1) Get my exams sorted
    2) Massive piss up
    3) Work
    4) UKCAT
    5) Volunteer/work as HCA
    6) Go to Stow college
    7) Application sent away by the 15th October 2011

I hear tat manchester take resits now btw dmz... :whistles:
    that sounds great! I can't afford another gap year so furiously studying Malta and applyin for couple of things thru extra so I'll least have a masters in hand in most likely engineering or actuarial science. I'm doing 3 mods for summer to bring things up for A* if it doesn't affect my application in 4 yr times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harbour Seal)
    My plans are thus follows:

1) Get my exams sorted
    2) Massive piss up
    3) Work
    4) UKCAT
    5) Volunteer/work as HCA
    6) Go to Stow college
    7) Application sent away by the 15th October 2011

I hear tat manchester take resits now btw dmz... :whistles:
    Sounds like a fab plan! Good for you. What are you going to do at Stow? Best of luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    Sounds like a fab plan! Good for you. What are you going to do at Stow? Best of luck! x
    hey sweatychilli!! :p:

U planning on rejecting Aberdeen even if they offer u a place?

ReputationRep:
    Hey cheeky...I'm not quite 44 yet... :eek: T

Thank you for your lovely comments!

The maturity you have shown in accepting your rejection is admirable and way beyond your years. I really hope you get into a good degree programme that you enjoy and can use as a springboard to getting into medical school and realise you dream of becoming a doctor!

All the very best to you dmz!
    oops a daisy

you guys are too nice, i had no choice plus i made actual effort for once in my life and i get that the rejections doesn't make me less deserving of it plus you guys really helped as well as families

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaboo)
    hey erm something random . for those of you who attend theuniversity of glasgow how is it?is glasgow in general a nice city to live ?is it fun or is it just too cold?
    Glasgow uni is awesome! All you could want really, beautiful building, great facilities, a huge library, cheap gym (£40/year for unlimited access and free classes), two unions, beautiful parks to sit and study in and awesome nightlife within the uni. The west end where the uni is is really lovely, there are some dodgy areas of Glasgow (as there are in all cities) but you needn't go near them!

Won't lie, it's cold and has it's fair share of rain/snow/wind/hailstones and is well known for having all of the above weathers within 5 minutes! However we do get the sun, like today was a lovely day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    hey sweatychilli!! :p:

U planning on rejecting Aberdeen even if they offer u a place?
    I got rejected from Aberdeen on Tuesday afternoon! :eek: Had my offer from Glasgow in the morning so...

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Aberdeen on Tuesday afternoon! :eek: Had my offer from Glasgow in the morning so...
    omg so sorry. I don't know why but it is engraved into my brain that u had an interview there!

really happy 4 u. Just realised that Ur the same age as my mum :p: im not dissing u, nice to see u r pursuing ur ambitions! Imagine u had a child and s/he was also applying for 2011 medicine entry lol

Anyway, massive congrats, bet ur still on a high!

ReputationRep:
    omg so sorry. I don't know why but it is engraved into my brain that u had an interview there!

really happy 4 u. Just realised that Ur the same age as my mum :p: im not dissing u, nice to see u r pursuing ur ambitions!
    Cheers! Not worried - I got my 1st choice! And no problem re: my age - I'll probably be the oldest on the course! And my son is a wee bit young yet for uni - he is 2!

Have you not heard from Edinburgh yet either? Is it not looking good for Aberdeen as lots of peeps have rejections or is that ones who weren't interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! Not worried - I got my 1st choice! And no problem re: my age - I'll probably be the oldest on the course! And my son is a wee bit young yet for uni - he is 2!
    hehe, definitely too young for uni! Anyway, glad u got ur first choice. I coulda been there with u if it hadnt been for my UKCAT, glasgow was my first choice but I didnt end up appling cos I would have been rejected pre-interview

ReputationRep:

Have you not heard from Edinburgh yet either? Is it not looking good for Aberdeen as lots of peeps have rejections or is that ones who weren't interviewed?
    Added this to my previous post but you had commented beforehand so re-posting this bit!

ReputationRep:

really happy 4 u. Just realised that Ur the same age as my mum :p: im not dissing u, nice to see u r pursuing ur ambitions! Imagine u had a child and s/he was also applying for 2011 medicine entry lol

Anyway, massive congrats, bet ur still on a high!
    Questions in prev post!

ReputationRep:
    Added this to my previous post but you had commented beforehand so re-posting this bit!
    ed-rejection, I was top400 , needed to be in top 300 for offer. Aberdeen are only handing out pre-interview rejections atm. So still waiting...

omg why r flowers sooo expensive. Looking 4 sum 4 mothers day but who wud spend sixty quid on them

ReputationRep:
    ed-rejection, I was top400 , needed to be in top 300 for offer. Aberdeen are only handing out pre-interview rejections atm. So still waiting...

omg why r flowers sooo expensive. Looking 4 sum 4 mothers day but who wud spend sixty quid on them
    Hope the wait is worth it and you get that offer!

You could always pilfer some from a garden...kidding! You willbe able to get some cheaper than that, I'm sure. Remember it is the thought that counts!

ReputationRep:
    anyone with an offer not going to the applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    Hope the wait is worth it and you get that offer!

You could always pilfer some from a garden...kidding! You willbe able to get some cheaper than that, I'm sure. Remember it is the thought that counts!
    i bloody well hope the wait is worth it!

And nah flowers die too quick anyway, whats the point.
    I'd like to buy a baby monkey but...

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview in January, they haven't got back to me. Has everyone received a decision post interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueee:))
    Had my interview in January, they haven't got back to me. Has everyone received a decision post interview?
    Wow, first I've heard of someone in your situation. If I were you I'd probably give them a ring tomorrow just to see what's going on/make sure they haven't misplaced your application

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueee:))
    gave out loads of offer and rejections already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    Wow, first I've heard of someone in your situation. If I were you I'd probably give them a ring tomorrow just to see what's going on/make sure they haven't misplaced your application

Good luck!
    I was like :eek: when I read the last couple of pages on this thread, will call tomorrow, thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.