Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you go without eating? watch

ReputationRep:
    an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I read something yday saying that when people go without food for around 7/8 hours they're ravenous, and would be willing to eat the bread basket along with the bread. That just strikes me as totally bizarre.

How long do you go without eating?

Today I've had a can of coke zero and about a quarter of a fruit scone and tbh that's a lot for me. I didn't even want the scone, but it was offered. I'm not hungry at all, I probably won't eat for another 2 hours. I also haven't eaten since around 7PM last night, and this is totally normal for me. I seldom eat before like 5PM. Sometimes I go to work, 11 hour shift, won't have eaten a thing all day and when I get home at like 11PM, I still won't be particularly hungry.

I'm just seldom ever hungry I guess. :dontknow: Is this really weird? I skip lunch and breakfast, not because of any dietary reasons, but simply because I'm not at all hungry. Right now, I have absolutely zero hunger, living off a quarter of a scone and a can of zero calorie cola.
    Sometimes my friends comment, like "aren't you eating?" or "I wish I could do that". But it's not willpower or anything stupid like that, I'm just not at all hungry.

WHATEVER. How long do you go without eating/between meals (without snacks)?
    Please dont carry on like that bubbles, you need to eat what if you get diabetes :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I read something yday saying that when people go without food for around 7/8 hours they're ravenous, and would be willing to eat the bread basket along with the bread. That just strikes me as totally bizarre.

How long do you go without eating?

Today I've had a can of coke zero and about a quarter of a fruit scone and tbh that's a lot for me. I didn't even want the scone, but it was offered. I'm not hungry at all, I probably won't eat for another 2 hours. I also haven't eaten since around 7PM last night, and this is totally normal for me. I seldom eat before like 5PM. Sometimes I go to work, 11 hour shift, won't have eaten a thing all day and when I get home at like 11PM, I still won't be particularly hungry.

I'm just seldom ever hungry I guess. :dontknow: Is this really weird? I skip lunch and breakfast, not because of any dietary reasons, but simply because I'm not at all hungry. Right now, I have absolutely zero hunger, living off a quarter of a scone and a can of zero calorie cola.
    Sometimes my friends comment, like "aren't you eating?" or "I wish I could do that". But it's not willpower or anything stupid like that, I'm just not at all hungry.

WHATEVER. How long do you go without eating/between meals (without snacks)?
    I can go without food for hours on end. I never have time for breakfast and never eat when I'm out so I wait until I get home and then eat. Yesterday I ate my dinner (my only meal) at around 6pm and then I didn't eat anything until around 6pm today. That's my usual routine really on a weekday but I usually make up for it on the weekends though

I do get hungry but I’m not totally ravenous either.

A couple of years back I did a fast for 6 days where I only allowed myself water and I once did a diet coke diet where I only had diet coke for a week or something so I think that's the longest I've ever gone without food.

ReputationRep:
    During term I only have dinner, mainly because lunch is a waste of time that could be better spent working, otherwise its breakfast and dinner. When I get into any position of authority, I shall make it compulsory for people to work b/w 12 and 3 and have a portrait of Gordon Gekko on every desk with the quote "Lunch is for wimps".

ReputationRep:
    I usually eat like every 4-5 hours but today was too lazy to heat food up. Had toast at 10AM and then what my mum cooked at 8PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShayCamp)
    Your friends sounds a lot like me lol
    Well, you're both lucky sods then. Although she gets ill quite a lot because of some stomach thing so I don't envy her that much, it puts her in a lot of pain. My only problem is a severe case of laziness and chocolate addiction.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what the last thing I ate was, how hungry I am and whether I'm trying to lose weight or not. It can be anywhere from a few hours on a normal day to a few days if I'm dieting.

And I only really eat dinner, with a few small snacks during the day. Breakfast/lunch .. not really my thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    Well, you're both lucky sods then. Although she gets ill quite a lot because of some stomach thing so I don't envy her that much, it puts her in a lot of pain. My only problem is a severe case of laziness and chocolate addiction.
    loool i'm soooo lazy, and hooked on sweets. A lot of people tell me i should be obese. Literally, i eat that much. I get made fun of though, cos when my metabolism slows down in a couples of years, i'm gonna be in **** lol

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me feel like suchhh an overeater!!!
    I cant go more than 3 hours without something...breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and then in the evening its pretty much constant snacking till i go to bed at about 2am.....and yet my dr keeps on at me about not weighing enough!

ReputationRep:
    I normally eat after between 5-7hrs. Not always all that hungry though, I'm ravenous if it gets to about 10hrs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.