Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    I was simple saying you assumed that i was dissing a nurse when the fact is i wasnt, sorry if it came across that way.

I know my spelling isnt great, but thats just *****y to bring that up especially since that the reason its bad was because i was deaf when i was younger, and ive had massive help to improve my english, and it was hardly like grammar/ spelling actually mattered in these posts.

It just annoys me when people spell, or write badly. Like if a person decided to write in a very annoying font or hard-to-read colour. Meh. I don't see why people feel the need to have one "english language" for proper documents/school, and another for TSR/FB or whatever. Is that not just twice the amount of effort as opposed to just speaking properly throughout life.

And yes, perhaps it doesn't matter as much but first impressions do count etc...

ReputationRep:
    SORRY, didnt mean to offend nurses and i certainly dont disrepsect them, its just very hard to get your point of view across through text rather than speech! Also i would like to think im not arrogant, sorry if it came across that way!

ReputationRep:

SORRY, didnt mean to offend nurses and i certainly dont disrepsect them, its just very hard to get your point of view across through text rather than speech! Also i would like to think im not arrogant, sorry if it came across that way!
    Speak about bad grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    how many of you have been to the open day? or plan to go to one later this year?
    If I get in I think I will have to visit both St Andrews and Birmingham again because it will be difficult to decide, unless when I get to St Andrews I think OMG (even though that happened in Birmingham).

Have you been to any of their visiting days?
    What do they show on the tour after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    If I get in I think I will have to visit both St Andrews and Birmingham again because it will be difficult to decide, unless when I get to St Andrews I think OMG (even though that happened in Birmingham).

Have you been to any of their visiting days?
    What do they show on the tour after the interview?
    I haven't but I am going with friends around March to check out halls/jobs etc...

The new and very shiny-looking (amazing-looking :teeth:) medical building, including lecture halls, classrooms, labs and give you the general lo-down on what it's like to study there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    I haven't but I am going with friends around March to check out halls/jobs etc...

The new and very shiny-looking (amazing-looking :teeth:) medical building, including lecture halls, classrooms, labs and give you the general lo-down on what it's like to study there.
    Oh cool!
    You are so lucky to have friends who also want to go to St Andrews, in my sixth form I am the only one who has applied so I have no one to go with but, as I said, I will go to visit the halls and the place if I get a place because I really like Birmingham and because I didn't hear anything from St Andrews until a week ago I really expected a rejection which meant I grew to love Birmingham and now I am confused!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carter BSc)
    Just had my interview, and my interviewers were very pleasant and nice, thought I would inform you all.

It had an informal approach of being very relaxed, and like a conversation, although of course it's still an interview, but they didn't pressure you or jump down your throats at all. So don't be too nervous.
    That's good to hear, I've got mine tommorow, I hope it is similar! How was the article they gave you? Obviously you can't tell me what it's about but is it difficult/ had a lot of medical terms in it? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    Could anyone give the the outline of the course structure at St Andrew's, specifically what topics are covered in foundations of medicine 1 and 2? Also does St Andrew's stick to the traditional lecture based teaching method, or has it incorporated PBL to a degree? cheers
    I'm posting this again as I've got my interview tommorow and any help would be greatly appreciated Also, do they ask in much detail about your work experience? cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm posting this again as I've got my interview tommorow and any help would be greatly appreciated Also, do they ask in much detail about your work experience? cheers
    http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/...rgraduate.aspx

This summarises it quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukcathater)
    Your link would be very helpful if I actually had an interview but I dont. How old is this link as according to it there were just over 1,000 applicants
    Haha, i think it describes the course nicely though.
    It says 'The information on this page is correct as of August 2010', so quite recent, it has all the new entry requirements so i guess the info is fairly accurate.
    Got interviews anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/...rgraduate.aspx

This summarises it quite well.
    Thanks! Haha it says at the top the entry requirements are AAAAB at higher, then below says AAAAA at higher and AAA at advanced higher :P Very good link though, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Considering they interview 500 people and there are only 1000 applicants this year, I am pretty pissed I am not in that top 500.

lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, at least you know what not to say with regards to nurses in an interview question now haha :borat:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carter BSc)
    Anyway, at least you know what not to say with regards to nurses in an interview question now haha :borat:.
    Well looks like lucky old me missed that question in me interviews so far

ReputationRep:
    That's good to hear, I've got mine tommorow, I hope it is similar! How was the article they gave you? Obviously you can't tell me what it's about but is it difficult/ had a lot of medical terms in it? thanks
    I'm sure it will be, but some of the others I met there had slightly different interviews it seemed. The article is of no concern at all, do not worry about it, simple language and comprehension, it's pretty much similar to any article you would see on the internet or other sources, nothing complicated. Good luck, try and stay calm, I was very nervous, all ISC medical interview techniques and preparation *BANG* out of window haha, but the interview techniques in that are by no means the be all and end all I would guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably in position 999 have they actually rejected anyone yet? Does anyone know? They must know by now who is going to get one and which applicants have absolutely no chance. I wish they would do the decent thing and put us out of our misery

(Original post by garlicbreadman)
    Considering they interview 500 people and there are only 1000 applicants this year, I am pretty pissed I am not in that top 500.

lol
    There are still some interviews to be given out, stop worrying!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    There are still some interviews to be given out, stop worrying!!!!
    easier said than done!

I'm a bit more at ease now cos' of my Aberdeen interview but really feel for those without any interviews at all.

ReputationRep:
    I know rejection would be so much easier after an interview I think. At least you'd have a chance to speak to someone
    But I don't even want to contemplate a rejection at this moment in time

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I was talking about myself lol No you will be fine I have every confidence on you
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I know rejection would be so much easier after an interview I think. At least you'd have a chance to speak to someone
    i think it would be better before!! If they reject you before, its just because you probably don't have the grades, or you personal statement wasn't good enough!?
    but once you've had an interview, they're rejecting you after having met you...so....it gets personal.. hehe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.