Turn on thread page Beta

The misconcepton with muslim terrorists!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to know what gets me mad?????? People who generalise. Yes the london bombings and 9/11 bombings did get commited by muslims, but why does that give anyone in their right minds with the right to generalise across an whole religion, or race. I was just talking to my friend, and she came up with a very true point, when people think terrorists, they think muslim. Well listen my student room friends, there are terrorists across all religions and races. By the way, before people start saying religon causes distruction, because NO, terrorism does not only happen because of religion. Racism also gets me mad in general. I know somebody who is racist, and do you know why?because they had one bad exprience with a muslim and because of that, they generalise across the whole race, and now is racist to every muslim. We all have the same kind of brain, and other organs, so all that different is a colour of skin and religion. God people are shallow.

BTW im not muslim.

and mind spelling mistakes. JUST MAD

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason that people assume 'muslim' when they hear 'terrorist' is because, up until recently, that was the only real terrorism threat in this country. As the problems in Ireland grow (which it seems they will) people will again have the IRA on their terrorist mindmap

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, only idiots actually think all muslims are terrorists.
    When I think terrorist, my first thought is Timothy McVeigh anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Good post!

Anyone who is that ignorant and thinks that all 2 billion muslims in the world are terrorists are not worth my time.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen Christopher Morris' lastest masterpiece; "Four Lions"...?

ReputationRep:
    But muslims support Sharia law which supports the stoning of people to death?

Islam is a very backward religion in many ways tbh, its not racist to say that - although someone will tell me it is - but I have no time for any religion which supports Sharia law.

ReputationRep:
    Most terrorists (at least, in the modern day western world) are Muslim.

That doesn't mean that most Muslims are Terrorists.

Just like most rapists are men, but most men are not rapists.

ReputationRep:
    dont lecture idiots, you wont get anywhere. this thread is completely pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    But muslims support Sharia law which supports the stoning of people to death?
    But Americans support capital punishment which supports the injecting of people to death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    But Americans support capital punishment which supports the injecting of people to death?
    Also death by firing squad: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ing-squad.html and electric chair obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)

Agreed that is despicable but there is a big difference between state sanctioned execution for murder and state sanctioned execution for a personal sexual choice.

Why have you suddenly become an apologist for the most extreme far right ideologies? I seem to remeber you being quite a sensible and objective moderate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Good post!

Anyone who is that ignorant and thinks that all 2 billion muslims in the world are terrorists are not worth my time.
    :yup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Do you want to know what gets me mad?????? People who generalise. Yes the london bombings and 9/11 bombings did get commited by muslims, but why does that give anyone in their right minds with the right to generalise across an whole religion, or race. I was just talking to my friend, and she came up with a very true point, when people think terrorists, they think muslim. Well listen my student room friends, there are terrorists across all religions and races. By the way, before people start saying religon causes distruction, because NO, terrorism does not only happen because of religion. Racism also gets me mad in general. I know somebody who is racist, and do you know why?because they had one bad exprience with a muslim and because of that, they generalise across the whole race, and now is racist to every muslim. We all have the same kind of brain, and other organs, so all that different is a colour of skin and religion. God people are shallow.

BTW im not muslim.

and mind spelling mistakes. JUST MAD
    Whilst you are partly right, statistics prove that the majority of past, present and future threats by terrorism are from muslims. THATS FACT!

ReputationRep:
    Thank god you made this post, this should change the opinion of every single person in the world who believe that this is the case.

Not really, your post is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Lol all I can think of is Peter Griffin

'You know what really grinds my gears?!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlDY0BaDbcU

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of like how the Russians were/still are generalised to be evil in quite a lot of films and games, it's sort of annoying, get used to it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    Most terrorists (at least, in the modern day western world) are Muslim.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Whilst you are partly right, statistics prove that the majority of past, present and future threats by terrorism are from muslims. THATS FACT!
    Threats are POTENTIAL, and statistics are unreliable.
    I'd take a guess that, in fact, most threats of terrorism are from minors, particularly white children in state schools, but they're usually not taken seriously. Stats could be made up by the deliberate picking on a particular social group, and in the case of POTENTIAL, probably are.

Don't take social statistics as fact, ever. They're compiled by humans, from a sample of POSSIBLE representative individuals. They're flawed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    What statisitics? The ones hiding up your ass?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the title is a bit misleading, it should be the misconception with muslims, but i agree with the point you are making but i dont give a stuff about what religion anyone is, i have loads of muslim friends and its never crossed my mind that they are running around plotting to kill people. There is less people than you think who generalise like that

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.