Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Vera Wang Wedding Dress watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia_14)
    that isnot as bad as though
    Yeah I expected them to be A LOT more, I think though Vera Wang used to be a lot more expensive, and it's only her recent collection that she's lowered the prices a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I too want a Vera Wang wedding dress! Nothing else will do!

ReputationRep:
    Her dresses are so gorgeous...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who wouldn't wear a Vera Wang dress? I really don't like the "princessy" wedding dresses at all, I'd rather have something a lot softer and more flowing. I found my IDEAL wedding dress online once and had it saved to my old computer but I've lost it now I quite like these ones:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Actually most are 2-7 thousand dollars but the Luxe collection being those mostly photographed and probably what OP has been looking at are 6-12 thousand dollars with some being even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    [/SPOILER]
    You're not alone. I won't wear a vera wang i dont think. Too "couture" for me and likely to date. I want something really classy.

BTW that one i've quoted is Grace Kelly by Maggie Sottero (I think its Grace Kelly but its definitely a Maggie) and she is the designer behind the dress I love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    You're not alone. I won't wear a vera wang i dont think. Too "couture" for me and likely to date. I want something really classy.

BTW that one i've quoted is Grace Kelly by Maggie Sottero (I think its Grace Kelly but its definitely a Maggie) and she is the designer behind the dress I love.
    :yep: fantastic choice, I love Maggie Sottero. I also like Pronuptia for their brilliant construction giving an excellent form and Justin Alexander (love that dress) who is just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not mad on Vera Wang tbh. I want my dress to be partly made from a custom-made corset so I'll probably get my own made unless I really get taken away by a designer one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)

Oooh, thanks for the info, I love all her other dresses too now that I've taken a look! The one called Abigail is STUNNING!

(and Sheridan and Gatsby and omg I'm in love xD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Oooh, thanks for the info, I love all her other dresses too now that I've taken a look! The one called Abigail is STUNNING!

(and Sheridan and Gatsby and omg I'm in love xD)
    My personal favourites are Brigitte, Demi, Chardonnay, Victoriana (although loads of people have worn that now) and a few of the destinations ones. Not to mention the fact my aunt got married in Capri Marie and it was even more stunning in real life - and really well made/good quality.

ReputationRep:
    Love the ones riotgirl posted up top! All those fancy shmancy dresses don't cut it for me. I prefer something less modern/more sophisticated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Vera Wang fan either. I would have spent up to £2000 on my dress but after trying loads on over a large price range, the one I loved was just £725!

ReputationRep:
    Ive said I may start saving once I get a full time job with good enough wages & ide love and Ian Stuart dress. They are beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you waste all that money on one dress? Weddings are far too much about the cost and expense these days. I would rather spend £50 on a nice dress that i could wear again :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Why would you waste all that money on one dress? Weddings are far too much about the cost and expense these days. I would rather spend £50 on a nice dress that i could wear again :dontknow:
    I want something that will please John more than anything and he would be really dissapointed if I turned up in a normal dress! Furthermore, I waste so much money every day I wont even miss a few hundred more!

In saying that I am not into wasting loads of money on the wedding. Although did waste rather alot on the honeymoon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQueenOfComputerScience)
    I want something that will please John more than anything and he would be really dissapointed if I turned up in a normal dress! Furthermore, I waste so much money every day I wont even miss a few hundred more!

In saying that I am not into wasting loads of money on the wedding. Although did waste rather alot on the honeymoon!
    What about pleasing yourself? I'm not suggesting something plain but to spend over £2000 on a dress for a day that is supposed to be about two people loving each other seem so damn materialistic. Of course if you have that cash then go for iit but i know of women who have gone a whole winter without heating to pay for weddings when in reality it is one day.

I am by no means judging anyone, do as you wish by all means, i just think it is so easy to get caught up in the me me me attitude of today that it is easy to forget that getting married is a show of commitment not a £2000 dress, 5 tiered cake and sit down, three course meal for 50.

ReputationRep:
    What about pleasing yourself? I'm not suggesting something plain but to spend over £2000 on a dress for a day that is supposed to be about two people loving each other seem so damn materialistic. Of course if you have that cash then go for iit but i know of women who have gone a whole winter without heating to pay for weddings when in reality it is one day.

I am by no means judging anyone, do as you wish by all means, i just think it is so easy to get caught up in the me me me attitude of today that it is easy to forget that getting married is a show of commitment not a £2000 dress, 5 tiered cake and sit down, three course meal for 50.
    Of course its what pleases me too! However, it is really nice to please the guy you love :rolleyes:. Oh btw, I actually only spent £725, I just would have spent that much if the dress I liked cost that much.

I would never skimp on any other aspect of my life to have a wedding, I went on a lovely expensive holiday last month too so hardly scraping the barrel right now!

Oh btw 50 people is concidered a small wedding :eek: I know this because when I went to book a 50 person wedding I was met with "only 50?!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQueenOfComputerScience)
    Of course its what pleases me too! However, it is really nice to please the guy you love :rolleyes:. Oh btw, I actually only spent £725, I just would have spent that much if the dress I liked cost that much.

I would never skimp on any other aspect of my life to have a wedding, I went on a lovely expensive holiday last month too so hardly scraping the barrel right now!

Oh btw 50 people is concidered a small wedding :eek: I know this because when I went to book a 50 person wedding I was met with "only 50?!".
    Exactly my point.

ReputationRep:

Amen!

Why is being a Bridezilla normal nowadays?

To me, a wedding day is all about throwing an effing good party for the people you love/care about and wanting them to share your happiness for one day. Not wanting them to pay an effing fortune to see a circus performance down the aisle and have to get a takeaway afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    Amen!

Why is being a Bridezilla normal nowadays?

To me, a wedding day is all about throwing an effing good party for the people you love/care about and wanting them to share your happiness for one day. Not wanting them to pay an effing fortune to see a circus performance down the aisle and have to get a takeaway afterwards.
    Um what? I hope this wasn't aimed at me as I am not a bridezilla and am serving a bloody 5 course feast at my wedding, picked the venue based on how good the food is!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.