Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resortini)
    Is everyone else's acknowledgement for medicine a "generic" email, mentioning the standard 15th January deadline?

Or do you then receive another from the medical school?
    mine was a generic one.
    I doubt we will hear anything from the medical school until interviews/rejections and offers are given out

ReputationRep:
    Still not got my acknowledgement email :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dearyme)
    Still not got my acknowledgement email :emo:
    when did you submit your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellfish002)
    when did you submit your application?
    7th Oct. I know I'm being impatient but still... :emo:

ReputationRep:
    7th Oct. I know I'm being impatient but still... :emo:
    I submitted mine on the 15th and got one today... check your junk email? My email from Glasgow was in there :/

If not I'm sure it'll come soon... I know how you feel; I hate waiting!

ReputationRep:
    I submitted mine on the 15th and got one today... check your junk email? My email from Glasgow was in there :/

If not I'm sure it'll come soon... I know how you feel; I hate waiting!
    Hehe I check it about every 5 mins...maybe I'm scaring it off :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I check it about every 5 mins...maybe I'm scaring it off :p:
    haha perhaps :lol:
    guessing you've applied for a manchester placement like me? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukcathater)
    I hope not! Though i know a few people with scores of 600 or less. I know loads of people on this forum have quite high scores but I'm not sure how relevant it actually is. The people I know are really bright cool people. There is also a guy who got 800 and is a bit strange to say the least so I don't know. With the test changing every year we don't really know how difficult it was compared to previous years I got this stuff from ukcat website
    2006=2375 av 593.75
    2007=2430 av 607.5
    2008=2475 av 618.75
    Cant find anything for last year
    Doubt they're going to release the average before they've even released the results to the Universities!

ReputationRep:
    haha perhaps :lol:
    guessing you've applied for a manchester placement like me? :cool:
    Sadly not, I've gone for the no preference option. I applied last year and put Manchester and I got an interview but didn't get a place sadly. So I wrote to them for feedback and asked about reapplication. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful they were, they gave me specific things to do to improve my application and one of the things they mentioned was they never know which route for clinicals will be more popular so I decided a safe bet would be to go with the no preference option

ReputationRep:
    Sadly not, I've gone for the no preference option. I applied last year and put Manchester and I got an interview but didn't get a place sadly. So I wrote to them for feedback and asked about reapplication. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful they were, they gave me specific things to do to improve my application and one of the things they mentioned was they never know which route for clinicals will be more popular so I decided a safe bet would be to go with the no preference option
    Sorry to hear that. That is the best option I suppose; yeah, i rang them numerous times and they were always really nice on the phone. Perhaps i should have been more tactical and gone for the no preference option to improve my chances even a little, i don't know why i bothered applying in the first place to be honest though; my AS levels are bad so they'll probably never consider me but i want to go there so much so i thought i might as well...

lol

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. That is the best option I suppose; yeah, i rang them numerous times and they were always really nice on the phone. Perhaps i should have been more tactical and gone for the no preference option to improve my chances even a little, i don't know why i bothered applying in the first place to be honest though; my AS levels are bad so they'll probably never consider me but i want to go there so much so i thought i might as well...

lol
    Come on now positive mental attitudes, at least you have an acknowledgement letter, you're doing better than me!! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Come on now positive mental attitudes, at least you have an acknowledgement letter, you're doing better than me!! :bigsmile:

Haha yeah, I'll put my violin of sorrow away for a little while... :p:

Good luck with your application anyhoo! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, I'll put my violin of sorrow away for a little while... :p:

Good luck with your application anyhoo! :woo:
    Thank you too!!

ReputationRep:
    Gah just read in last year's St. Andrews thread that people got rejected with 5A* at gcse 'cus they said those grades were too low.

I'll just assume that thread is full of liars.. :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Has any international student been contacted for more information?

ReputationRep:
    sitting...waiting...wishing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fieldsofgold)
    sitting...waiting...wishing....
    same here! I wish we could fast fordward to the end of november!

ReputationRep:
    Got a postcard today. It just says thanks for the application and that we can expect to hear about a decision between january and march.
    Although, I don't think that is strictly speaking true for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I also got the postcard despite me changing St. Andrews to Newcastle. Some mis-communication somewhere methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    I also got the postcard despite me changing St. Andrews to Newcastle. Some mis-communication somewhere methinks.
    I'm guessing the medicine admissions have "discarded" your application (not trying to sound harsh) but your still an applicant according to the general admissions. Don't forget your case was unusual lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.