Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    Got an email acknowledgement. Just Dundee to acknowledge now.
    Same.
    Just Dundee left now!
    Exciting stuff. Apparently Dundee don't really send out acnowledgements until a bit later, perhaps November? but I'm sure they have received out acnowledgements

ReputationRep:
    same.

i'm scared. :pika:

but have you guys got your track stuff and UCAS letter? i don't.

ReputationRep:
    I got my acknowledgement email today! exciting and scary at the same time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    same.

i'm scared. :pika:

but have you guys got your track stuff and UCAS letter? i don't.
    I got my track stuff 4 days after my UCAS was sent to them (UCAS)

Nothing new in it anyway (well, at least for me!)

You can still log into track anyway!
    You have the UCAS number when you log into "Apply" and you use you're existing username & password.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    I got my track stuff 4 days after my UCAS was sent to them (UCAS)

Nothing new in it anyway (well, at least for me!)

You can still log into track anyway!
    You have the UCAS number when you log into "Apply" and you use you're existing username & password.
    Try your last year's number as well. Mind was changed to that between apply and track.

ReputationRep:
    On the website it says 'We will only consider applications for deferred entry in very exceptional circumstances.' Does this affect reapplicants seeing as they'll be on a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi All
    Have just had an email from St. Andrews saying that I won't be considered further as my degree doesn't have enough up-to-date Chemistry in it. Must be the quickest rejection ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrubZ)
    On the website it says 'We will only consider applications for deferred entry in very exceptional circumstances.' Does this affect reapplicants seeing as they'll be on a gap year?
    I doubt it affects reapplicants. I think what they are referring to is someone applying in 2010 for 2012 entry if that makes sense. i.e. applying a year earlier than you want to start, but as long as you are applying for the next academical year, you should be fine!

Hi All
    Have just had an email from St. Andrews saying that I won't be considered further as my degree doesn't have enough up-to-date Chemistry in it. Must be the quickest rejection ever!
    That's a shame. And we haven't even reached the application deadline yet! :no:

Where else have you applied, if you don't mind me asking.
    Hope you get an offer elsewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied, if you don't mind me asking.
    Hope you get an offer elsewhere!
    Other choices are in my signature..Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee. Let's hope get somewhere else otherwise back to school for Chemistry Higher or A level...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Good luck! Where you going for clinicals?
    Thanks! I've chosen manchester, just hoping the rise in fees wont affect me! what about you? im too lazy to look at past threads :P

ReputationRep:
    Same.
    Just Dundee left now!
    Exciting stuff. Apparently Dundee don't really send out acnowledgements until a bit later, perhaps November? but I'm sure they have received out acnowledgements
    Hi when did you send your UCAS off if you don't mind me asking. I know its early days yet but I haven't had acknowledgement from St Andrews yet and that makes me sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jezza_10)
    Thanks! I've chosen manchester, just hoping the rise in fees wont affect me! what about you? im too lazy to look at past threads :P
    Same! Heard nothing but good things about manchester

ReputationRep:
    Hi All
    I'm so sorry to hear that! :gasp: I'm sure that you will get into one of your other University choices--I went to the Aberdeen open day and I'm pretty sure they said they don't mind what degree you have. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealisticApproach)
    I'm so sorry to hear that! :gasp: I'm sure that you will get into one of your other University choices--I went to the Aberdeen open day and I'm pretty sure they said they don't mind what degree you have. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :]
    Hey thanks. Managed to change St. A to Newcastle since it was an email they sent giving me a heads up so updated track today after some quick research. :yes:

Good luck to you too - where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks. Managed to change St. A to Newcastle since it was an email they sent giving me a heads up so updated track today after some quick research. :yes:

Good luck to you too - where else have you applied?
    You technially applied to 5 medical universities this year!

Lucky u! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukcathater)
    Well done you! At least thats you back to 4 unis again!
    Good luck with all your applications!

You technially applied to 5 medical universities this year!

Lucky u! :P
    Never actually thought of it like that but it's true. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think their UKCAT cut-off will increase from 2457?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an aknowledgement email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St Andrews Medical School)
    Use of UKCAT at St Andrews

At St Andrews we use the UKCAT in two ways; firstly we set a cut off for the overall UKCAT score and applicants obtaining a score below that will not be considered for interview or a medical place. A cut off score for each admissions cycle will be decided upon once all applications have been received and it will be based on the national average which, in the past, has been in the range of 2400 - 2500.

It is likely that applicants for 2011 entry with a score below 2457 will not be considered.

Obtaining an overall score of 2457 will not guarantee an interview or entry. Depending on the number of applications and the range of UKCAT scores received in November, the Medical School may not be in a position to consider further all applicants who obtained 2457 in their UKCAT score.
    Do you guys think they might increase the UKCAT above 2457?

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone else's acknowledgement for medicine a "generic" email, mentioning the standard 15th January deadline?

Or do you then receive another from the medical school?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.