Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone want to lose weight? I'd like a "diet buddy". watch

ReputationRep:
    I've put on quite a bit of weight over the past couple of years, and I really need to stop now, and start being healthy and getting back to the weight I'm happy with. Are there any other girls here, who have quite a bit to lose, and would like someone to support them/provide a bit of healthy competition?

ReputationRep:
    i've recently lost 10kgs, have another 20 to go how much you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepy18)
    That's about 3 stone isn't it? I've put on 4 stone, and want to lose it all. That's ... 25kg.

ReputationRep:
    How?! I really wanna lose 10kg before I get to uni, which is a year away, but still. How did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    I want to lose weight too, I mean my weight is within the normal limits now, but I put on like 15kg in the past couple of years

ReputationRep:
    I lost about 2.5 stone but you said you want a girl to be your buddy so yeah

BTW-your first step is to change your location from the biscuit tin as your TSR profile says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_username_was_taken)
    I lost about 2.5 stone but you said you want a girl to be your buddy so yeah

BTW-your first step is to change your location from the biscuit tin as your TSR profile says
    How much weight you still gotta lose?

And that's probably a good idea! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    you guy's aren't serious are you. How can you lose over 15 kilos without dying?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I need to lose weight too, but have waaay too much stress at the moment to eat healthily! Once uni applications are over, I'm going back to running. I need to lose at least a stone
    You should turn this into a weight loss thread for every who wants to lose weight, then we can all do it together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    :eek:
    you guy's aren't serious are you. How can you lose over 15 kilos without dying?
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your buddy!! Might help keep us motivated haha xx

ReputationRep:
    I'll join in! I'd love to lose 2.5 stones, but tbh that's a bit ambitious. 2 would be all right. How are you going about it?

ReputationRep:
    I'll join I want to lose about 15 kilos (roughly 2.3 stone) by next July. Currently 5ft2 and about 65 kilos, so it's much needed!

I figured I'd ease myself into it by spending three to four weeks getting into a good daily routine of smaller portions - trying to make sure they're healthy, varied and also low in sat fat - and an hour long walk everyday. The aim isn't really to lose weight at this point, just to get into a better lifestyle for the long run. Anyway, it's been just over a week and I've settled into it with no problems - I'm really enjoying my daily walks and despite reduced portion size I'm not feeling hungry! I'm not going to weigh myself, but I've clearly lost a little bit of weight, so yay! :woo:

From the week starting on October 11, I'm going to start exercising three times a week on top of the daily walks. I haven't really decided what yet, but it'll probably involve a lot of swimming and running. I don't have a gym membership, but I might try and find a way to do a session of weights once a week.

I'm not going to weigh myself until I've done ten weeks of exercise in that way (afraid that if I do I'll get demotivated and disheartened), which takes me up to roughly mid December. And then if it's all gone well, I'll buy myself some new clothes as a Christmas treat

What do y'all think?

Well I have been attempting to lose weight for about 3 and a half months but due to many spats of cba I ended up only losing just over half a stone? anyone around 8-10lbs which is ****. I want to lose about a further 2-3 stone but I want to see how I feel first when I hit the 9 stone mark and then go on from there. My problem is having a "treat" like a chocolate bar never=1 chocolate bar and more often that not equates to massive binging on ****. This must stop so a nice clean diet is to follow with weights 2-3 times a week and 2 minimum cardio sessions preferably 3-4 probably mainly HIIT. I have a busy schedule as I am a full time student with a large workload but I don't want that to be an excuse and for diet I have no excuse and I need to just make time for my exercise.
    Wish me luck!!! And I used to weigh myself 1 x a week but I'm going to keep this up for a month, weigh and then stick to bi monthly weigh ins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpneeded-a)
    How?! I really wanna lose 10kg before I get to uni, which is a year away, but still. How did you do it?
    i've cut out meat, bread and potatoes, including crisps. No biscuits, no chocoate, no high calorie drinks like milkshakes etc.
    I have an alpen bar or nutrigrain for breakfast, cuppa soup for lunch and a hummus and salad wrap for dinner. In between i eat fruit or breadsticks.
    I allow myself a treat a day, which for me is a muller corner yoghurt
    I aim tohave about 1200 calories a day, sometimes its more, sometime its less.

I also go walking every day and do weight training most days.
    Doing this, I lost the 10kgs in 3 weeks! Hoping to drop the other 20kg by the new year!

ReputationRep:
    i've cut out meat, bread and potatoes, including crisps. No biscuits, no chocoate, no high calorie drinks like milkshakes etc.
    I have an alpen bar or nutrigrain for breakfast, cuppa soup for lunch and a hummus and salad wrap for dinner. In between i eat fruit or breadsticks.

Doing this, I lost the 10kgs in 3 weeks! Hoping to drop the other 20kg by the new year!
    omg! so trying this, i want to be a pretty girl for my bf

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all of us!

That realllly isn't enough good unless you're eating copious amounts of fruit & bread sticks. Needs more complex carbs and protein PROTEIN PROTEIN!!! Complex carbs aren't the devil in the right quantities and form. Better than breadsticks anyway.

I know you're going to say "WELL IT WORKS FOR ME!!!" But losing over 3kg or about 7lbs a week isn't healthy or sustainable unless you are huge to start with.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in it's great to chat about this stuff and give eachother a some support.

Ok, these are my stats: i'm about 5'8", and my weight *gulp* fluctuates between 12stone 13lb to 13 stone 2 lb. Ew i know, chub central. I'm a size 14, very occasionally a 16 and even more occasionally a 12. I'd have thought considering my weight i'd be a bigger size in clothes, but i'm pretty bust so i guess i carry a lot of weight there.

I did lose 6lb at the start of summer but then having a full time job kinda put paid to that cause i got lazy. But i feel gross and it's time to stop making excuses...

....so a couple weeks ago, gave my diet and exercise a complete overhaul again. I'm aiming for 1500 calories a day roughly but i don't always count cause i find it boring. Generally cut the crap..so no chocolate, biscuits, less cheese etc. Upping my protein and lowering my carb intake a bit, but cause i'm veggie it's lentils and tofu all the way. Luckily i'm actually enjoying eating this way, it's making me feel better.
    Exercise wise, doing 15 mins of HIIT on my exercise bike 3 times a week, a pilates dvd thing once a week, and a cardiobox dvd once a week, plus a load of walking. I know that probably isn't enough, but time's been an issue.

I eventually want to get down to 10stone 7lb, i think that's realistic, and i'm giving myself til my 21st birthday next july to do it.

What's everyone's goals?

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:

Kudos on the willpower, but seriously, that's all you've had, every day, for 3 weeks? The amount you're losing so fast doesn't sound too healthy either if you want to keep it off...sounds a bit too much 'crash diet'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.