Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    1 - You're just being really nasty and difficult. If you weren't, you wouldn't dispute what I said, because what I said is not controversial. Islam is a third world religion in so far as it's based in the third world. Third world countries have very high birth rates. This is why Islam is growing at the rate at which it is growing.
    You claim that other people need to present you with evidence before contradicting your points but believe yourself to be immune from such a rule No I am not being really nasty you are just being ignorant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    Again, Islam is not a race.
    Where in this post did i say it was. READ it again!!! and then prey a bit afterwards hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    1 - You're just being really nasty and difficult. If you weren't, you wouldn't dispute what I said, because what I said is not controversial. Islam is a third world religion in so far as it's based in the third world. Third world countries have very high birth rates. This is why Islam is growing at the rate at which it is growing.

2 - HumanNature1992 who brought up the issue of conversion. So, the burden of proof is on his shoulder. He has to show that conversion plays a significant role in the growth of the Muslim population.
    But then you also made the claim that a high number of births is the sole reason for the growth of Islam. When YOU make a claim like that you need to disprove that conversion isnt a part of it. I've showed you evidence as has somebody else above ^. So you should either provide equal evidence or retract your claim.

Also not all Muslims countries are "3rd world" alot of them are thriving, think alot of the middle east and North Africa. Also Malaysia. So your claim isn't sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    The fact that its the fastest growing religion in the WEST proves such a massive point.
    That is because (a) immigration and (b) birth rate. It really doesn't have much to do with conversion.

But white and other races of British/Americans changing their lifestyle and converting is a massive statement.
    Where is the evidence that there is a mass conversion to Islam in the Western world?

Alot of the population growth is due to birthrates but how can you say its not at all down to rates of conversion?
    What role does conversion have in the growth in the Muslim population? I would like to see some actual evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    Again, Islam is not a race.
    erm were did i say it was. READ IT AGAIN! then prey a little haha :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why are threads with multiple exclamation marks in the title always so odd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    That is because (a) immigration and (b) birth rate. It really doesn't have much to do with conversion.

Where is the evidence that there is a mass conversion to Islam in the Western world?

What role does conversion have in the growth in the Muslim population? I would like to see some actual evidence.
    Did you not read the link/watch the videos that depicted that ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION IN THE WEST?

And wth lol?! Obviously conversion has a role in the growth of the Muslim population. The more people converting, the higher the amount of Muslims in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Did you not read the link/watch the videos that depicted that ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION IN THE WEST?

And wth lol?! Obviously conversion has a role in the growth of the Muslim population. The more people converting, the higher the amount of Muslims in the world.
    Nah, I think he wanted you to provide some stats on how many are converting, what reigions... that kinda thing. Just to be sure that folks are converting, rather than it being down to immigration and birth rates.

ReputationRep:
    But then you also made the claim that a high number of births is the sole reason for the growth of Islam. When YOU make a claim like that you need to disprove that conversion isnt a part of it. I've showed you evidence as has somebody else above ^. So you should either provide equal evidence or retract your claim.
    No, you are the one who made the claim, so the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

Also not all Muslims countries are "3rd world" alot of them are thriving
    I didn't say that all Muslim-majority countries are third world.

think alot of the middle east and North Africa. Also Malaysia. So your claim isn't sufficient.
    The fertility rate in wealthy Muslim-majority Malaysia is 2.92 children born/woman and 2.7 children born/woman in the United Arab Emirates. In Japan, however, it is 1.2 children born/woman and in Germany it's 1.4 children born/woman.

That just once again shows my point. It is the birth rate!

ReputationRep:

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West because of (a) immigration and (b) birth rates.

If you believe that conversions also play an important role in the growth of Islam in the West then bring forward some evidence that proves your point.

ReputationRep:
    I know 2 girls, 1 Jewish and 1Muslim..they're like BFFLs LOLZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    No, you are the one who made the claim, so the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

The fertility rate in wealthy Muslim-majority Malaysia is 2.92 children born/woman and 2.7 children born/woman. In Japan, however, it is 1.2 children born/woman and in Germany it's 1.4 children born/woman.

I'm not DISAGREEING in that its not in the birth rate. I never disagreed with that. I'm also saying that it is due to conversion also!

You made an equal claim about how its got nothing to do with conversion. Where is your evidence on this? I provided you with evidence. Its all there, read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)

Over 20,000 Americans convert to Islam every year which is substantial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)

The fertility rate in wealthy Muslim-majority Malaysia is 2.92 children born/woman and 2.7 children born/woman. In Japan, however, it is 1.2 children born/woman and in Germany it's 1.4 children born/woman.

But it doesn't, because the fertility rate would be fairly consistent. You'd need to point out that there has been a growing birth rate amongst Muslim-majority countries over time, rather than against other countries, otherwise there is no growth in Muslims across the world, because the birth/death-rates will be consistent, and so there would always be a consistent number of Muslims in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West because of (a) immigration and (b) birth rates.

If you believe that conversions also play an important role in the growth of Islam in the West then bring forward some evidence that proves your point.
    http://www.islamfortoday.com/america01.htm

Read it closely. Also the other links.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burymeinanalog)
    Nah, I think he wanted you to provide some stats on how many are converting, what reigions... that kinda thing. Just to be sure that folks are converting, rather than it being down to immigration and birth rates.
    I thought I did that, the links that I posted all had ^^ that information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Over 20,000 Americans convert to Islam every year which is substantial.
    Firstly, do you have a reliable source for that figure?

Secondly, that figure in isolation is quite meaningless. Perhaps it's true that 20,000 Americans convert to Islam every year, but perhaps the same amount, if not more, leave Islam every year. In which case, conversion does not play a role in the growth of Islam in America.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did that, the links that I posted all had ^^ that information
    Nah, I see, I was just trying to clear up what I thought he wanted, otherwise it would be a page of dandering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Whilst you are partly right, statistics prove that the majority of past, present and future threats by terrorism are from muslims. THATS FACT!
    No it's not over 90% of deaths caused by terrorist incidents are from non-Muslim terrorists. If I can just find the website, I'll show you the link.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.islamfortoday.com/america01.htm

Read it closely. Also the other links.
    That article actually doesn't contain any sources. It's not reliable. What is more, it lacks context.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.