The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Organ
Just rang Glasgow up.

The cut off last year was 2570, or an average of 642.5.

That is 60 points below my score of 2630, hmmmm.

That is an absolutely agonising choice because everyone above the cutoff supposedly receives an interview!!!
Reply 21
Caponester
That is an absolutely agonising choice because everyone above the cutoff supposedly receives an interview!!!

Argh I know! But there is a big risk that one of my choices could be a straight-out rejection :o:

You made your mind up then? Deafinitely not Glasgow?

Edit: Just seen your sig ~ I'm applying to Cardiff :yy:
(edited 13 years ago)
Organ
Argh I know! But there is a big risk that one of my choices could be a straight-out rejection :o:

You made your mind up then? Deafinitely not Glasgow?

Edit: Just seen your sig ~ I'm applying to Cardiff :yy:

I'm beginning to think Glasgow may be worth the risk! I cannot believe my indecisiveness! If I had your score I would apply to Glasgow... Or would I :eek3:

I think I might sub Cardiff for Glasgow. What are your choices?
Reply 23
Caponester
I'm beginning to think Glasgow may be worth the risk! I cannot believe my indecisiveness! If I had your score I would apply to Glasgow... Or would I :eek3:

Yeah, I'm warming to it ~ I'm indecisve as it is, especially over something that I care so much about :s-smilie: Cardiff, Nottingham, Liverpool and one of Glasgow, SGUL, Leicester or Saint Andrews.
Reply 24
Caponester

What minimum score would you consider would be good, if one was to apply to Glasgow ?

660 ? 670 ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Organ
Yeah, I'm warming to it ~ I'm indecisve as it is, especially over something that I care so much about :s-smilie: Cardiff, Nottingham, Liverpool and one of Glasgow, SGUL, Leicester or Saint Andrews.

Dude, apply to SGUL! Everyone who meets the academic criteria gets an interview! It's a fantastic opportunity if you have the confidence to wow at an interview.
G550NDH
What minimum score would you consider would be good, if one was to apply to Glasgow ?

660 ? 670 ?

Karla apply glasgowch! Mein vi karleh!
G550NDH

660 ? 670 ?

Yeah I'd say 670 is a pretty decent score to be applying with.
Reply 28
Caponester
Dude, apply to SGUL! Everyone who meets the academic criteria gets an interview! It's a fantastic opportunity if you have the confidence to wow at an interview.

Yep I know, my family aren't that loaded - London prices :dontknow:

Are you going for graduate entry then?
Reply 29
Hyperbole08
Karla apply glasgowch! Mein vi karleh!

oh khiddah ! Chunga fir but pelah me ukcat karna . Jai mera UKCAT chunga hove then Jatt hogiya sharabi ! CHAK DE
I'm applying. Not even thinking about cut-offs - just applying to 4 Scottish unis with my 1st choice being Glasgow.
Organ
Yep I know, my family aren't that loaded - London prices :dontknow:

Are you going for graduate entry then?

Nah, just applying for four full five year degrees. GEP's are pretty intense - for the sake of an extra year I am happy to stick with undergraduate 5 year courses.

Plus seeing as I'm Scottish and possess a professional degree there is no financial incentive to go for graduate entry. Bit of a shambles really that someone with an arts degree can get funding for a 4 year GEP and I can't.
Reply 32
sweetchilli
I'm applying. Not even thinking about cut-offs - just applying to 4 Scottish unis with my 1st choice being Glasgow.

660 is good enough i think ! You should get an interview =)
Reply 33
Caponester

Ye SGUL will definitely give you an interview if you get the required grades but their interviews are ******* dodgy ... they have booths so for example one booth is like a scene where an actress plays a women whos rabbit died and you have to comfort her ... well random .. my mate said to the women uhhh il buy you a new one ? aha
Reply 34
G550NDH
Ye SGUL will definitely give you an interview if you get the required grades but their interviews are ******* dodgy ... they have booths so for example one booth is like a scene where an actress plays a women whos rabbit died and you have to comfort her ... well random .. my mate said to the women uhhh il buy you a new one ? aha

Yeah, they have stations and buzzers - a bit like an OSCE.

Rabbit died!! I would just tell her to shut the **** up! Maybe I should work on my interpersonal skills :colondollar:
G550NDH
660 is good enough i think ! You should get an interview =)

Thanks. I hope so but we shall see.... Have you decided your choices?
G550NDH

Aye, multiple mini interviews - Dundee and QUB do the same. :eek3:
(edited 13 years ago)
sweetchilli
Aye, multiple mini interviews - Dundee and QUB do the same. :eek3:

They do have their advantage. At least if you mess up in one station you can recover in the rest. In a standard interview it is very difficult to recover from a bad start or a slip of the tongue.
Reply 38
sweetchilli
Thanks. I hope so but we shall see.... Have you decided your choices?

ye pretty much ... i have my ukcat on monday and if i do really well then my choice will stick if its around 670 then i will change sheffield to keele. Practicing my arse off at the moment ... but im going abroad straight away after the ukcat so thats distracting me :frown:
Reply 39
Organ
Yeah, they have stations and buzzers - a bit like an OSCE.

Rabbit died!! I would just tell her to shut the **** up! Maybe I should work on my interpersonal skills :colondollar:

ahaha i would of pimp slapped her and be like bitccch its only a rabbit .. i ran over one today .. you can have that

jk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending