Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my a-levels and, although I got an offer for 2011 at Liverpool Uni for medicine, I didn't get the grades. So I'm reapplying to Uni next year for medicine and physiotherapy, because I doubt I'll get a place in medicine because of the competition, and the fact that most medical schools don't accept resit applicants. But I don't know how to write my personal statement about two subjects.
    Help?

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I guess there's a number of ways you could do it.

You could try integrate the two subjects. Talk about your interests in both but talk about specific things which could be linked? ie; if you did work experience, you could say how it would suit to both fields.

or, you could do it seperately. First half of the PS on one subject. The second half on the other.

I am applying for international business, but for one uni I am applying for business and politics. The way I did it was focus on business, and then mentioned my other interests which is politics, so I guess that could be another way. Ie; your main interest is medicine, and you would love to study that, although you see yourself in the future as a physiotherapist. or w/e.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I could, but I dont know whether or not that would show that I'm not commited enough to medicine or physiotherapy and I won't get into either. So I thought of writing a personal statement without saying medicine or physiotherapy... Iit's proving to be quite difficult and I'm not sure if it will make my personal statement a bit thin, just talking about 'healthcare' and 'this degree course'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barmy Billy Bailey)
    I guess I could, but I dont know whether or not that would show that I'm not commited enough to medicine or physiotherapy and I won't get into either. So I thought of writing a personal statement without saying medicine or physiotherapy... Iit's proving to be quite difficult and I'm not sure if it will make my personal statement a bit thin, just talking about 'healthcare' and 'this degree course'...

Hi, did you find out how to do both? im currently in the same situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily_1012)
    Hi, did you find out how to do both? im currently in the same situation
    Hi, I did send my personal statement off without mentioning either subject, I did get an interview for medicine. Which I'm pretty happy about
    But the physiotherapy courses rejected me, stating that I didnt show enough knowledge of the course.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.