Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm in my final year doing BSc Geography at University of Manchester.

1.I have no science background whatsoever, I only had Geography, English and French in my Baccalaureate exam.
    2.What matters is your personal statement, if you make your case for becoming a physical geographer then you will get in.
    3.There have been situations when I wished I had a scientific background. However, these were few and with hard work, everything is fine.
    4. Remember that geography at uni is quite different than what you did before and university in itself is a place where you can change dramatically. I'm actually among the best 5 physical geographers in my department.

So do not be afraid, uni life will give you a chance to prove yourself and Geography is one degree where science is needed but not in hardcore way, at least not at this level.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at www.prospects.ac.uk to see what you can do with a degree in Geography. Personally, I'd love to work for an environmental consultancy (requires a MSc too) or to stay in the academia.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.