Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I never thought this would be me as I'm so outgoing....but I'm soo nervous about going to uni tomorrow! It's mainly about meeting new people (who may not like me, which is making me nervous) and also....again I never thought this would be me but as it's getting closer to the time I realize I am really going to miss my family, my pet, and my friends (which is making me upset). A LOT! I'm 6 hours away from home, so I feel quite down that if I fancied it for one or two weekends a term, I couldn't just pop back.

I've always been very independent and never missed family on holidays etc....but now I just feel very down. I feel like I'm never going to see my fam again, I feel I'm letting my dog down as she's "my" pet, very close to me and won't understand why I'm not there....AHHH.

Does anyone else feel like this, or is it just me being silly? I'm hoping when I get there I'll love it and forget about all of this...but I can't help feeling at the moment that I'm going to end up holed in my uni room and there's not light at the end of the tunnel!!!

ahhh...maybe i need valium? hehe

ReputationRep:
    Don't go then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Don't go then.
    very helpful thanks

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is scared, when you get there, go meet your floormates, then quickly get alcohol and everything becomes much simpler very quickly. You'll hear the 'same boat' analogy loads.
    It sucks about your dog but thats life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by licensedX)
    very helpful thanks
    What do you want me to say? Obviously other people out there are feeling the same.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want me to say? Obviously other people out there are feeling the same.
    I wanted constructive advice from people going to university. Therefore I don't want you to say anything.

ReputationRep:
    pre-nerves sounds pretty normal. You're going back at Christmas, easter in the summer surely so just try and be more independent.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, everyone will be in the same boat and everyone will want to make friends. Many of my friends have already gone to uni and they've all settled in really well and made friends and such.

I know it's far away but I'm guessing you can get a train back if you really need to?

Plus there's always email, you can talk on the phone all the time, and there's people at uni on hand to help if you're really unsettled

Relax, have fun, good luck I'm sure you'll be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    Sensitivity. Use it.

Some people just need some kind words from time to time. Go beat up a troll if you must be nasty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I feel exactly the same!! So scared right now But just think, 2 weeks will go SO fast, and by that time you'll probably have finished freshers and started your course, and will be wondering what you were worrying about.

If you're outgoing, you should be fine I think everyone makes friends at uni (even if you're shy) so don't worry lets hope for both of us it goes okay!

ReputationRep:
    grin and bare. It's going to be fun!

ReputationRep:
    I am sooo shy and i've never been clubbing or lived away from my family. I aint got a clue who my housemates are going to be either! I move in tomorrow and I aint even packed!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, I was pretty similar and now I've been here two weeks. It's gone so fast - and I've not missed my friends/family as much as I thought I would. And don't worry about meeting people, it just happens, even if you're not outgoing (which you've already said you are).

Just relax and enjoy the ride! Nerves are normal.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.