Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    omg im so sorry guys, I thought this was the Aberdeen thread for some reason, i feel like such an idiot. I guess this admissions stress must be really getting to my

really sorry!

Anyway, I was rejected pre-interview but what I can say is from what I have heard ur chances of an offer post-interview at St Andrews are very good!
    ) no problem, really thanks for giving us the following info, though with the 500 interviews and 300 offers

ReputationRep:
    It's only been 5 days and I already can't stand the wait!!!
    Ahhhhhhhjdjdj

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    It's only been 5 days and I already can't stand the wait!!!
    Ahhhhhhhjdjdj
    Haha, try a month! My wait should be halfway through, only a month to go! I wouldn't be worried if I was you, they seem to like applicants who already have their grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    Haha, try a month! My wait should be halfway through, only a month to go! I wouldn't be worried if I was you, they seem to like applicants who already have their grades!
    I wasn't bothered waiting about my other choices, it's just this one!
    How can you still be sane after a month, geez you must be hating it!
    I don't want to wait a month :/ I want it now!!! Haha though only if it's an offer

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to wait a month :/ I want it now!!! Haha though only if it's an offer
    Haha I agree. They shouldn't tell us if we've been rejected until May time, if we have offers by then it doesn't seem as bad. I rather like the feeling of being in limbo .

Interview in 9 days, not like im counting or anything :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie91)
    Haha I agree. They shouldn't tell us if we've been rejected until May time, if we have offers by then it doesn't seem as bad. I rather like the feeling of being in limbo .

Haha I think your right there!! Hah
    I didn't mind being in limbo before my interview, no I've had it I don't like not knowing!
    Congrats on getting an interview, hope it all goes well! I was like that as well, gets worse after the interview! They really impressed me though, I'm sure you will love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie91)

May time??? Why would they wait so long? After interview they've less rejections to send than offers, why wouldn't they just tell us if we're not getting in? Knowing this is going to make the waiting in March so much harder Plus I want to know in March because then I'll have time to cram for Advanced Higher Chemistry, it'll look really bad if I reapply with a fail - I've been sort of leaving it in the hope that they just put a condition on Biology

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say that the off licence and I have became more than acquainted over the past month! It's so annoying waiting, and there's a lot of pressure on this one because I've been rejected by Glasgow and Dundee (because of the UKCAT), and haven't heard a word from Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    Let's just say that the off licence and I have became more than acquainted over the past month! It's so annoying waiting, and there's a lot of pressure on this one because I've been rejected by Glasgow and Dundee (because of the UKCAT), and haven't heard a word from Aberdeen.
    Haha that made me chuckle!
    Ahh no, well we can only hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Just gotta question. If applicants are ranked, will international students be on the same list?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to TSR so thought i'd introduce myself! I had an interview at st andrews on the 9th feb and still waiting for a reply....have many people heard about offers/rejections after interview yet? I know they said the majority are mid-march but i received an email the other day saying they are updating decisions daily and I should keep checking my ucas track...

so want to go there, the place is amazing!!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie91)
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to TSR so thought i'd introduce myself! I had an interview at st andrews on the 9th feb and still waiting for a reply....have many people heard about offers/rejections after interview yet? I know they said the majority are mid-march but i received an email the other day saying they are updating decisions daily and I should keep checking my ucas track...

so want to go there, the place is amazing!!! xxx
    Hey! What was your ukcat score?( If you don't mind sharing... ) The majority of offers are made by the end of march (the last interview day is the 16th or 18th of march... something like that), but some people have already received unconditional offers (you can check up the stalking page for such details)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie91)
    wow that was a quick reply!!!

my ukcat was 710, although i don't see that getting a high ukcat score means ur going to be a better doctor...doesn't even test any scientific knowledge!! 15% is quite a high weighting on the ukcat though so i was happy! ....although i'm not sure i will score highly on academics as I don't have A-levels but just have to wait and see i guess!

Have u been interviewed? xx
    Yeah... actually my interview was on the 9th of february as well How do you feel about your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I might have seen you! What time was your interview and how do you think it went?

I found the interviewers really friendly and very easy to talk to actually, I feel like I said everything I wanted to say and didn't stammer on anything so I have my fingers crossed, but it depends on what the interviewers wanted to hear really doesn't it so for all I know I might have done terrible haha! xx

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow :eek:

I had a practice interview today...forgot how bad at interviews I am. I just stumble on my words all the time, but not because I'm unprepared, just because ...well I don't know why but I always muck up words
    But hopefully this won't happen in my real interview...my teacher whipped out some bones and asked me to talk about them and i was just like 'uhhh they're bones...and they're strong...and this is the thigh bone, its the strongest bone...'

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone, this is just a general question on university choices. You knw if u get a conditional for a second year entry at uni for a science degree and you dont end up meeting the conditions....do u then automatically get into first year or do u get withdrawn from the course altogether. Cos i didnt get into medicine so i got a conditional for neuroscience for second year entry, i need BB in adv bio and chem so if i dont get those grades can i not do the course at all...?

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!! EEEEEEEEP :banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcarberry1)
    Wow ! well In ! ! Can I ask what your UKCAT score is and when you were interviewed ? ? Did you find out about this right now or earlier on ...

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!!
    We were interviewed on the same day! Wish I got an offer as well haha

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! :bl:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 5, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.