Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you date a guy thats not very manly? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Given the amount of androgynous, tight jeans wearing, wierd salon hair having creatures that lurk the streets , it's not a suprise that women are not into manly men.
    This. This video explains what is happening to London atm:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I prefer the manly man ...but he must have a sensitive side! however each to their own and im sure some girls would like a guy who is a little more girly! =]

ReputationRep:
    I just need him to be "manly" at heart - physical attributes are a bonus to me, who cares if the person that I love isn't the greatest fittest guy (eg. <insert hot actor's name>), he'll be the best in my eyes and that's all I care about really.

(Original post by Crystalclearmagic)
    I just need him to be "manly" at heart - physical attributes are a bonus to me, who cares if the person that I love isn't the greatest fittest guy (eg. <insert hot actor's name>), he'll be the best in my eyes and that's all I care about really.
    Hard for me to say without sounding arrogant.. but i'm told quite cute. Fairly attractive. Not fat, leaning towards skinny. Just the babyface makes me look quite young. I kinda feel like if i try to act manly, it wont match how i look and i'll look like some wannabe 'lad'.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh men who look and act feminine are becoming more popular, fashionable and attractive to women these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hard for me to say without sounding arrogant.. but i'm told quite cute. Fairly attractive. Not fat, leaning towards skinny. Just the babyface makes me look quite young. I kinda feel like if i try to act manly, it wont match how i look and i'll look like some wannabe 'lad'.
    to be honest, I've not dated a boy who's been described as "cute" but I have dated someone who's been described as "sweet", yet I do know a friend who is currently dating someone to your similar description so there are girls who dates boys like you - so I needn't worry:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Relative to older looking guys, you're screwed until you get older because women prefer older looking men. However, in the long run baby-faced is better.

Don't try to act manly... one has comic nightmares of the sort of things you might do. just don't be bubbly. some girls do go for young looking guys.

I had a baby-face... when I was 18 I looked 14 years old - true story. didn't stop me getting female attention, although it's true I didn't get a girlfriend in my first year at uni.

(Original post by twl)
    Relative to older looking guys, you're screwed until you get older because women prefer older looking men. However, in the long run baby-faced is better.

Don't try to act manly... one has comic nightmares of the sort of things you might do. just don't be bubbly. some girls do go for young looking guys.

I had a baby-face... when I was 18 I looked 14 years old - true story. didn't stop me getting female attention, although it's true I didn't get a girlfriend in my first year at uni.
    Dont act manly, dont be bubbly. That leaves me with...

tbh i would rather be bubbly than boring.

ReputationRep:
    Dont act manly, dont be bubbly. That leaves me with...

tbh i would rather be bubbly than boring.
    I'd rather be boring, or do you want to attract gayzors?

ReputationRep:
    Hey.
    Whenever I see girls around my age (I'm 18) with guys, they always seem to be with older guys/ or guys that are fairly manly.
    Is being baby-faced and quite bubbly a turn off for girls? I'm not saying camp or anything, just not a 'mans man'. Just a bit more feminine than usual.
    I kinda get the feeling girls wouldnt want to be seen with this kinda guy.

P.s dont answer based on principal, answer based on what you would actually do. brutal honesty. cheers.
    NO YOU'RE WRONG!!!

Honestly, thats the kind of guys many people I know dig. Combined with a bubbly personality you'd make a lovely boyfriend. Maybe the people you've seen are just...like that. Or you're just slightly paranoid. Either way, baby-faced is not a bad thing at all and fits in to LOADS of peoples taste. Inc myself.

(Original post by twl)
    I'd rather be boring, or do you want to attract gayzors?
    You have been very helpful. and i thank you for that. But i cant comprehend a girl wanting to spend time with a boring guy than a bubbly guy...

ReputationRep:
    You have been very helpful. and i thank you for that. But i cant comprehend a girl wanting to spend time with a boring guy than a bubbly guy...
    if you manage to bag a slut with a bubbly personality post here for us to pass on our congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.
    Whenever I see girls around my age (I'm 18) with guys, they always seem to be with older guys/ or guys that are fairly manly.
    Is being baby-faced and quite bubbly a turn off for girls? I'm not saying camp or anything, just not a 'mans man'. Just a bit more feminine than usual.
    I kinda get the feeling girls wouldnt want to be seen with this kinda guy.

P.s dont answer based on principal, answer based on what you would actually do. brutal honesty. cheers.
    well, because girls mature faster than boys, getting an older man increase the chances of him being as mature as her if not more.

im attracted to guys that are at least 2 years older than me :/

ReputationRep:
    My friend has a really manly chavvy boyfriend and he actually sent her a text that said "I'm going to the gym to get hench for my baby" :rofl:

Anyways, I don't mind if a guy isn't really tough and "blokey" but baby faces do NOT appeal to me whatsoever. Zac Efron looks about 12 though and loads of my friends like him, so I'm clearly the odd one out.

ReputationRep:
    Above all I like a guy who is himself, so don't go around trying to be what you think other people want. Just be yourself.

I personally do prefer masculine men though. A guy who can fix things, pick up heavy stuff and doesn't grow his hair long like a ponce. :sexface:

Girly looking guys like Zac Efron and co are just... odd. They're cute, like how children are cute, but I seriously don't see how I could be attracted to them. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    This. This video explains what is happening to London atm:

LMFAO!!!!, that was actually an excellent video and so true, the part about the "gigs", "male leggings" "20/20 frames" and taking pictures in the park really cracked me up, and that video reminds me exactly of when I went the other day to River Island and the thing that struck me was that their range was progressively getting more and more effeminate and it's seems as if it catching on to a lot of stores, you can't walk two seconds without seeing one of the tight douche v-neck tops :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    personally, no I wouldn't date a guy would looked pretty baby faced but then, it'd be weird cos I'm quite 'womanly', as it were.

If I looked like I was 12, yeah why not!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how feminine he is exactly. Tbh, my boyfriend's not exactly a 'manly man' but he's not extremely feminine either. He's still protective but he's genuinely nice to everyone he meets, talks a lot, is very empathetic, which some people may find rather feminine but it's just the right amount. He still prefers to come home after work and just chill with a beer and would much rather be at the pub than, say, shopping :p:

Looks wise - my cheeks are probably more defined than his are and his face has softer features but he still looks like a man

tl;dr - it's not a problem really

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess, I'm not that into manly men anyway
    or maybe I'm too much of a lesbian :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    LMFAO!!!!, that was actually an excellent video and so true, the part about the "gigs", "male leggings" "20/20 frames" and taking pictures in the park really cracked me up, and that video reminds me exactly of when I went the other day to River Island and the thing that struck me was that their range was progressively getting more and more effeminate and it's seems as if it catching on to a lot of stores, you can't walk two seconds without seeing one of the tight douche v-neck tops :rolleyes:
    It's embarrassing but as time goes on they've become proud of their effeminate geekiness because they aren't getting beaten up about it any more like in primary school, the video even points out that they used to get bullied about it :rofl: I've never seen a successful person dressed like that who works in a proper job outside of the fashion industry so I'm guessing they'll either end up dressing normally, go on the dole or a few will carry on and work in fashion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.