Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What kind of conditions have people been getting for their offers? (obv the conditional ones) Anyone had an offer that is doing 2 Advanced highers and 1 crash higher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    What kind of conditions have people been getting for their offers? (obv the conditional ones) Anyone had an offer that is doing 2 Advanced highers and 1 crash higher?
    I think all the offers that have been given out are unconditionals. They seem to be very fond of them. Conditional offers seem rare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    I think all the offers that have been given out are unconditionals. They seem to be very fond of them. Conditional offers seem rare.
    I hope this trend continues! At least until my interview :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukcathater)
    What's wrong with getting a conditional? From an insurance point of view anyway
    Nothing at all, I'd kill for a conditional right now :P but an unconditional would take some of the pressure off regarding exams. I suppose I'm lucky to even be getting an interview but one can dream! :P

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with getting a conditional? From an insurance point of view anyway
    Did u receive a conditional? If so what were the conditions, I'm just curious to know what kind of conditions they set?

ReputationRep:
    at the open day, they said if you're scottish and get an offer, it's most likely to be unconditional, seen as you've already achieved the grades. but if you're english, they said it's most likely to be conditions (sooorry ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    I just phonned them up and they said to send an email stating that you want to change it.
    And it wont increase your chances, they make out offers to who they like and then allocate you to wherever using your preference, but it's only a preference and not a set choice, so you could end up being allocated to your opp choice.
    I'm not sure that's exactly true - there are only a set number of places at each, certainly in my day word had it that the manchester track was easier to get on..

ReputationRep:
    No i dont............... but im not expecting an interview tbh
    Remember that they're still going to be giving out interviews until march, so there's still a lot of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sambo2)
    I'm not sure that's exactly true - there are only a set number of places at each, certainly in my day word had it that the manchester track was easier to get on..
    What I said it was only a preference, they can't penalise you for applying to one of the preferences.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many applicants StAndrews normally get. I can't seem to find anything except an old one from 2008 which was under 1000. We're a million miles off that number now
    Even still I think St Andrews is the Scottish medical school which receives the least number of applicants each year

found this:

Places for 2011: 55 places for those progressing to Scottish Medical Schools for Phase 2 (Years 4-6), 80 places for those progressing to Manchester Medical School to complete Phase 2
    Applications: 1013
    Number interviewed: 500
    Applicants per place: 7

here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    Even still I think St Andrews is the Scottish medical school which receives the least number of applicants each year

found this:

Places for 2011: 55 places for those progressing to Scottish Medical Schools for Phase 2 (Years 4-6), 80 places for those progressing to Manchester Medical School to complete Phase 2
    Applications: 1013
    Number interviewed: 500
    Applicants per place: 7

here
    When you think about it though remember that it's the numbers of offers that go out that counts, not the number of places or applicants per place. Just a little difference I think it's worth mentioning to give us all an extra bit of hope! I think they give out around 350 offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carter BSc)
    When you think about it though remember that it's the numbers of offers that go out that counts, not the number of places or applicants per place. Just a little difference I think it's worth mentioning to give us all an extra bit of hope! I think they give out around 350 offers.
    lol, i'll have hope if I get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carter BSc)
    Indeed, this is right.

Although I heard it was more than 350... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    lol, i'll have hope if I get an interview
    Haha, and so you should.

ReputationRep:
    How did you find this info Iwas looking for about an hour through google prev threads etc! Just as well your a member of this forum
    I googled "st andrews applicants statistics" or sumthing similar

ReputationRep:
    got an email this morning saying that i've got an interview!!! i really wasn't expecting one from st andrews at all

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview too this morning for 16th Feb :eek:. From what I've read on this thread the statistics are good from here on! Can anyone clarify what the odds for an offer are?

Congrats to anyone else who received an interview invite today

ReputationRep:
    I also got an interview invitation today I am
    an EU applicant and my interview is on 09/03!! Any tips?
    Congrats to everyone else with interview invites today !!

ReputationRep:
    INTERVIEWWW!! The long wait made it all the more worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    i also got an interview invitation today :d i am
    an eu applicant and my interview is on 09/03!! Any tips?
    Congrats to everyone else with interview invites today !!

we told you so.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :party: congrats to everyone! :party:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.