Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    If you're a first year then you're guaranteed a place in student halls, as long as you apply before some deadline (not sure when, but it's ages away, maybe May?)
    Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification! Good that we have priority then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCosmo)
    Damn, that's it just turned the 1st of March. By the end of this month all the waiting will be over......Some of us will get in but alas some won't! Here's my official:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    Shucks, cheers KCosmo I have the pre-interview nerves for a whole week before the wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    Has anyone heard anything regarding interviews today
    Hey there Did you get an interview offer? What was your ukcat score?

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Has anyone had any offers for medicine at st andrews yet??

ReputationRep:
    there are some, yes ... you can check the applicants stalking page to see them => http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...age_2011_Entry

ReputationRep:
    they said they still have interviews until the 18th of March, so there is still hope how are your other choices ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    Still waiting on aberdeen
    Same here, it's quite annoying that we've had no official word from them, yet they still spam us at every opportunity!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm still waiting on Aberdeen too, St Andrews is my first choice though.

My First Post, yay

ReputationRep:
    No email I think I'm doomed. My hopes of studying in uk is down the drain T_T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaboyz2007)
    No email I think I'm doomed. My hopes of studying in uk is down the drain T_T
    You've been interviewed haven't you??
    They don't make out the majority of there offers till mid march, not that long a wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    You've been interviewed haven't you??
    They don't make out the majority of there offers till mid march, not that long a wait!
    actually i think the majority of them are given out at the end of the month. mid march is like the 15th-16th... they don't even finish interviewing everyone till then. And after they finish interviewing there will be another half of week (minimum) till they sort things out and start responding. Last year most people seem to have gotten their responses at the very end of the month (at least this is what i've seen on TSR)... Anyway the wait is longer than ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    actually i think the majority of them are given out at the end of the month. mid march is like the 15th-16th... they don't even finish interviewing everyone till then. And after they finish interviewing there will be another half of week (minimum) till they sort things out and start responding. Last year most people seem to have gotten their responses at the very end of the month (at least this is what i've seen on TSR)... Anyway the wait is longer than ever
    do u know if the offers went out over a number of days or they were all done in one batch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie91)
    do u know if the offers went out over a number of days or they were all done in one batch?
    definitely not in one batch. Some of them got offers a bit earlier (i guess those on top of the list) and some got their responses on the 31st of march (i suppose the admissions had a hard time picking some of those on the borderline), but anyways it seemed to me that most of the offers were sent progressively in a few days...

ReputationRep:
    Fun times ... looking forward to that wait :/

ReputationRep:
    definitely not in one batch. Some of them got offers a bit earlier (i guess those on top of the list) and some got their responses on the 31st of march (i suppose the admissions had a hard time picking some of those on the borderline), but anyways it seemed to me that most of the offers were sent progressively in a few days...
    Ahhh ok, hopefully it will be earlier than last year! Do you have any offers for other universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    Fun times ... looking forward to that wait :/
    yeah... in the meantime people keep receiving offers (just saw another conditional offer on the stalking page). Do you think there will actually be any offers left by the end of march, if people keep receiving offers? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh ok, hopefully it will be earlier than last year! Do you have any offers for other universities?
    no... but on the other hand my uni choices dont seem to be in a hurry sending out offer ... i guess its better than getting a quick rejection :P

ReputationRep:
    no... but on the other hand my uni choices dont seem to be in a hurry sending out offer ... i guess its better than getting a quick rejection :P
    definitely... i got rejected by aberdeen on xmas eve!....harsh!

ReputationRep:
    definitely... i got rejected by aberdeen on xmas eve!....harsh!
    They have no soul! I hope things will go better at St andrews for all of us...

As a change of topic, I've heard that people on TSR are actually pretty smart compared to the majority of applicants, meaning that most of the people on here tend to have higher UKCAT score than for example, and so on... Do you think thats true? And if yes does it mean we have a higher chance of getting an offer (supposing that the rest of the applicants are not as good) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They have no soul! I hope things will go better at St andrews for all of us...

As a change of topic, I've heard that people on TSR are actually pretty smart compared to the majority of applicants, meaning that most of the people on here tend to have higher UKCAT score than for example, and so on... Do you think thats true? And if yes does it mean we have a higher chance of getting an offer (supposing that the rest of the applicants are not as good) :confused:
    To be honest I can't see that that is true, because most medicine applicants are probably likely to be very similar to each other in terms of academic ability. I think possibly people on TSR are more involved with the whole process as they are constantly checking up on other peoples offers etc but not that we are smarter lol.....although it would be nice to think so!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2012
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.