Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you go without eating? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I'm hungry, Longest I've gone was 3 days and only started to feel it in the third day to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I can go on for AGES!
    The other day, I went to bed at 12, and realised that I hadnt eaten since I came back frm college at 3

ReputationRep:
    About 5-6 hours, or my blood sugar gets screwed up and I feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I read something yday saying that when people go without food for around 7/8 hours they're ravenous, and would be willing to eat the bread basket along with the bread. That just strikes me as totally bizarre.

How long do you go without eating?

Today I've had a can of coke zero and about a quarter of a fruit scone and tbh that's a lot for me. I didn't even want the scone, but it was offered. I'm not hungry at all, I probably won't eat for another 2 hours. I also haven't eaten since around 7PM last night, and this is totally normal for me. I seldom eat before like 5PM. Sometimes I go to work, 11 hour shift, won't have eaten a thing all day and when I get home at like 11PM, I still won't be particularly hungry.

I'm just seldom ever hungry I guess. :dontknow: Is this really weird? I skip lunch and breakfast, not because of any dietary reasons, but simply because I'm not at all hungry. Right now, I have absolutely zero hunger, living off a quarter of a scone and a can of zero calorie cola.
    Sometimes my friends comment, like "aren't you eating?" or "I wish I could do that". But it's not willpower or anything stupid like that, I'm just not at all hungry.

WHATEVER. How long do you go without eating/between meals (without snacks)?
    You must surely drink something as well as just your quarter of a scone and can of diet coke? Anything?
    There's surely no way you can live on 330ml of diet coke and a quater of a scone each day. If anything, that coke wont be enough to keep you hydrated.

ReputationRep:
    i can go around a full day comfortably, but that's why i'm probably so marga

ReputationRep:
    I usually eat every 4/5/6 hours. Breakfast at 8. Dinner at 12/1. Tea usually around 5-7.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Sometimes I eat every half hour. Sometimes I can not eat for the entire day and barely notice.

ReputationRep:
    I have a really small appetite and could easily not eat for a day or so.
    Like over the past few days I've only picked at a bit of food; I ate some free biscuits at the Freshers Fair and then last night I had some pasta and nothing today. I do drink a hell of a lot of coffee, though and have about 5 cups a day.
    This probably explains why I'm underweight but I don't deliberatly not eat - I just naturally don't have much of an appetite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    That is odd. I can't imagine eating 32/36 times a day :lolwut:
    It's more of a continuous thing lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    It's more of a continuous thing lol.
    And you don't see that as a problem?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, aside from when I'm actually asleep, I'd say about 2-3 hours. I'm always hungry, so I'm generally always 'grazing'. Crisps, sandwiches, fruit...

How I'm not a fatty yet, I don't know. I shouldn't be size 6.

I just tell myself I'm keeping my metabolism in high-speed mode. :mmm: If it slows down I'll become a whale. Though my dad always had a similar build and he's still quite slight for someone his age.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm left to my own devices and I don't have anyone telling me it's dinnertime now I can go from 8/9PM until late afternoon the next day without eating anything. Still chubby though.

ReputationRep:
    Your stomach has shrunk. The reason you're not hungry is because your body is used to not eating. If you generally eat 3 meals a day but one day you miss breakfast then by the time it comes to lunch you will be starving.

Erm I almost always miss breakfast and generally don't feel hungry until around 11am when I have brunch. I have lunch around 2-3pm then dinner anywhere between 7 & 9.

ReputationRep:
    I eat mainly for the taste and entertainment value. I rarely feel massively hungry, and when I do it subsides after a short time.

(Original post by daniel bergmann)
    You must surely drink something as well as just your quarter of a scone and can of diet coke? Anything?
    There's surely no way you can live on 330ml of diet coke and a quater of a scone each day. If anything, that coke wont be enough to keep you hydrated.
    Bubbles comes from the desert or some ****. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    And you don't see that as a problem?
    Yeah, I hate it, costs me a fortune, but I totally freak out thinking about not eating say after my dinner until maybe 9/10 or even the morning. At least I'm not fat :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    Yeah, I hate it, costs me a fortune, but I totally freak out thinking about not eating say after my dinner until maybe 9/10 or even the morning. At least I'm not fat :dontknow:
    Ah well. It's probably habit more than anything tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what mood I'm in.
    If I'm reasonable- happy then anymore after about four hours I'm hungry but
    if I'm in a bad/sad mood then I usually go a lot longer either because I feel too sick to eat or I forget.

ReputationRep:
    Usually eat dinner at 5:30/6pm, and then don't eat anything until the next dinner time. Otherwise I'll eat at 11:30am/12:30pm and then eat late at night around 11pm.

Either way I don't eat much; I only eat when I'm hungry, and I'm not gaining/losing any weight so :dontknow:
    Having said that, there are days when I just eat and eat and eat. And don't gain anything. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    I can go a few hours without eating if i'm busy, but boredom makes me stuff my face.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of hours maybe? I get hungry really quickly. I've got a friend who is permanently hungry, so she eats a lot, and she's thin as a rail.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.