Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im staying in block j this year (standard) and just had a few questions.

1. what is the bike storage like? is there a shed somewhere for bikes?
    2. is there an aerial/reception socket so you can plug a tv into? (i need a license i know )
    3. will there actually be space in a room for tv? the desk looks quite small, but i only have a laptop, so could fit on there maybe?

thanks for any help =) only 2 days to gooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medi01)
    Hi, im staying in block j this year (standard) and just had a few questions.

1. what is the bike storage like? is there a shed somewhere for bikes?
    2. is there an aerial/reception socket so you can plug a tv into? (i need a license i know )
    3. will there actually be space in a room for tv? the desk looks quite small, but i only have a laptop, so could fit on there maybe?

thanks for any help =) only 2 days to gooo!

hey dunno about bikes as i dint bring one and yes there is an ariel plug but tbh dont reckon there is room for a tv am glad i didnt bring mine with me

ReputationRep:
    There certainly used to be bike sheds for Lafrowda students outside blocks Q & R and for all I know there may well be others further up the hill, closer to the other Lafrowda blocks. However, the bike shed I knew at the time (2006-7) was not secure, so you would still need to chain it up.

I personally wouldn't bother bringing a TV - there is one in the flat and if you have any sort of life/are putting any work into your degree at all you will have better things to do than watch TV in your room. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    There are no provided TVs in any of the flats now since UPP took over, its easily remedied though. I wouldn't worry so much about the TV Tax either.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have some questions concerning lafrowda. I heard that the standard lafrowda block is being knocked down. Does this mean that there will only be lafrowda enhanced? And I heard that prices are going up for the halls? Is it true? Hopefully someone can clarify this for me

ReputationRep:
    Nvm i got the information i needed already

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.