Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mike)
    Source?
    That's false obviously. In Europe alone Islamic terrorism makes up only 0.4% of all terrorist acts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Houdizzle)
    Agreed that is despicable but there is a big difference between state sanctioned execution for murder and state sanctioned execution for a personal sexual choice.

Why have you suddenly become an apologist for the most extreme far right ideologies? I seem to remeber you being quite a sensible and objective moderate.
    Probably because the post he quoted was utterly stupid and as usual applied a different set of standards and expectations to Muslims and others, which you just glanced over probably without a second thought:

But muslims support Sharia law which supports the stoning of people to death?
    (Houdizzle I'm speaking to you). Yet you hardly speak out on other executions. And you entirely ignore the fact that so many Holy Books sanction such punishments. And moreover, how many Islamic countries carry out such punishments? The ones which do, compare their populations with the ones which don't.

And so automatically, a Muslim supports what you understand to be Sharia law of course, but not a word is said against Christians who should be following and supporting Biblical principles, which say the exact same thing. Or Jews, whose Torah and Talmud are far more explicit. I know you'll come back by saying how it is only some Muslims today calling for such punishments in the UK (Islam4UK etc.) but for you to swathe your ham-fisted criticism over all Muslims, specifically those who wish Sharia civil courts to continue to function as they are already in action, is rather unfair and reflects a mindset which ignorantly or otherwise does not choose to distinguish the desires of your every-day British Muslim to an Islamic wedding certificate from the calls of some nutters to establish the Islamic State of London. :rolleyes:

It is that which is morally reprehensive given the context of your arguments. Not the content of your beliefs themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    But Americans support capital punishment which supports the injecting of people to death?
    One is quiet, peaceful, and fairly painless, the other is a medieval spectacle involving a whole village/town.

Plus there are only very few charges which carry the death penalty, and even then not all states use it. There are a handful (less than 5) executions per year in the US. Compare that to middle east countries.

Islam isnt a race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelsaurus)
    It's kind of like how the Russians were/still are generalised to be evil in quite a lot of films and games, it's sort of annoying, get used to it though.
    Yeah but its quite annoying when you're on the opposite end of it. Muslims shouldnt have to get used to it. But people seem to stuck in their ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burymeinanalog)
    Threats are POTENTIAL, and statistics are unreliable.
    I'd take a guess that, in fact, most threats of terrorism are from minors, particularly white children in state schools, but they're usually not taken seriously. Stats could be made up by the deliberate picking on a particular social group, and in the case of POTENTIAL, probably are.

Don't take social statistics as fact, ever. They're compiled by humans, from a sample of POSSIBLE representative individuals. They're flawed.
    It's also wrong because it's only since 7/7/2005 that there's been a threat of Muslim terrorism (so it's only existed for around 5 years). Before then it was the IRA for a few decades (and still today) and before then it was an array of different groups (mainly in Europe), Guy Fawkes and his crew famously aimed to blow up Parliament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Yeah but its quite annoying when you're on the opposite end of it. Muslims shouldnt have to get used to it. But people seem to stuck in their ways.
    well, what power do we have to change anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burymeinanalog)
    Threats are POTENTIAL, and statistics are unreliable.
    I'd take a guess that, in fact, most threats of terrorism are from minors, particularly white children in state schools, but they're usually not taken seriously. Stats could be made up by the deliberate picking on a particular social group, and in the case of POTENTIAL, probably are.

Don't take social statistics as fact, ever. They're compiled by humans, from a sample of POSSIBLE representative individuals. They're flawed.
    I was referring to past events that have happened and present/future threats.

I don't agree, I think you've been watching a few too many films on propoaganda, I don't need condescending by an 18 year old. Thanks though.

Who causes all the bombing currently in Yemen and Pakistan? Please. These are radical muslims, get a grip people.

ReputationRep:
    well, what power do we have to change anything?
    Educate people? Spread awarness? People seem so brainwashed by the media, maybe a few of them if they knew the truth wouldnt be so ignorant to Islam and Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mike)
    What statisitics? The ones hiding up your ass?
    Whoa. Calm down. Get a grip of yourself, looks like you've already had 3 warnings, what are you muslim mike or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Probably because the post he quoted was utterly stupid and as usual applied a different set of standards and expectations to Muslims and others, which you just glanced over probably without a second thought:
    No i was explicitly responding to the comaprison of execution in the USA and execution in so called Islamic republics.

(Houdizzle I'm speaking to you). Yet you hardly speak out on other executions. And you entirely ignore the fact that so many Holy Books sanction such punishments.

Actually false on both accounts I am a vehement critic of both capital punishment and religion. Which sort of renders the rest of your point useless.

ReputationRep:
    Educate people? Spread awarness? People seem so brainwashed by the media, maybe a few of them if they knew the truth wouldnt be so ignorant to Islam and Muslims.
    let me know how that works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    i think itll get to a piont hwere in a dictionary 'terrorist' will be defined as an 'islamic act' ... its ridiculas :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Racism also gets me mad in general. I know somebody who is racist, and do you know why?because they had one bad exprience with a muslim and because of that, they generalise across the whole race, and now is racist to every muslim.
    Islam is not a race, stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Also death by firing squad: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ing-squad.html and electric chair obviously.
    "Gardner, 49, chose to die by firing squad - an option open to him because he was convicted before Utah adopted lethal injection in 2004. "

They don't support it. They did support it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    and now is racist to every muslim
    Religion isn't a race, ergo it isn't racism.

ReputationRep:
    let me know how that works out for you.
    Will do, better than being a retarded bystander .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Whoa. Calm down. Get a grip of yourself, looks like you've already had 3 warnings, what are you muslim mike or something?
    And with that stupidity you show your prejudice and the reason for your intentionally false claims earlier.

:facepalm2: at religion being a race.

ReputationRep:
    Will do, better than being a retarded bystander .
    yeah I'm a 'retarded bystander' because I'm tired of trying to do what you were just saying you want to do, I gave up, problem?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.