Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Newt)
    I was! Not the glasses one though! I was the other one Hope your interview went well! Who interviewed you?
    black coat, no swipe card? :P

(hahaha, not that i'm trying to be a stalker or anything)

ReputationRep:
    you guys have such hight UKCATs!!
    I have no hope...
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    you guys have such hight UKCATs!!
    I have no hope...
    good luck!
    i got an interview last year and i have a ukcat of 610.
    i know things might have changed since then, but you never know! as long as you tick enough of the other boxes! i'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    Well I do believe they care more about academic achievements i.e. A levels and GCSE or whatever you guys have... in comparison to that my qualification might seem less important or less valuable just because the university can not properly compare it to A-levels. At least this is the way i see it...

By the way, may I ask you a question? Are olympiads known and valued in uk? i.e. the biology or chemistry olympiad. thanks
    I hope sooo, because my GCSEs and predicted a levels are all good.

ermm... I am not from the UK, I am Spanish so I am not sure about how olympiads are regarded. However, I would gues that it is something worth mentioning.

ReputationRep:
    I hope sooo, because my GCSEs and predicted a levels are all good.

ermm... I am not from the UK, I am Spanish so I am not sure about how olympiads are regarded. However, I would gues that it is something worth mentioning.
    On their website they state that A levels etc matter for 50% of the whole application so you are good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage05)
    i got an interview last year and i have a ukcat of 610.
    i know things might have changed since then, but you never know! as long as you tick enough of the other boxes! i'm sure you'll be fine!
    I hope sooo!! I love St Andrews !!
    thanks ^^

ReputationRep:
    Anyone around here (living in uk or knowing the uk system) might know if universities care about achievements at biology/chemistry olympiads? Thank you (:

ReputationRep:
    I hope sooo!! I love St Andrews !!
    thanks ^^
    I love St Andrews as well so fingers crossed Anyway we still have about 2 months to wait... they seem to invite internationals towards the end of the interviewing process...

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    On their website they state that A levels etc matter for 50% of the whole application so you are good
    *sweats*
    Did they say A levels specifically or just 'Acedemia' ?
    Because I thought it was 50% academic qualities... ie. 25% GCSEs and 25% A-levels.
    Also; does this mean As grades or A level predicitons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellfish002)
    *sweats*
    Did they say A levels specifically or just 'Acedemia' ?
    Because I thought it was 50% academic qualities... ie. 25% GCSEs and 25% A-levels.
    Also; does this mean As grades or A level predicitons?

it's academic qualities... you're right. I said A levels as a pure example... I don't even know what the difference between As and A levels is because I have some other sort of certificates

ReputationRep:
    it's academic qualities... you're right. I said A levels as a pure example... I don't even know what the difference between As and A levels is because I have some other sort of certificates
    Ah right; thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdul786_786)
    anyone heard from Manchester?
    I have, but i want to hear from st andrews, though i may be dreaming with my shocking GCSEs!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I want to hear from St Andrew's soon, it's something I need!!!

ReputationRep:
    st andrews is my first choice now.

but i feel weird. do i even want to go? i dunno. :nothing:

help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    st andrews is my first choice now.

but i feel weird. do i even want to go? i dunno. :nothing:

help!

saaaaame ! i love st andrews. like actually, everything about it. the town's amazing, i go there quite alot. it's so pretty (well, that's kind of a more girl reason for wanting to go. but still :P) and the course i think is better. if you get a first in your honours, it's always good for the cv. and the experience of two unis. gives you a kind of cooler uni experience, get to know more people and shizzle. all of this is kind of outside of the reasons for the course, but i'm sure you had them for your interview. awww, i hate waiting !

i was actually going to ask, anyone else got it as a first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I want to hear from St Andrew's soon, it's something I need!!!
    You won't be hearing from them till end of January or early February in the best of cases! They finished sending out interviews for December as I know... The next interview session is in February-March...

ReputationRep:
    St andrews is my first choice as well, I sooooo want to go there!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You won't be hearing from them till end of January or early February in the best of cases! They finished sending out interviews for December as I know... The next interview session is in February-March...
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. At least if we get interviews we'll be able to get to them. For me the 9-hour drive is bad enough without this snow and 90% of roads being shut :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm a graduate and had to send them a transcript of my degree... Strathclyde took ages to send me it so I've only just popped it in the post, going to email them a copy too, will hopefully help get the ball rolling a bit faster!

I think since they have gone to the bother of asking for these things they must be considering those people's applications?? Why ask if they're not interested??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.