The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've always had a massive appetite, as long as I can remember. Luckily I've also always been very active, so I don't look as if I do. I eat healthily on the whole, and deliberately try not to snack unless it's some fruit or a yogurt. I always seem to be hungry though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Can go pretty much from breakfast at 7 AM to about 8 or 9 at night before I start feeling really hungry.
I haven't eaten for about 4 hours and my rabbit is looking tastier by the minute...
Reply 43
If I'm just at home doing nothing, I could easily go without food until dinner time at 7 or 8pm. I don't do this often of course, but I wouldn't find it difficult. I regularly go 7+ hours without food in the holidays too, because I'm too lazy to make meals.
Reply 44
7/8 hours? Ye couldn't go that long without food unless I was asleep :s:

I never really go without food for more than a couple of hours, but tend to eat more small meals rather than huge ones
Reply 45
No more than 2 hours
Reply 46
When I was smoking I could often dismiss a lunch quite easily so no food after breakfast til the evening was quite common. I guess on a big night out I'd not eat from evening til the early hours which could be 7/8 hours easily.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Probably a couple of hours, but even then I'm only eating snacks. I tend to eat only one big meal a day, but even then it's not much compared to some people's 'big meals.'

I just don't like eating too much at once, I'd rather space it out throughout the day.
I can go 12 hours if i'm distracted (gaming, reading, watching tv etc).
Still need the odd glass of water though.
Reply 49
i dunno, couple days?
i hardly eat either just when i'm hungry or it that time of the month.
wish i was thinner though :mad:
(edited 13 years ago)
I drink a lot more than I eat - I can happily go for about 6 hours without eating, although I tend not to.
40hours without eating
hahaha try beating that
I eat every hour and I'm as skinny as a rake. Think it's genetic - my parents were/are exactly the same. People are actually shocked when I go for meals with them, I get the usual 'how can you eat that much?!'.
I'm always hungry, NOM.
Reply 53
oh, without snacks, i would say 4-5 hours.
WITH snacks, however i would say 20-30 minutes. i actually eat more snacks than i do meals. snacks rule my life, i get a bit short-tempered when i dont have my sweet or biscuits lol
Reply 54
Well usually I snack like three times a day. I usually have some brunch and maybe something just before dinner. It varies but I try to keep my metabolism up slightly.
Reply 55
NaturalDisaster
Couple of hours maybe? I get hungry really quickly. I've got a friend who is permanently hungry, so she eats a lot, and she's thin as a rail.

Your friends sounds a lot like me lol
Reply 56
chemical_bex
I struggle to go half an hour. I'm not even joking
When i was in school I always had some candy laces or a packet of crisps for when in class. It's pretty much an addiction.
I got up at 1 today, had cereal, then I had some toast, then some biscuits, had some more cereal, came home had some bread and houmous, now I'm having spag bol with home-made garlic bread. I have to go to Tesco after this for some snacks for tonight
Jeeez, i cannot even imagine going 7 hours without food!
I probably have some sort of eating disorder tbh. :p:

This :o: I just like food... I think I should start only eating when I'm hungry and see how often that is!

Thank god I do so much exercise...
Every 2 mins to around 8 hours.
Reply 58
Quite a few to be honest, but i tend to boredom eat even if im not hungry - i need to stop doing that!
About 2 hours?
Maybe 3 if I'm REALLY preoccupied - as in reading some really good book, on a really long car journey with people or with friends on holiday. Actually, that's the only occasions I don't eat like all the time.
Bubbles, you're craaaazy :zomg:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending