Turn on thread page Beta

Do I Need Stitches..? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically i cut my hand open the other day by accident, its quite deep and about an inche across my palm but its obviously only minor so i jsut put a plaster on it, but i've had to have my hand semi-closed for 3 days because it pulls open again if i accdentally extend my hand out and bleeds (plus it hurts!).
    So do you think i need it stitched closed or should i just leave it and hope it heals itself? I don't want to go to the hospital and wait around only for them to tell me im being stupid and its fine, or waste their time.

ReputationRep:
    keep it clean - and maybe use a bandage to try and keep it sealed rather than a plaster.

I say this too - this is what I do - use super glue (not if it's major deep! but it'll bind the wound together - I use it - it works - but I'm not going to tell you to do it - incase - and I hope no one lambasts me for saying it!!

just advice!!

get well soon
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    Basically i cut my hand open the other day by accident, its quite deep and about an inche across my palm but its obviously only minor so i jsut put a plaster on it, but i've had to have my hand semi-closed for 3 days because it pulls open again if i accdentally extend my hand out and bleeds (plus it hurts!).
    So do you think i need it stitched closed or should i just leave it and hope it heals itself? I don't want to go to the hospital and wait around only for them to tell me im being stupid and its fine, or waste their time.
    You should take a trip up there. The triage nurses would say if you need to wait to have stitches when you get there. You may need a tetanus vaccination depending on how you acquired your injury.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.