Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Failed PwC tests....i think :S watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i applied for PwC assurance london internship and got invited to take the online tests. There was a numeracy test, logical reasoning test, personality questionnaire and student talent questionnaire. I did them earlier today and got an automated message about 30 mins later saying:

"Thank you for taking the time to complete our online reasoning tests.

After careful consideration, we have reluctantly decided not to proceed with your application."

So it doesn't actually say i failed them, but it must be the case if they replied just 30 mins later, right? The reason why im posting is because i thought the tests went ok. The numeracy one has seemingly changed as i was only given 12 questions and 16 mins to do them in. I'm sure i got at least 9 or 10 right. The logical one there were 18 questions in 18 mins and im sure i got at least 14 or 15 right. Is it possible that i still failed with these marks? The personality questionnaire has 'no right or wrong answers' so the other possibility is that i failed the student talent one which im not sure how well that went (any practice ones of these i found on the net said u get results in up to 4 weeks)

The practice ones i did beforehand for numerical and logical were fine. On the shl one i got 31/37 right which is like 84%.
    The logical one had 15 questions and said on the feedback report:
    number of questions answered corrrectly: 13
    proportion of questions answered correctly: 33%

The proportion is obviously wrong so im thinking there might be a chance PwC screwed up their marking too? So i really wanna know what my marks are, and if i definitely failed them or which section(s) i failed. They said they dont give individual feedback, but if i called the recruitment helpdesk freephone number, will they be able to help me and give me my test marks?

Im really really upset about this so i'd really appreciate any help from anyone here.

Thanks in advance. (Sorry this post is a bit long)

ReputationRep:
    If you think they screwed up then i would try to contact them by email or phone straight away!

ReputationRep:
    was the feedback report from the SHL tests or the PwC ones? Maybe ring to ask for the results as you thought they went ok. It might prompt them to take a look at them, at which point they'll notice they're wrong (if they are).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spearman123)
    Hi, i applied for PwC assurance london internship and got invited to take the online tests. There was a numeracy test, logical reasoning test, personality questionnaire and student talent questionnaire. I did them earlier today and got an automated message about 30 mins later saying:

After careful consideration, we have reluctantly decided not to proceed with your application."

So it doesn't actually say i failed them, but it must be the case if they replied just 30 mins later, right? The reason why im posting is because i thought the tests went ok. The numeracy one has seemingly changed as i was only given 12 questions and 16 mins to do them in. I'm sure i got at least 9 or 10 right. The logical one there were 18 questions in 18 mins and im sure i got at least 14 or 15 right. Is it possible that i still failed with these marks? The personality questionnaire has 'no right or wrong answers' so the other possibility is that i failed the student talent one which im not sure how well that went (any practice ones of these i found on the net said u get results in up to 4 weeks)

The practice ones i did beforehand for numerical and logical were fine. On the shl one i got 31/37 right which is like 84%.

The proportion is obviously wrong so im thinking there might be a chance PwC screwed up their marking too? So i really wanna know what my marks are, and if i definitely failed them or which section(s) i failed. They said they dont give individual feedback, but if i called the recruitment helpdesk freephone number, will they be able to help me and give me my test marks?

Im really really upset about this so i'd really appreciate any help from anyone here.

You can try and ring PwC if you really think they screwed up, but remember there are thousands of people applying for a few positions so your energy might be better spent applying to internships with other firms, if you have your heart set on PwC then you can still apply at grad level, in a year or two years time.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I think that is just a nicer way of saying you've failed. However there is no harm in ringing them up and checking.

ReputationRep:

Same think happened to me today!! I got to the AC last year for an internship in managment consulting and aced the paper tests.. So strange. Same thing happened to my housemate as well. Must be some sort of error surely!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spshah1989)
    Same think happened to me today!! I got to the AC last year for an internship in managment consulting and aced the paper tests.. So strange. Same thing happened to my housemate as well. Must be some sort of error surely!!!
    Well that makes me feel better
    I tried calling them on that freephone number they give. I gave them my details and they looked up my test mark and said it hasn't been incorrectly marked, it was just unsuccessful this time. However they refused to tell me my mark or which section I failed or whether i was close to passing or anything. Have u called them yet? Obviously i can't call them again now, but if u tell them that this seems to have happened to 3 people now, maybe they can look into their marking system?

ReputationRep:
    I passed the PWC tests last year and failed them this week too. They did seem a lot harder than I had expected.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, do you think it could be possible that the rejections are due to the personality tests?
    I went with my gut feelings when doing the tests, and later when I recalled on my answers I felt really stupid as I think they're not what PwC is looking for lol...But I did pass the test!
    I did find the logical reasoning quite challenging though...
    What did you guys apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I got the same email from them, logical reasoning tests and the kind of maths test questions they ask have always been my strength and I've passed the tests for other firms including banks in the past...

I thought maybe i failed the personality test but who knows...

ReputationRep:
    It irritates me that they say "After careful consideration". There was nothing "careful" about it; there was no "consideration"; they got a computer to mark the tests and send the email. I say this because I also got rejected, and in exactly the same way, but it was a Sunday evening. I don't mind being rejected that much, but the fact that the really long form completed, and with "care", was never even read by anyone, is pretty annoying. I wish they made you do the tests before filling in the form.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.