Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ive moved into a house

the landlord owns the house but only uses it on the weekends as he works in edinborough monday-friday morning, i get a good deal of 340 a month all inclusive in a nice house and area

im normally oblivious to when someone takes the piss out of me so i need advice if he is taking the piss or not

he asks me to keep the living room windows open to let air in, he asks that i keep it tidy (hoover it etc), he asks if i can park in a certain place because its awkward for the neighbours, he asks if i can do favours for him like put the trash out when he is not home etc, just daft things like keep the windows open etc etc, but i close them because it gets chilly

is this reasonable for him to ask? or is he taking the mick?

ReputationRep:
    and he asks me to keep the washer free on weekends so he can do his washing because he has no other time

ReputationRep:
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GhostOfMiranda)
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me
    even having to keep the washer free on the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I think most of his requests are fair enough, I wouldnt have thought keeping the place tidy would be that difficult - taking out the rubbish and hoovering if your the one there most of the week, and I think the washing machine is fair play too if hes not home during the week.

ReputationRep:
    None of that sounds even the tiniest bit unreasonable.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's not there during the week but you are...so you can use it during the week

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks guys, i have no social awareness about if things are right or wrong to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Yep, seems pretty reasonable to me, it's not just up to him to keep it tidy, you live there as well. Just do your washing during the week?

ReputationRep:
    OP, what if everyone in this thread is being sarcastic and you simply haven't realised it yet :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fair to me. I drag my house mates to the bins to make them empty it if I have to.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly reasonable. He needs to do his washing on the weekends whereas you have the whole week to do it. Keeping the windows open is the only one that seems a bit weird if you're feeling cold so I'd just ask him about this and tell him you're cold

ReputationRep:
    Completely reasonable and fair.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.