Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lost my wallet abroad watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I lost my wallet abroad yesterday and was wondering what action I should take to protect myself. I have already told my banks and ordered new cards. Is there anything else I should do? Cheers.

Have you told the local police abroad and the one here?

I lost my handbag containing passports, makeup bag and ferry tickets in France. oops.

ReputationRep:
    If you have travel it may cover you for the money lost otherwise the only thing to do is to also replace any I.D. that was in the wallet.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've not done that. I realized that I had lost it about an hour before I was due to leave for my flight home so didn't have a chance. Did you manage to get your passports back? Also, with regard to identity theft how much can people do with a name, date of birth, etc.?

(Original post by microfatcat)
    Have you told the local police abroad and the one here?

I lost my handbag containing passports, makeup bag and ferry tickets in France. oops.
    Illegal immigrants wet dream :sogood:

(Original post by arsenal_1989)
    No, I've not done that. I realized that I had lost it about an hour before I was due to leave for my flight home so didn't have a chance. Did you manage to get your passports back? Also, with regard to identity theft how much can people do with a name, date of birth, etc.?
    I probably won't reply unless you quote me by the way. I realised I lost my bag as I was checking in. I got everything back 24 hours later, which was lucky since I was hitch hiking. I'm not sure about identity theft, that may be something the police can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    I probably won't reply unless you quote me by the way. I realised I lost my bag as I was checking in. I got everything back 24 hours later, which was lucky since I was hitch hiking. I'm not sure about identity theft, that may be something the police can tell you.
    Cheers! I'll see what the cops say.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.