Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone want to lose weight? I'd like a "diet buddy". watch

ReputationRep:
    :top: Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    That realllly isn't enough good unless you're eating copious amounts of fruit & bread sticks. Needs more complex carbs and protein PROTEIN PROTEIN!!! Complex carbs aren't the devil in the right quantities and form. Better than breadsticks anyway.

I know you're going to say "WELL IT WORKS FOR ME!!!" But losing over 3kg or about 7lbs a week isn't healthy or sustainable unless you are huge to start with.

it cant be that bad seing as i'm not hungry on it. i havent spent the last 3 weeks starving! i started out with 5stone to lose, so i still have 3.5stone to go or about 20kg. i imagine my rate of weightloss will slow down as i lose weight though.
    i am on a medicine though that makes people gain weight, so ive had to be stricter to get the weight off. that and i cant eat things in moderation, so it was best just to cut all temptation from my diet.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be brave and post some stats too, to give myself some motivation :s
    I'm just under 5'4" and currently around 9st 4lb. The thing is I really need to slim down my tummy so I'm not too bothered about actually losing weight.

(Original post by cz100)
    I'll be brave and post some stats too, to give myself some motivation :s
    I'm just under 5'4" and currently around 9st 4lb. The thing is I really need to slim down my tummy so I'm not too bothered about actually losing weight.
    I'm 5'3 and around 10st 12lb I started at 11st 8 though(three months ago) but I have been waaaay too up and down about it so I must focus now.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to join in, if it's not too late. I need the motivation for sure. Trying to lose about 22 kg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I'm 5'3 and around 10st 12lb I started at 11st 8 though(three months ago) but I have been waaaay too up and down about it so I must focus now.
    But I was under 45kg, even 39kg at one point just about 3 years ago and my height hasn't changed at all

(Original post by cz100)
    But I was under 45kg, even 39kg at one point just about 3 years ago and my height hasn't changed at all
    39kg is certainly underweight :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    39kg is certainly underweight :sadnod:
    that was for a very, very brief while though

(Original post by cz100)
    that was for a very, very brief while though
    Yeah I think in times of stress etc people react in different ways. My body just has so much nervous energy.
    On topic ****** ate chocolate this evening, so unh
    appy in general life atm and I've just had enough and I can feel myself craving the comfort through chocolate but no more. I'm sure othre people here do it. I just feel like crying :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Yeah I think in times of stress etc people react in different ways. My body just has so much nervous energy.
    On topic ****** ate chocolate this evening, so unh
    appy in general life atm and I've just had enough and I can feel myself craving the comfort through chocolate but no more. I'm sure othre people here do it. I just feel like crying :cry:
    :console: so easy to put on weight, so hard to get it off...I've just been so used to being skinny-ish, and suddenly I'm having trouble putting on a pair of jeans I used to be able to get into without undoing the zip and button

(Original post by cz100)
    :console: so easy to put on weight, so hard to get it off...I've just been so used to being skinny-ish, and suddenly I'm having trouble putting on a pair of jeans I used to be able to get into without undoing the zip and button
    :sadnod: It's just getting your head in the right place really and to stop making excuses. Chocolate/other crap shouldn't be eaten every day but when you let habits slip it becomes custom to eat it at least once a day :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    :sadnod: It's just getting your head in the right place really and to stop making excuses. Chocolate/other crap shouldn't be eaten every day but when you let habits slip it becomes custom to eat it at least once a day :sigh:
    so true...

(Original post by cz100)
    so true...
    When I eat healthily I feel soooo much better in myself too as I actually have energy rather than being lethargic and tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    When I eat healthily I feel soooo much better in myself too as I actually have energy rather than being lethargic and tired.
    me too, and even better when I get a go on the treadmill. Only problem is I hardly ever have time now summer's over, I was doing half an hour every night for a month over the summer

(Original post by cz100)
    me too, and even better when I get a go on the treadmill. Only problem is I hardly ever have time now summer's over, I was doing half an hour every night for a month over the summer
    If you do HIIT it can take 10-20 minutes and be very effective if done correctly. Maybe try and fit that in and some weight training? Team that with a calorie deficit and you'll be happy with your body in no time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    If you do HIIT it can take 10-20 minutes and be very effective if done correctly. Maybe try and fit that in and some weight training? Team that with a calorie deficit and you'll be happy with your body in no time
    what's HIIT?

(Original post by cz100)
    what's HIIT?
    Basically and very basically the following:
    30-60 seconds(start with 30 but work your way up!!) of some activity(be it cycling, running, swimming, skipping etc.)as fast and as intense as you possible can!!!
    and then 60-90 seconds(reduce this time goes on)seconds of rest(so not stopping but at a lower intensity...say 30-50% of your capacity)

and then repeat 8-12 times. Obviously build yourself up. If you're doing it right the first time you do it you will be dead after about 5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Wooo HIIT. It makes me want to die a bit after 15 mins but i can tell it's doing me good :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Basically and very basically the following:
    30-60 seconds(start with 30 but work your way up!!) of some activity(be it cycling, running, swimming, skipping etc.)as fast and as intense as you possible can!!!
    and then 60-90 seconds(reduce this time goes on)seconds of rest(so not stopping but at a lower intensity...say 30-50% of your capacity)

and then repeat 8-12 times. Obviously build yourself up. If you're doing it right the first time you do it you will be dead after about 5 minutes
    ok, I think I'll give it a go. It doesn't sound as bad as the exercise the people I know on hockey teams have to do. They have to do shuttle runs on a slope and have to do it in shorter time limits each time, it's so hard they call it 'suicides'

(Original post by KTpie)
    Wooo HIIT. It makes me want to die a bit after 15 mins but i can tell it's doing me good :p:
    I find it much better than an hour of cardio. Constantly pushing myself so I can barely see :p:. Though I struggle to do it with swimming because my breathing goes to rubbish

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.