Are you underweight severely?

Not yet.

ReputationRep:
    5 hours max
    I have a huge appetite
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've gone 60 hours without eating or drinking. Never did I contemplate eating a basket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I read something yday saying that when people go without food for around 7/8 hours they're ravenous, and would be willing to eat the bread basket along with the bread. That just strikes me as totally bizarre.

How long do you go without eating?

Today I've had a can of coke zero and about a quarter of a fruit scone and tbh that's a lot for me. I didn't even want the scone, but it was offered. I'm not hungry at all, I probably won't eat for another 2 hours. I also haven't eaten since around 7PM last night, and this is totally normal for me. I seldom eat before like 5PM. Sometimes I go to work, 11 hour shift, won't have eaten a thing all day and when I get home at like 11PM, I still won't be particularly hungry.

I'm just seldom ever hungry I guess. :dontknow: Is this really weird? I skip lunch and breakfast, not because of any dietary reasons, but simply because I'm not at all hungry. Right now, I have absolutely zero hunger, living off a quarter of a scone and a can of zero calorie cola.
    Sometimes my friends comment, like "aren't you eating?" or "I wish I could do that". But it's not willpower or anything stupid like that, I'm just not at all hungry.

WHATEVER. How long do you go without eating/between meals (without snacks)?
    Oh dear... OP is slowly but surely dying but doesn't know it yet. oh well...!

ReputationRep:
    I only eat twice a day: Breakfast and Lunch-Breakfast is cereal and grapefruit juice and lunch is a vegan or chicken or tuna salad with an apple and banana. Not for dietary reasons but simply because I have never eaten a third meal in my upbringing and just eating that sustains me.

I go jogging every evening for an hour and get an 'empty stomach' but its not a food craving feeling.

I do drink a lot of water/tea/coffee, however.

ReputationRep:
    Could just have a bowl o cereal and one meal at 7pm. Plus 2l of water. OP, drink more water.

ReputationRep:
    I eat small amounts frequently because it stops me wanting to snack on crap like crisps and chocolate. :yep:
    I'll have breakfast at about 9 or 10, lunch at 1, soup or an apple at about 5, then dinner somewhere between 8 and 9. So the most I really go is four hours, maybe 5.
    If I have to go more than 6 hours without food I feel like absolute ****; I get seriously hungry and I absolutely can't concentrate and get in a bad mood (apart from overnight obviously :p:).

ReputationRep:
    yesterday I got up, went into uni, played football at 6pm, then went to the union for a couple of hours. At about half 10 i went to the shop with my mate on the way back to his because he needed to pick up some stuff to make his dinner and i said i'd be fine with just some crisps, after which he said "you say that now but wait till i'm sitting down with a huge plate of dinner and you're wishing you had some"
    at that point it dawned on me that it was 10.30pm and i hadn't eaten that day, and in fact hadn't eaten since about 6pm the night before.
    i still only had a tube of pringles and some doritos.
    all i've had since is a few slices of bread today
    needless to say i'm not the healthiest person in the world

when push comes to shove though even my fat friends are disgusted by how much i eat

ReputationRep:
    Wow...a thread for anorexics and bulemics to discuss how little they eat... You all need help. Seriously. Because something must be physically wrong with you for your body not to respond to lack of food. NO ONE I repeat NO ONE can go without food for more than about 7 hours without being hungry. Unless you're in denial/mentally ill/ or seriously ill... You should be worried. GET HELP

ReputationRep:
    bout 4 hours at most.

ReputationRep:
    I have to eat every 2-3 hours or so at least, otherwise I can't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Normally about 4 hours between meals, but if I don't munch on something for longer than an hour or so I start feeling really sick and hungry! I have a really fast metabolism though - mums a dietitian and she's put me on a 5000 calorie a day diet when all my exercise is gym about 3 times a week!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, every 4 or 5 hours?

At the moment I usually have breakfast (cereal) at say 9am, lunch at 1-2pm and then dinner at 6pm... then sometimes another bowl of cereal at 8pm because I'm hungriest in the evenings :/

Damn I thought I'd cut back on my eating and this thread makes me feel like I'm binging lol

ReputationRep:
    Probably every 3-4 hours, when I was at work I used to eat breakfast at 7am, have a small snack about 11am, lunch at 12pm, then dinner at 5-5.30pm and then another snack in the evening about 8pm. I'm a 'little and often' type or a grazer, others in my family don't eat all day and then eat an enormous amount in the evening which I think isn't healthy! I can't go without breakfast and if I go too long without food I get hungry and irritable and I get a bit shaky! I ate more at work mainly through boredom but I'm hoping that once I'm at uni that won't be a problem Oh and I exercise and stuff as well and that makes me more hungry!

ReputationRep:
    Never go more than 2 or 3 hours, whilst awake, without eating.

My diet is far better than most and I get a fair amount of exercise and am thus, not a fatty.

Eating half a fruit, or whatever such BS, for breakfast is just absurd.

ReputationRep:
    It varies a lot really. Today I just had a cup of tea and no food, left the house at roughly 9am and got back at 17:30pm(not work). I just cooked myself a spag bol and ate it literally 5 mins ago, I wasn't really hungry all day, and only slightly hungry when I made it. I usually only have a very small breakfast if anything and then dinner, though If I'm at work I'll have lunch, I generally choose to have it about 2pm, usually something like a sandwich or microwave meal. However if I want to I can be ravenous and have a big breakfast, big lunch and big dinner. It's just if I only eat when I actually feel hungry enough in my personal opinion and not when it's offered/made for me, I won't eat that much.

ReputationRep:
    I go a long time without eating, but that's because I'm asleep.
    I'll have a snack at 12am or something, then stay awake sometimes until 6am, then go to sleep and not wake up until it's time for my evening meal
    So up to 18 hours sometimes.
    Yeah, my sleeping is messed up at the moment with no school or uni to go to.
    If I get up at lunchtime, I don't eat lunch but I might have some biscuits or something, and if I have to get up early (HATE), then I'll have something before I leave the house- a couple of breakfast biscuits or a bowl of museli.
    Although I don't even very often, when I do eat, I eat a lot...so it makes up for it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear bubbles. I couldn't survive 10 minutes on as little as you've eaten today :/

ReputationRep:
    Usually only at 9am, 12.30 and 5.

ReputationRep:
    I like to have a routine - roughly the same hours of sleep each night & three meals a day. I find if one routine is out of kilter, it affects the other - so if I don't get enough sleep, I don't feel hungry at all when I wake up, or if I miss a couple of meals, I can't sleep normally.

OP if you're feeling lethargic or unhappy you should try to train your body into a routine which gives you more energy, even if it means disciplining yourself into eating some form of breakfast each morning. If you feel energetic & happy at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if it caught up on you after a while - but if not, fret not, as your routine is quite common amongst people our age. :top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.