The Student Room Group

Girls on the ground floor with me - isn't that not allowed?

hey guys, I'm at Bangor Uni. My room is on the ground floor and I was shocked to find that 5/8 of us in my flat are girls. I was always told that girls weren't put on the ground floor uni for obvious reasons (attack, rape, abduction). I was told a story once about a girl getting into bed at Cambridge, read a magazine, threw it on the floor, and when she went to switch off her lamp the magazine slid under her bed, so she got up , ran along the bed and jumped to the door and got out while the guy under her bed got out her window.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AnthonyShock
hey guys, I'm at Bangor Uni. My room is on the ground floor and I was shocked to find that 5/8 of us in my flat are girls. I was always told that girls weren't put on the ground floor uni for obvious reasons (attack, rape, abduction). I was told a story once about a girl getting into bed at Cambridge, read a magazine, threw it on the floor, and when she went to switch off her lamp the magazine slid under her bed, so she got up , ran along the bed and jumped to the door and got out while the guy under her bed got out her window.

At my uni there are heaps of girls on the ground floor. It sounds like an 'urban myth' which you fell for.
XD They're terrible at hiding.
Oh, you silly boy.
i heard that before i went to uni as well
but ive found that most of the halls dont care as security is enough to protect them
so you have nothing to be worried about
Reply 5
Poor guy just couldn't afford to buy the latest edition of OK magazine. Maybe a bit drastic but still, have some compassion!
Reply 6
Lol OP wtf was that story about?

Can people only hide under ground-floor beds?
Yeah it is allowed.. loads of people on the ground floor here, but most of the rooms face inwards anyway. And the windows don't open fully so it'd be impossible to get out. Bangor is a safe place anyway I'm from there so I wouldn't worry tbh :smile:
:rofl:

Define: gullible
You've been hoodwinked.
You are questioning there being 5 girls to 3 guys in your flat?

Are you sure you're a student?
Reply 11
AnthonyShock
hey guys, I'm at Bangor Uni. My room is on the ground floor and I was shocked to find that 5/8 of us in my flat are girls. I was always told that girls weren't put on the ground floor uni for obvious reasons (attack, rape, abduction).

hmmm people are making fun but what you said sounds reasonable...
:rofl:

Once in halls at UCL a tramp wondered in and fell asleep in one of the toilets during the year I stayed there. It actually made it into the Uni magazine!
It totally depends on the uni/housing company. At Durham there aren't any girls on the ground floor in several of the colleges, but it depends on what the uni/unite/whoever wants to do.
AnthonyShock

Is English your first language?
-kit-kat-
hmmm people are making fun but what you said sounds reasonable...

Yeah, I don't get what is so stupid about it :s-smilie: I've never been to Uni before, bloody hell.
Let's be honest; if they can get into the building in the first place, what's to stop them going to any floor? No one should leave their window open wide enough for someone to get in, whether they're on the ground floor or not.

Anyway. They should be fine. They've got you big strong boys to look after them, right? =]
(edited 13 years ago)
Rape happens upstairs as well, in some halls a few weeks back near my flat some guy got in and raped a girl on the second floor. Halls windows are reasonably secure, aren't they?
Reply 18
I thought it was a sensible idea and if iirc was practised at my old uni.

It's not the law or anything. Just common sense. Same principles of having hounds sat in the back of a pub where all the booze is stored.
Reply 19
don't be ridiculous.

Latest