Turn on thread page Beta

Views of the political editor of the New Statesman (watch WHOLE video) watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    He's an idiot.

"Labour voters who voted for Liberal Democrat MPs" :facepalm: Wouldn't this make them....Liberal Democrat voters? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I remember that Question Time, he showed himself to be an massive prat.

At least he wasn't as bad when he was on it last night.

ReputationRep:
    Saw him last night on QT. A number of times he came across as rude and self-important. Like in the debate of the first question (I think) and John Redwood was making a point, he just kept interrupting him and tried to stop him making his point.

And he blamed the private sector for the state of the public sector pay packets. There's a major difference - private sector means just that, they receive no public taxes, so they can pay their employees whatever the hell they like. If people are demanding insanely high salaries in the public sector they have no right to, they get paid what the government is prepared to offer them.

ReputationRep:
    both times this man has been on question time (in may & last night) i’ve really liked him!

ReputationRep:
    Embarassing as this may be, I know this guy personally as he goes to my mosque and I've spoken to him a few times. hes actually an ok guy, but i agree he is quite arrogant and somewhat narcassistic. He is really far from a 'radical muslim', but he does like the crowd praising him so he usually gives them what they want, hence why he is portrayed as quite looney. Really though, hes an ok guy....

ReputationRep:
    I remember when this was on Question Time. I completely agree with him, and will never be voting Lib Dem again.

ReputationRep:
    he seemed like a total ass, feeding fantasies to other total asses...

these pathetic people who knew nothing about real liberalism and were shocked when the libs did the right thing by the economy. read the orange book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithink)
    he seemed like a total ass, feeding fantasies to other total asses...

these pathetic people who knew nothing about real liberalism and were shocked when the libs did the right thing by the economy. read the orange book.
    Perhaps you should read the latest CBI reports (i think its cbi), economic forecast trends and similarities in economic plans in countries like ireland ?

Orange Book =/= bible

The scary thing is that his views represent the mainstream muslim population of the UK fairly well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    The scary thing is that his views represent the mainstream muslim population of the UK fairly well.
    Mainstream Islam is concerned about the low proportion of women in Parliament?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    The scary thing is that it rly dosent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    He's an idiot.

"Labour voters who voted for Liberal Democrat MPs" :facepalm: Wouldn't this make them....Liberal Democrat voters? :rolleyes:
    You know what he means though, there's no need to be pedantic, a lot of labour supporters would have voted for the lib dems if abour had no chance in their constituency - for me that was a big reason to chose lib dems because labour would have been a wasted a vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashalls)
    You know what he means though, there's no need to be pedantic, a lot of labour supporters would have voted for the lib dems if abour had no chance in their constituency - for me that was a big reason to chose lib dems because labour would have been a wasted a vote.
    Then they and you should read into their policies more before voting for them as a Labour alternative and claiming "You sold out!" when they form a coalition with the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    He is a ****; he comes across as some silly jumped up little man and never has any actual argument bar some emotional tirade about how the Tories are evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Then they and you should read into their policies more before voting for them as a Labour alternative and claiming "You sold out!" when they form a coalition with the Tories.
    I dont remember 'we will form a coalition with the torys' ever being a policy of them . When I say labour being a lost vote was a big reason I voted for them I dont mean that was the only reason, I agreed with a lot of their policies, but thought that goes without saying ^...

ReputationRep:
    I dont remember 'we will form a coalition with the torys' ever being a policy of them . When I say labour being a lost vote was a big reason I voted for them I dont mean that was the only reason, I agreed with a lot of their policies, but thought that goes without saying ^...
    I don't remember a Tory policy being "We will form a coalition with the Lib Dems" - it works two ways. But it was the only feasible way of forming a government; you can't have Labour and the Lib Dems forming a "losers" coalition - it'd be like Man Utd and Arsenal merging together at the end of the season to beat Chelsea.

If you knew about the Lib Dems, you'd realise that Nick Clegg, Vince Cable and Chris Huhne are some of the co-authors of the Orange Book, which, really, puts them closer to some of the Tories than Labour.

ReputationRep:

Regardless of your intentions or your reasons, if you voted Liberal Democrat in the last election, you become a Liberal Democrat voter.

ReputationRep:
    I never really got this 'wasted vote' thing. Surely, even if you vote for a party that has a good chance of winning, it's incredibly unlikely for your vote to make a difference anyway?

If you prefered Labour's policies, then you should have voted for them. If you prefered Lib Dem policies, you should be fine with a coalition since Proportional Representation (a Lib Dem policy) would cause one to happen virtually every single election.

ReputationRep:
    I do have a lot of respect for him: he makes some good points, but he also comes across as a bit of a **** which is a shame.

I'd take him even more seriously if he didn't.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.