Turn on thread page Beta

The misconcepton with muslim terrorists!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Do you want to know what gets me mad?????? People who generalise. Yes the london bombings and 9/11 bombings did get commited by muslims, but why does that give anyone in their right minds with the right to generalise across an whole religion, or race. I was just talking to my friend, and she came up with a very true point, when people think terrorists, they think muslim. Well listen my student room friends, there are terrorists across all religions and races. By the way, before people start saying religon causes distruction, because NO, terrorism does not only happen because of religion. Racism also gets me mad in general. I know somebody who is racist, and do you know why?because they had one bad exprience with a muslim and because of that, they generalise across the whole race, and now is racist to every muslim. We all have the same kind of brain, and other organs, so all that different is a colour of skin and religion. God people are shallow.

BTW im not muslim.

and mind spelling mistakes. JUST MAD
    Look Brother, I cannot agree more. But you have to blame the media for that aswell. The way they can turn things around by targeting very small population or people. There are good and bad people everywhere and you cant help it. The terrorists who call themselves muslims are not muslims. They do everything against Islam. Islam is a religion of peace and it is mentioned in the Holy Quran that killing a person is as you killed entire humanity. The terrorists have misinterpreted teachings. In reality they are not following any relegion. As far as Racism is concerned, it is mentioned in the Holy Quran that all human kind are equal regardless of their colour or how how rich they are. That is why during the Annual pilgrimage , Hajj, everyone wear 2 white peices of cloth in which no one can distinguish the person next to him is a king or slave. Equality.

It is a widespread disease that the first thing that comes to mind from terrorists are muslims. It cant be stopped. My Allah lead people on the right path. ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    You're clearly an imbecile and can't comprehend a simple case by case argument. You ask for specific incidents, I give you specific incidents, you then disregard them saying they were minimal and isolated?!? LOL. What planet are you living on, you are clearly an immature uneducated and ill informed 18 year old. How on earth were either incidents isolated? You are so out of your depth it's beyond belief. You don't know what you're talking about nor can provide any depth or reasoning behind whatever you're trying to put across. You can't understand the simplest of language and then have the audacity to call me inept because you start sentences with AND. Your grammar is shocking, get over it. Now **** off - I won't reply to your inept argument any longer.
    You're so angry
    At what point did I ask for specific incidents? You clearly didn't get any of what I was saying, because I never replied to anything other than the 'threats' bit, which I explained can't always be a valid reason for an argument because that kind of soft statistics can be heavily flawed.
    I'm not out of my depth because I haven't argued with you on any other point, the only reason I even replied to you was because you were talking about some ridiculous 'what if' stats, which had no place in this argument whatsoever.

"How were they isolated?": Oy vey. I explained this twice already. They were two extraordinary incidents, they are uncommon, and therefore isolated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelsaurus)
    It's kind of like how the Russians were/still are generalised to be evil in quite a lot of films and games, it's sort of annoying, get used to it though.
    When Russians are generalized they are protrayed as evil badasses, when it's Muslims it's just evil. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Stuend room users! You cannot judge a religion by its followers, go to the scripture/'s and its teachings.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlock.H)
    the following completely destroys your flawed perception of 9/11.
    No, it doesn't lol. That article is blatantly inaccurate.

What about the Fort Hood shootings that resulted in the death of 13 people?

Also, what about the numerous foiled plots by Islamic terrorists? For instance: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...pAYfahVx03zskI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_s9)
    [SIZE=4]The terrorists who call themselves muslims are not muslims.
    That's your opinion.

Islam is a religion of peace
    That is your opinion. I don't think there's anything particularly peaceful about a xenophobic and homophobic religion.

[it is mentioned in the Holy Quran that killing a person is as you killed entire humanity.
    Yet executing people who have sex outside of marriage and those who leave Islam is permitted, yes?

Equality.
    Islam is a religon that pemrits slavery. Not much equality there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)

Also, what about the numerous foiled plots by Islamic terrorists? For instance: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...pAYfahVx03zskI
    Fort Hood was an apparently Muslim guy who went on a gun wielding killing rampage, something which occurs on a regular basis in America. It doesn't mean it's a terrorist attack otherwise Virginia Tech, Columbine etc. are all terrorist acts.

