Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    I'm applying for an award, as i have financial problems... but i'm a bit scared i wont get one as i saw there are only 12 such awards a year :confused: What scholarship are you applying for?
    same financial probs.. i ahve to pay +/-20000 pounds a year cause im an international student.. theres an international scholarship available with a rebate of 2500.. but i guess it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaboyz2007)
    same financial probs.. i ahve to pay +/-20000 pounds a year cause im an international student.. theres an international scholarship available with a rebate of 2500.. but i guess it helps!
    Hi guys I am international and thus have the same prob. But at the same I have got Leicester as an alternative, should I stick to St Andrews or not? I am quite confused.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkjustin)
    Hi guys I am international and thus have the same prob. But at the same I have got Leicester as an alternative, should I stick to St Andrews or not? I am quite confused.:confused:
    Justin where ya from? I think u can "not firm" unis for a while just enough for you tho think about it

ReputationRep:
    Justin where ya from? I think u can "not firm" unis for a while just enough for you tho think about it
    I am from Hong Kong. Ya I know I can held them for a while but it just hard to decide, especially Leicester is much cheaper and 5-yrs only

ReputationRep:
    I looked into that scholarship, but the deadline was march 21st, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeebot)
    I looked into that scholarship, but the deadline was march 21st, no?
    I thought they were like 5th April?

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissio.../scholarships/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddo:))

I think those are only for EU/UK students. He is an international... so they have a different deadline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddo:))

That's for UK/EU, for international it was the 21st

ReputationRep:
    is everybody applying for accommodation now?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone received feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    has anyone received feedback?
    I did, got some on Monday/Tuesday I think Probably means thats them started sending back all their feedback now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tikey)
    is everybody applying for accommodation now?
    Don't worry about accommodation too much, I didn't get given any until August 31st last year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey just got my rejection feedback, in the main letter they said I got 'verygood' in my interview and 'verygood' for my PS and reference and that I got above average in my UKCAT (they work on a system of excellent, verygood, good, average). I then had another little additional letter addressed to me :/ saying I got just below excellent overall for my application ... (guessing that's down to my crappy GCSEs) and that I was just under the borderline for receiving an offer ... rather annoying eh! But the reason why I say all of this is that they said they might be doing a waiting list for september if people don't firm St Anys or don't get the grades, and that I might be on that waiting list. But they also said people who hadn't received any other offers for medicine should let St Andys know.
    So anyone who's been rejected I suggest you get rejection feedbk and maybe contact the med med school if you didn't get any other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    Hey just got my rejection feedback, in the main letter they said I got 'verygood' in my interview and 'verygood' for my PS and reference and that I got above average in my UKCAT (they work on a system of excellent, verygood, good, average). I then had another little additional letter addressed to me :/ saying I got just below excellent overall for my application ... (guessing that's down to my crappy GCSEs) and that I was just under the borderline for receiving an offer ... rather annoying eh! But the reason why I say all of this is that they said they might be doing a waiting list for september if people don't firm St Anys or don't get the grades, and that I might be on that waiting list. But they also said people who hadn't received any other offers for medicine should let St Andys know.
    So anyone who's been rejected I suggest you get rejection feedbk and maybe contact the med med school if you didn't get any other offers.
    Hey, sorry to hear that you were just borderline but you have Manchester and Peninsula which are really good places
    I wanted to ask, how did you ask for feedback? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Hey, sorry to hear that you were just borderline but you have Manchester and Peninsula which are really good places
    I wanted to ask, how did you ask for feedback? thanks.
    I'm actually not bothered, I love Manchester. It just annoys me that I was borderline haa.
    I emailed and they gave me an address to write to, I then sent a letter .... they took 1 1/2 months to get bk to me though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan118244)
    I'm actually not bothered, I love Manchester. It just annoys me that I was borderline haa.
    I emailed and they gave me an address to write to, I then sent a letter .... they took 1 1/2 months to get bk to me though :/
    Yeah, being borderline is always annoying. Do you mind PM me the address? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    Yeah, being borderline is always annoying. Do you mind PM me the address? thanks
    Sorry I don't actually have the address any more. They just put the general St Andys one on the feedbk later. Your best bet is to email them.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them for feedback and got a letter like yours. They said my global score was 61.62 and 79.58 was needed for an offer. It does seem as if those who are interviewed later are much less likely to get an offer - haven't heard of anyone interviewed on the 9th of March getting an offer...
    I've emailed them again asking the average success rate for November and March interviews just to see if there is a lot of difference - it would certainly put an end to the rumours! I shouldn't be moaning because I have a medicine offer but I'd like to know nevertheless!

Well done on all those with offers St. Andrews is a lovely university after all!!

ReputationRep:
    so so so gutted, i got a top score in all three parts of my interview
    i would have rather they said i failed because of the interview to be honest! because i got all my hopes up in that interview and made such an effort and it didn't matter at all anyway

ReputationRep:
    i would have rather they said i failed because of the interview to be honest! because i got all my hopes up in that interview and made such an effort and it didn't matter at all anyway
    So, you scored excellent in all three sections and they didn't offer you a place.. wtf :eek::eek::mad:
    That also shows those interviewed later had a much smaller chance of getting an offer - when were you interviewed?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.