Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah most of the time, LOL. What a random topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    i find it stranger that you can't spell potatoes and sandwiches tbh.

Noted. :lol:

Apologies, it's been a very long day.

ReputationRep:
    OMG. I have never met anyone else who has to have their beans in a separate bowl! I just don't like the sauce making other things soggy

ReputationRep:
    noo if you put lemon on rice then it's really yummy on its own

ReputationRep:
    I do this too! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    It's because beans are difficult, I usually eat them first and they tend to touch the other foods and thus makes them soggy. :o:
    lol?!!!! so i'm guessing you don't eat beans on toast?! I love beans on chips for the reason you hate beans - it makes them nice and floppy lol. how do you eat general things like scones with clotted cream & jam, eggs benedict etc?!

ReputationRep:
    Of course! Food that is often mixed tastes sooo scrumptious. Like having a roast dinner, you eat the roast chicken with the roast potatoes and vegetables and gravy. I chop off small bits on each and put them on my fork in a tower shape and then I gobble them. But just eat it the way you want to enjoy it the most. Sometimes I just eat it in components because it just seems more logical.

Ever eaten laksa? It's spicy noodles (basically curry noodles) and what you do is spiral your fork like spaghetti and then fork on some chicken/fish and some of the veg they put in with the sauce. :eating:

ReputationRep:
    I used to eat things quite separately, but stopped that in first year of uni, and I certainly don't do it now that I'm learning to cook and part of that is learning what flavours work well together.

ReputationRep:
    I know people that do this, and sometimes I do this with a fry up breakfast, but otherwise, food should compliment each other and therefore taste nice(r) mixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sduong)
    lol?!!!! so i'm guessing you don't eat beans on toast?! I love beans on chips for the reason you hate beans - it makes them nice and floppy lol. how do you eat general things like scones with clotted cream & jam, eggs benedict etc?!

I haven't eaten beans on toast in ages,
    I think I was ok with that though.

I can eat scones but I take them apart and have the cream etc then eat the pastry, same with pasties I take the filling out then eat the pastry.

However the more people start talking about mixing food in this thread the more scared I feel about mixing it.

ReputationRep:
    Certain mixtures make me shudder. Gravy & baked beans? WHATWHATWHAT

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.