Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Well, hopefully we will get British accents once we study there :P
    I am applying with British grades, I go to a British School in Spain.
    Ahhh okay I've still got Swedish grades but they're in English (confusing? :/), so when offers are given it's kinda weird since it seems as though UK universities don't completely understand the Swedish grading system, but I'm not complaning It makes it easier for us xD

British? Yeah hopefully, but then again we'll be studying in Scotland... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Well, hopefully we will get British accents once we study there :P
    I am applying with British grades, I go to a British School in Spain.
    geting brit accents is definitely a possiblity. maybe you'll get a scottish one!

ReputationRep:
    for st andrews interview, how many medical topics/issues currently around in the news etc is everyone looking into/if any?
    i'm not sure if its a requirement, and i worded that question awfully :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    for st andrews interview, how many medical topics/issues currently around in the news etc is everyone looking into/if any?
    i'm not sure if its a requirement, and i worded that question awfully :P
    I looked at one specific one and learned/read a lot about it, but in the end they didn't ask me... They didn't do that on my previous interview either. I still think it's good to read up anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Do St Andrews usually ask a science related question or is it all the usual stuff about you as a person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platty1907)
    Do St Andrews usually ask a science related question or is it all the usual stuff about you as a person?
    usual stuff about you as a person. For mine the only science talk was when they asked about the article you have to read, and even then it's more about how effectively you communicate about the article/how well you understand it. They didn't ask me to define any medical terms or anything like that, dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both in my interview :erm:

ReputationRep:
    After my interview I spoke to a number of candidates who get very science knowledge based questions, so it's definitely advisable to have some, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    When's St Andrew's deadline for medicine decisions? March 31st? It'll be a loooong month and twenty days if it is

ReputationRep:
    I got quite a lot of science in my intervie, the standard philosophical ethical questions but also a bit of politics and economics. Delicious, delicious PPE.

They touched, briefly, on my personal statement but other than that it was mostly about PPE and SCIENCE! rather than me as a person. Of course I suppose it varies from interviewer to interviewer and their personal interests since they don't have fixed questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    I got quite a lot of science in my intervie, the standard philosophical ethical questions but also a bit of politics and economics. Delicious, delicious PPE.

They touched, briefly, on my personal statement but other than that it was mostly about PPE and SCIENCE! rather than me as a person. Of course I suppose it varies from interviewer to interviewer and their personal interests since they don't have fixed questions!
    Politics and economics???? You can't be serious, I I've no clue when it comes to that kinda stuff. I just about know who runs the country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    Politics and economics???? You can't be serious, I I've no clue when it comes to that kinda stuff. I just about know who runs the country!
    Don't worry, I doubt they'll steer a conversation that way if you don't show signs of knowing what you're talking about And if they do, and you say you don't know, I'm sure they won't raise it again

I just raised issues with the government and comparative policies between nations regarding a health issue and we went into politics for a short while, which then shifted towards economical implications behind certain policies with regards worker productivity and rights. Not party politics mind you, party politics is such a divisive issue which should be kept clear away from.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have been lucky for not getting any science questions! I wouldn't have minded a bit of political talk but it didn't come up unfortunately We did however talk a bit about history and ended up discussing the migrations of the vikings! My interview seems a bit different to other people's now that I think of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Don't worry, I doubt they'll steer a conversation that way if you don't show signs of knowing what you're talking about And if they do, and you say you don't know, I'm sure they won't raise it again

I just raised issues with the government and comparative policies between nations regarding a health issue and we went into politics for a short while, which then shifted towards economical implications behind certain policies with regards worker productivity and rights. Not party politics mind you, party politics is such a divisive issue which should be kept clear away from.
    Oh wow, it took me a couple attempts to understand what you just said then!! No wonder you got an offer so quickly!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, it took me a couple attempts to understand what you just said then!! No wonder you got an offer so quickly!!!
    Normally, how long after interview do St.A send out offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1993)
    Normally, how long after interview do St.A send out offers/rejections?
    I think you asked the wrong person. But as far as I know, offers tend to be given out in march, though a couple of fantastic students will receive offers within a week or so.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone share some info regarding the "article we are supposed to read" my interview is through skype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaboyz2007)
    can anyone share some info regarding the "article we are supposed to read" my interview is through skype.
    so do you have to buy a webcam?

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering how long peoples' interviews have tended to be, and how much of this was spent discussing the article?

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering how long peoples' interviews have tended to be, and how much of this was spent discussing the article?
    You get 10 minutes to read the article in a separate room before going into your interview, then the interview is 20 minutes long. A bell will ring when the 20 mins are up. Rougly 10 mins of the 20 minute interview is discussing the article, but this can vary depending on your answers and the people interviewing you. good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.