Turn on thread page Beta

Atmosphere in nightclubs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to any nightclubs, but was wondering what kind of ones you guys and women go to?

Do you enjoy going or do you feel it must get repetitive after a while? And how often do you tend to go?

Do you prefer restaurants or public houses?

Whilst this short clip below may appear humorous, it does suggest people go out of a certain sense of boredom?

What are your sentiments?

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    I like going to a pub every once in a while with my mates.
    Not often, because it's a bit of an expensive way of drinking, and I don't even drink often.
    I find it retarded that some people go "on a pull", I just go to relax, drink some beer... Atmosphere is generally good.

ReputationRep:
    i go 4+ times a week at uni. and no it doesn't get repetitive, a big part of going is seeing all your friends. that never gets boring

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the video is actually accurate though? Can you hear people in them? As in, I watched some youtube clips in clubs and it's so loud that surely it's a struggle to communicate?

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely don't know.

There might be as much atmosphere as on the moon, but I'm usually more plastered than the walls by the time I get in a club so I wouldn't really know. The fews times I've been clubbing sober I've never experienced a bad "atmosphere" though.

ReputationRep:
    The atmosphere in nightclubs is the same as outdoors as far as I'm aware... 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. Obviously poor ventilation may lead to decreased levels of oxygen and increased levels of CO2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piszczel)
    I find it retarded that some people go "on a pull", I just go to relax, drink some beer... Atmosphere is generally good.
    Whats a pull?

ReputationRep:
    Pull = find someone to have sex with. However I think it's very wrong.

Nightclubs are OK if you go once a month or so. Sadly most clubs have succumbed to 'cheesy pop' music, or just rubbish music in general. Few clubs play good dance music these days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm I'm drinking after work, I prefer a nice pub. Clubs aren't open then anyway. If I'm going out for the night- it HAS to be a club or move onto a club- there's nothing that kills a night for me than spending the whole thing in a pub. Clubs are great, they're not for everyone and you probably wouldn't have a good night totally sober no matter who you were out with. My favourite clubs are the ones that play the best dance music, have big dancefloors and places to sit too..

ReputationRep:
    If I really wanted to swim in excess testosterone, sweat and cheap perfume, I could do it in the privacy of my own home where I don't have to pay £15 entry and £3.50 for a pint.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.