Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    No way, what a coincidence. How did you find the interview??? Where you the one in the lift that said St Andrews is your top choice?
    Yeah I know, haha. Some of my questions were so strange! I honestly just floundered about but then again it was my first interview. No, that wasn't me; I didn't speak at all. Is St. Andrews your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Right, had my interview a week ago, am an English candidate so will have to wait longer but any ideas on waiting times now? Thank you :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McClareDNA)
    Right, had my interview a week ago, am an English candidate so will have to wait longer but any ideas on waiting times now? Thank you :-)
    I'm english and i got an offer 5 days after the interview! but yeah it could be anytime from now till mid-march, mid-march seems to be the most probable time that people receive decisions though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeandadamsmum)
    I think they do it in quartiles, so top quartile, 4marks, 2nd quartile, 3marks etc etc. it's impossible to say what score you need to be in each quartile this year as the figures have not been released (and they are judging it only by this years scores).

In the previous two years, the average score has been around 630, and the results form a pretty steep bell-curve so I think the 1st (top) quartile will be around 700-710.
    thanks we'll find out the figures probably by the end of March or close to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McClareDNA)
    I'm pretty sure that you being English wont delay their decision, I think everyone is jumbled in together But yeah it's pretty random when you'll hear back, all we can say is by the end of March you'll know Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    in regards to nightlife... yeah, st andrews has loads of pubs. like so many, but to be honest, it's not the best for nightlife in terms of clubs. there's a sort of half club. but it's mainly house parties if you go there. yeah, there's fat sams night on a wednesday, that's the only night you can really go clubbing. i think the reason people tend not to go to dundee isn't the money, it's the fact that you have to get a bus there and back, which is alot of effort. and yeah, i'm pretty sure st andrews pubs won't be that cheap, the average weekly spending there is alot more than other places.

just for the people who were wondering, hopefully this is a fairly good representation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HouseLover)
    Yeah I know, haha. Some of my questions were so strange! I honestly just floundered about but then again it was my first interview. No, that wasn't me; I didn't speak at all. Is St. Andrews your top choice?
    Haha yea I agree, tbh I answered some of the questions so crappy, oh no ... first interviews are always the worse!
    Ahh kk haha
    Yea it's my first choice and my last interview!
    Is it your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruanaidh)
    in regards to nightlife... yeah, st andrews has loads of pubs. like so many, but to be honest, it's not the best for nightlife in terms of clubs. there's a sort of half club. but it's mainly house parties if you go there. yeah, there's fat sams night on a wednesday, that's the only night you can really go clubbing. i think the reason people tend not to go to dundee isn't the money, it's the fact that you have to get a bus there and back, which is alot of effort. and yeah, i'm pretty sure st andrews pubs won't be that cheap, the average weekly spending there is alot more than other places.

just for the people who were wondering, hopefully this is a fairly good representation.
    Thats when the tactical pre-drinking comes into play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dafloodman)
    Thats when the tactical pre-drinking comes into play
    hahaha, most definitely. loves a bit of a house party anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruanaidh)
    hahaha, most definitely. loves a bit of a house party anyways.
    I agree, much more intimate! you can actually speak to people which is always a plus, but i wouldn't mind the semi-trek to dundee every so often

ReputationRep:
    Haha yea I agree, tbh I answered some of the questions so crappy, oh no ... first interviews are always the worse!
    Ahh kk haha
    Yea it's my first choice and my last interview!
    Is it your first choice?
    Dude, why do you think it went so bad?? Iirc you have got tonnes of work exp, more than me anyways. Im starting to get worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie91)
    Dude, why do you think it went so bad?? Iirc you have got tonnes of work exp, more than me anyways. Im starting to get worried now
    I don't think it went really bad, but I don't think it went fantastic ... just average, and considering my GCSEs aren't very strong, I needed a really good interview to make up for my low academic score.
    And tbh I made some silly mistakes and I generally think I could have done better.

ReputationRep:
    And tbh I made some silly mistakes and I generally think I could have done better.
    This is to everyone. I made some horrendous silly mistakes in my interview, and even now I realise glaringly obvious moments where I could have done better a second time. Perhaps it's the truth, or perhaps I'm thinking about it too much ... but in the end, it'll be fine.

stop giving yourself a hard time!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it went really bad, but I don't think it went fantastic ... just average, and considering my GCSEs aren't very strong, I needed a really good interview to make up for my low academic score.
    you do have achieved grades though which is a bonus!

ReputationRep:
    I have asked this before but I never got a response before... I still haven't heard a thing from st andrews since my acknowledgment. Who would I contact in regards to the status of my application? Any help would be useful.. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    another question ; ... what happens if you don't have your grades yet ? i'm a EU student, so my grades are predicted, as my final exam is in July ... they base their choice on what your expected grades are or ... ? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    This is to everyone. I made some horrendous silly mistakes in my interview, and even now I realise glaringly obvious moments where I could have done better a second time. Perhaps it's the truth, or perhaps I'm thinking about it too much ... but in the end, it'll be fine.

stop giving yourself a hard time!
    Haha good to know, did you get an offer??

(Original post by dafloodman)
    you do have achieved grades though which is a bonus!
    I do indeed, hopefully it will count for something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braddd)
    I have asked this before but I never got a response before... I still haven't heard a thing from st andrews since my acknowledgment. Who would I contact in regards to the status of my application? Any help would be useful.. thanks.
    try sending an e-mail at [email protected] they're really friendly and surely will give you an answer ...

ReputationRep:
    Haha good to know, did you get an offer??
    Yep. So you can trust me. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Yep. So you can trust me. :awesome:
    Ohh hope I do as well then!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 5, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.