write them down.
    You are wrong on five counts: (a) The OP is not female; (b) the OP doesn't want to re-sit history; (c) a certificated AS is a complete qualification; (d) an intended re-sit does not change the fact that an AS has been certificated and (e) you do have to declare certificated AS qualifications, even if re-sitting some modules.

Apart from those minor points your post was very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You are wrong on five counts: (a) The OP is not female; (b) the OP doesn't want to re-sit history; (c) a certificated AS is a complete qualification; (d) an intended re-sit does not change the fact that an AS has been certificated and (e) you do have to declare certificated AS qualifications, even if re-sitting some modules.

Apart from those minor points your post was very helpful.
    OK I'm not too good with words so I'll try to explain again with a few corrections including the right gender lol.....
    I know that a certificated AS is complete but the op doesn't have to cash it in on this occasion......but as he isn't retaking (which I thought he was), the grade has to be stated.
    The three subjects which he is taking on to a2 are incomplete so they are never going to be certificated as AS levels- therefore the grades don't need to be stated to his ucas form, just predictons
    I do know what I'm talking about cos I did go through this myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pk550)
    Okay, so basically I am wondering whether or not I should declare my results on my UCAS application, would it be better for me to leave them as pending and only let universities see my predicted grades?

My AS results: Politics=A, Economics=A, Law=B and History=B.

My A2 predictions: Politics=A*, Economics=A and Law=A...I have dropped History.
    I am thinking of applying to study Law at Bristol, Newcastle, Kings College London, Southampton and Kent...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    I'd declare them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pk550)
    Thanks! But I am a guy ...and I am not going to retake AS History. Do I send out a feminine vibe or something...?
    Sorry- I don't know why I thought that :confused:
    As you are not retaking AS History, it will be certificated and you will have to declare it as a B.
    The other three don't need to be declared as you are not certificating them as AS grades but go ahead cos AAB is v. good. You have a nice set of uni choices there and as law is so competitive it may be to your advantage to declare them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazytomato)
    It really depends whether you personally think your ASs are good or not.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're retaking, you have to state them. You have great grades anyway, I wouldnt be scared about putting them down!

ReputationRep:
    ive got the same problem too and i dont want to put my as results on my ucas application... deos anybody here actually tried to get away with it? i really am tempted to not put them down.. please help me decide!

ReputationRep:
    I do know what I'm talking about cos I did go through this myself.
    I'm sorry, but you clearly don't understand what is involved, and are giving misleading advice.

Re-sitting a module does not change whether an AS has been certificated . You can re-sit a module of a certificated AS and must declare both the existing overall grade and the pending re-sit. On the orher habd you might have an uncertificated AS, in which case you don't declare its grade, even if you aren't re-sitting any modules.

Certification also has nothing whatever to do with whether a subject is being continued on to a full A level. Many schools certificate AS grades that are being continued, others don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soosile)
    ive got the same problem too and i dont want to put my as results on my ucas application... deos anybody here actually tried to get away with it? i really am tempted to not put them down.. please help me decide!
    Do you want to run the risk of losing any offers you receive or of disqualification from the UCAS system?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.