Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im staying in block j this year (standard) and just had a few questions.

1. what is the bike storage like? is there a shed somewhere for bikes?
    2. is there an aerial/reception socket so you can plug a tv into? (i need a license i know )
    3. will there actually be space in a room for tv? the desk looks quite small, but i only have a laptop, so could fit on there maybe?

thanks for any help =) only 2 days to gooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medi01)
    Hi, im staying in block j this year (standard) and just had a few questions.

1. what is the bike storage like? is there a shed somewhere for bikes?
    2. is there an aerial/reception socket so you can plug a tv into? (i need a license i know )
    3. will there actually be space in a room for tv? the desk looks quite small, but i only have a laptop, so could fit on there maybe?

thanks for any help =) only 2 days to gooo!

hey dunno about bikes as i dint bring one and yes there is an ariel plug but tbh dont reckon there is room for a tv am glad i didnt bring mine with me

ReputationRep:
    There certainly used to be bike sheds for Lafrowda students outside blocks Q & R and for all I know there may well be others further up the hill, closer to the other Lafrowda blocks. However, the bike shed I knew at the time (2006-7) was not secure, so you would still need to chain it up.

I personally wouldn't bother bringing a TV - there is one in the flat and if you have any sort of life/are putting any work into your degree at all you will have better things to do than watch TV in your room. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    There are no provided TVs in any of the flats now since UPP took over, its easily remedied though. I wouldn't worry so much about the TV Tax either.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have some questions concerning lafrowda. I heard that the standard lafrowda block is being knocked down. Does this mean that there will only be lafrowda enhanced? And I heard that prices are going up for the halls? Is it true? Hopefully someone can clarify this for me

ReputationRep:
    Nvm i got the information i needed already

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.