Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabregassed)
    With regard to whether you should reapply next year, we would advise you that we look favourably on applicants who have fulfilled all aspects of our entry requirements at the time of their first application.
    Hmm. It's interesting because they're just saying that they don't like candidates who re-apply...

ReputationRep:
    Any more interview invites to be given out, or do you think there isn't much left? Knew my UKCAT score (625) was too low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1993)
    Any more interview invites to be given out, or do you think there isn't much left? Knew my UKCAT score (625) was too low
    Don't worry, I've had an interview and my UKCAT was 580! There's still some to be given out I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    Don't worry, I've had an interview and my UKCAT was 580! There's still some to be given out I'm sure
    580 well that's my theory up the creek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Hmm. It's interesting because they're just saying that they don't like candidates who re-apply...
    Well I'm a re-applicant and I got an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    580 well that's my theory up the creek!
    haha, maybe! :P I do wonder how I managed to get an interview though. If they have a cut off above 580 would they have bothered to call me for interview? I've heard that they score the UKCAT after the interview? But I think that's just to give you your portion of the 15% that is allocated to the UKCAT result, then add it to the scores from the rest of your application (academics, non academics, personal statement and references etc). Otherwise, would they not give someone above the cut off the interview instead? Curious :P But hey, I'm not complaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Very interesting because im a reapplicant and got an interview but also on there website they say they favour those with achieved alevels.

ReputationRep:
    just emailed them about the status of my application and they just replied saying i have an interview on the 9th of march, and the email was about to be sent out. EEEEKKK!!! now, just have to try and work out how i'm going to get there (i live in kent!).

ReputationRep:
    just emailed them about the status of my application and they just replied saying i have an interview on the 9th of march, and the email was about to be sent out. EEEEKKK!!! now, just have to try and work out how i'm going to get there (i live in kent!).
    Nice one! You've got a long journey to get there though :P

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! You've got a long journey to get there though :P
    Indeed I phoned my my mum and she was like "you know it's in scotland right?!"... i don't think she's very keen because it's so far away, but I'm definitely going to the interview... i'd be stupid not to!

ReputationRep:
    Yesssaaaaaaa just found an interview in my junk folder :h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    Yesssaaaaaaa just found an interview in my junk folder :h
    Well its good you check your junk folder
    Well done!
    When its your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon-leeds)
    Well I'm a re-applicant and I got an interview.
    I think the email meant applicants who re-apply to St. Andrews specifically, seeing as they have no way of knowing whether you are applying to medicine for a 2nd time or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie91)
    I think the email meant applicants who re-apply to St. Andrews specifically, seeing as they have no way of knowing whether you are applying to medicine for a 2nd time or not.
    Na, im not a reapplicant, I didnt apply to medicine last year at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Well its good you check your junk folder
    Well done!
    When its your interview?
    18th March.. the last day of interviews lmao awh thank you, im guessing you wanna know my stats or something so,

625 UKCAT, 5A*6A GCSE.... & a sexy picture of izzz

I check my junk folder like twice as much as my normal one these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    18th March.. the last day of interviews lmao awh thank you, im guessing you wanna know my stats or something so,

625 UKCAT, 5A*6A GCSE.... & a sexy picture of izzz

I check my junk folder like twice as much as my normal one these days
    hahahha I wasn't actually asking for your stats but thanks anyways :P
    I just wanted to know if you had the same interview date as me, mine is the 9th March xD So I go first

ReputationRep:
    I'm just curious, but why is it that, proportionally, more English students apply to St Andrew's than any other Scottish university? Obviously it's a great uni, but so are Edinburgh and Glasgow, as well as all the great english ones. It's a good thing that so many people from different backgrounds can mix at the one uni, but it's odd that quite so many english students choose St Andrew's as their "Scottish choice" if you like :P Just curious!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what are the chances of getting an offer after interview? I read on their website that the interview counts for just 20% after interview and the rest is on academics/personal statement... surely then those who are interviewed earlier (and most probably have better academics etc) are most likely to get offers than those who are interviewed later (who probably have less strong academics)?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what are the chances of getting an offer after interview? I read on their website that the interview counts for just 20% after interview and the rest is on academics/personal statement... surely then those who are interviewed earlier (and most probably have better academics etc) are most likely to get offers than those who are interviewed later (who probably have less strong academics)?
    Meh, peoples academics aren't really going to vary that much. I got an interview in late January despite getting the top mark in every exam. And 20% is a huge amount of the application, especially when everyones academics are so close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    I'm just curious, but why is it that, proportionally, more English students apply to St Andrew's than any other Scottish university? Obviously it's a great uni, but so are Edinburgh and Glasgow, as well as all the great english ones. It's a good thing that so many people from different backgrounds can mix at the one uni, but it's odd that quite so many english students choose St Andrew's as their "Scottish choice" if you like :P Just curious!
    We secretly want to go to Manchester but don't like the PBL of their preclinicals :ninja:

J/K

I wish St Andrews had clinicals themselves, would be cool to stay there 6 years

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 5, 2012

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.