Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OK, sorry if this is a bit long winded...

Right, me and my girlfriend have been together for 2 years and we were supposed to go to the same uni, but after results i didn't get what i needed and i'm now going somewhere else. We were in a very serious relationship and we both said to each other we would stay together and see eachother regularly. I went to uni last week, she doesn't go until october, and in the week i haven't been with i haven't really missed her as much as i thought i would. She came to see me yesterday and her company didn't feel the same as usual. She even said to me that i'd changed and at points we even argued a bit. We never used to argue. I think i actually enjoy being away from her, but its really odd that i do because before i left we were very very close. I'm confused about my feelings at the moment and i don't really know what to do.
    Do i carry on with the relationship? Do I end it? Do i hope she ends it?
    Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OK, sorry if this is a bit long winded...

Right, me and my girlfriend have been together for 2 years and we were supposed to go to the same uni, but after results i didn't get what i needed and i'm now going somewhere else. We were in a very serious relationship and we both said to each other we would stay together and see eachother regularly. I went to uni last week, she doesn't go until october, and in the week i haven't been with i haven't really missed her as much as i thought i would. She came to see me yesterday and her company didn't feel the same as usual. She even said to me that i'd changed and at points we even argued a bit. We never used to argue. I think i actually enjoy being away from her, but its really odd that i do because before i left we were very very close. I'm confused about my feelings at the moment and i don't really know what to do.
    Do i carry on with the relationship? Do I end it? Do i hope she ends it?
    Help!
    It may just be the stress of you moving and to a new place where you will and are meeting new people, and the same for her when she goes. She may also have changed herself because of being apart. I say stick with it and see if things get better. If not and then distance with studying is too far then maybe ending it is a better solution until things are more settled and you both have some sort of routine. Always think positively and give 100%. Then if things don't work out at least you gave it your everything and it just simply wasn't the right time or meant to be. Relationships are heavy affected by uni so your not the only ones going through this right now.

ReputationRep:
    you're confused. so dont act right away.
    are you sure you're not attracted to your girlfriend the same as before?
    obviously we aren't always gonna feel loved up, but it doesnt mean you guys dont still like each other. often, when couples begin comfortable with one another, the honeymoon period is over. it doesnt mean the relationship is over!

think about what you both want Now and what'll be best. you could try being apart for a while if youre really unsure and see how you feel after that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.