Ow Watch

This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
just thought I'd share this with you guys. Earlier I stubbed my toe on the door and I swore like a trooper and thought nothing more of it, anyway its still sore so I just took off my sock and I've split the toe nail all the way down.

Yesterday i was running down the stairs and I slipped into the bannister and have a big bruise across the chest.

Is anyone else as unfortunate and clumsy as me?
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
just thought I'd share this with you guys. Earlier I stubbed my toe on the door and I swore like a trooper and thought nothing more of it, anyway its still sore so I just took off my sock and I've split the toe nail all the way down.

Yesterday i was running down the stairs and I slipped into the bannister and have a big bruise across the chest.

Well not quite, you've certainly outdone my toe crushing mishaps. Most recent being breaking my left big toe upon getting out of the pool last week. Gripped the hand rail, placed foot on final step beneath water, and suddenly foot slid forward hard into the pool wall. Toe swells to twice size over next hour and hurts like buggery. What does the split toe nail look like exactly? Got a pic handy?
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
NO but i did have my big toe nail removed twice
viviki
Rep:
?
No digital camera I'm afraid half the nail is still pink and the other part is white and sort of scuffed and its just got a crack down it and looks sore.

I broke my little toe a few years ago when my flatmate put her clothes airer outside my door and I stubbed my toe on it and then fell down the stairs and landed on it. I have to be the clumsiest person ever.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ew
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

LOL, yes I'd say I've had days like that.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No digital camera I'm afraid half the nail is still pink and the other part is white and sort of scuffed and its just got a crack down it and looks sore.

I broke my little toe a few years ago when my flatmate put her clothes airer outside my door and I stubbed my toe on it and then fell down the stairs and landed on it. I have to be the clumsiest person ever.
Clumsiest person ever? Well you're certainly making a valiant attempt at the title hehe
viviki
Rep:
?
Did I mention that I chopped the tip of one of my fingers off in the hinges of a door and the nail on one of my fingers on the other hand came off because I got it shut in a fire door
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did I mention that I chopped the tip of one of my fingers off in the hinges of a door and the nail on one of my fingers on the other hand came off because I got it shut in a fire door
ding ding ding... I think we have a winner. erm viviki, just where did you get this natural talent for busting yourself up?
viviki
Rep:
?
Its just a natural talent. I have no spacial awareness at all I'm always bumping into things I've always been like that and I trip over a lot too. Luckily I trip up stairs instead of falling down them.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Once I somehow hurt my big toe on a nail or something, and it was bleeding all over. However, I didn't even feel it until my cousins pointed out all of the blood.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ouch! That's pretty awful.
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its just a natural talent. I have no spacial awareness at all I'm always bumping into things I've always been like that and I trip over a lot too. Luckily I trip up stairs instead of falling down them.
Been there done that, lol. I started down the steps the other day and stepped off wrong and just kinda slid down about 6 steps on my feet, ended up with a huge splinter from the railing. hmmm, let's see I broke my shoulder when I was 16 doing a cartwheel. I have busted every toe but one some more than once. The funniest was when I went sliding across a wet floor into a door frame busting 4 toes on my right foot. I have been known to trip over absolutely nothing, and walls tend to jump out in front of me when I am walking past, not too mention how many doors have hit me on the way out and in!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Your doing a law degree, sue them!!! Wait....it was self inflicted.....sue them anyway!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads