Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone want to lose weight? I'd like a "diet buddy". watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I find it much better than an hour of cardio. Constantly pushing myself so I can barely see :p:. Though I struggle to do it with swimming because my breathing goes to rubbish
    Yeah i know what you mean, i definitely prefer it to doing long periods of 'normal' cardio and find it a lot easier to motivate myself if i think 'ok well it's just 15 minutes out of my day so no excuse not to'. I do mine on an exercise bike...probably be better for me to do it running but i loathe running.

(Original post by KTpie)
    Yeah i know what you mean, i definitely prefer it to doing long periods of 'normal' cardio and find it a lot easier to motivate myself if i think 'ok well it's just 15 minutes out of my day so no excuse not to'. I do mine on an exercise bike...probably be better for me to do it running but i loathe running.
    I do mine on a static bike too sometimes, soooo tiring. Running is really good but tbh do something you will be able to keep up and not hate!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    I do mine on a static bike too sometimes, soooo tiring. Running is really good but tbh do something you will be able to keep up and not hate!!!
    yeahh i actually don't mind static bike when i get going on it. I think i deffo need to incorporate some more resistance type training into my routine though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    My problem is having a "treat" like a chocolate bar never=1 chocolate bar and more often that not equates to massive binging on ****.
    I don't know if this will help but I find it better to eat dark chocolate to milk - I prefer milk chocolate, but it's so hard to stop after a small quantity! With dark chocolate I can have a small amount and it's easier not to pig out.

(Original post by Jelkin)
    I don't know if this will help but I find it better to eat dark chocolate to milk - I prefer milk chocolate, but it's so hard to stop after a small quantity! With dark chocolate I can have a small amount and it's easier not to pig out.
    This is true..I cna barely manage a square of dark chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTpie)
    I do it on a stationary bike, it really really kills my thighs.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join you ladies? I am 10 stone 1 and I am 5'7.5.

I have lost 5 pounds, but would really like to loose another 15 pounds minimum. Then I will try and maintain my weight around the 9 stone mark.

With 15 pounds left to loose, I want to do it properly (not too quickly) so hopefully I will be at 9 stone by the end of November! Wish me luck!
    I find it really hard to eat enough when trying to loose weight. If I am good and Eat fruit for breakfast, sandwich and snack a jacks for lunch and fish and vegetables for dinner that is only about 950 calories maximum? Obviously, I should have healthy snacks inbetween meals but I am not very good at that because when I get a taste for food inbetween meals I end up eating loads!

Anyway, we will see how I have managed in 2 months time!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.