ReputationRep:
    the government should do more to combat islamophobia, rather than secularism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Fort Hood was an apparently Muslim guy who went on a gun wielding killing rampage, something which occurs on a regular basis in America. It doesn't mean it's a terrorist attack otherwise Virginia Tech, Columbine etc. are all terrorist acts.
    You're forgetting motive. That's what makes the Ford Hood massacre more like 9/11 than Virginia Tech and et cetera.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. But he was Muslim. Terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    You're forgetting motive.
    Which was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)

Holistically irrelevant.
    The RAND corp has written a brilliant thorough and objective report on this, please correct you misconceptions by actually reading it. :rolleyes:

http://www.rand.org/pubs/occasional_...RAND_OP292.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    You're forgetting motive. That's what makes the Ford Hood massacre more like 9/11 than Virginia Tech and et cetera.
    ... I done a lot of research into Columbine and I'm pretty sure no motive was ever definitively found. So, how do you know...?

I'll skip the reply. You're assuming.
    Not a good way to argue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    Are you incapable of defending your views in your own words? Why do you keep throwing around articles? Is it a tactic to tire others?

Make an effort or piss off.
    LOL WAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
    You're constantly asking for references and evidence, and if it's provided, you *****.

ReputationRep:
    Which was?
    "Internal Army reports indicate officers within the Army were aware of Hasan's tendencies toward radical Islam since 2005. Additionally, investigations before and after the shooting discovered e-mail communications between Hasan and Anwar al-Awlaki, who quickly declared Hasan a hero, as "fighting against the U.S. army is an Islamic duty". The man screamed 'Allahu Akbar' when shooting - that says it all, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burymeinanalog)
    LOL WAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
    You're constantly asking for references and evidence, and if it's provided, you *****.
    You haven't provided me with anything but lies and insults.

You claimed, for instance, that 'most Muslim-majority countries are excempt from the Diversity Programme' and that turned out to be a lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    Most terrorists (at least, in the modern day western world) are Muslim.

That doesn't mean that most Muslims are Terrorists.

Just like most rapists are men, but most men are not rapists.

No actually there not.....the Modern Worlds most Lethal terror group are the Tamil Tigers who had their own air force they were Hindu

ETA are catholic
    as are the IRA

The people behind the Oklahoma bombing in America were protestant
    The IDF is Jewish
    and the Bush Administration was Christians Protestant

so don't say such a stupid thing like most Terrorist are Muslims when clearly they are not. Every time America bombs a muslim wedding or village more terrorist are created...go on a killing spree in a 3rd world Christian country and youll get Christians terrorist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    "Internal Army reports indicate officers within the Army were aware of Hasan's tendencies toward radical Islam since 2005. Additionally, investigations before and after the shooting discovered e-mail communications between Hasan and Anwar al-Awlaki, who quickly declared Hasan a hero, as "fighting against the U.S. army is an Islamic duty". The man screamed 'Allahu Akbar' when shooting - that says it all, really.
    Timothy McVeigh's motive was anti-State.
    And he killed more than 14 people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    That's your opinion.

That is your opinion. I don't think there's anything particularly peaceful about a xenophobic and homophobic religion.

Yet executing people who have sex outside of marriage and those who leave Islam is permitted, yes?

Islam is a religon that pemrits slavery. Not much equality there.
    How do u judge a religion?
    Where does it say exucute such people?
    You say islam permits slavery, where does it say that?
    Have you actually read the Teachings of islam?? if no, then you havent got a clue what Islam is all about.
    I would recommend you read some books.
    Peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trell)
    You haven't provided me with anything but lies and insults.

You claimed, for instance, that 'most Muslim-majority countries are excempt from the Diversity Programme' and that turned out to be a lie.
    Lol, that was not a lie, it was a mistake, which I apologised for.
    And on no occassion did I insult you.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.