Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    I also called today. Bit worried about not getting a letter. The lady there told me that they'd be sending interview offers until February and that they will probably start sending some more only after New Year.

(I know most of you guys already have an interview but for those with high UKCAT scores still waiting... I hope I've been useful )
    so start bricking it when its late jan

(Original post by laurencebaker1)
    Calm it! You're guarnteed an interview. They take you alphabetical order of surname. Source: interview man.
    OMG THANK YOU!!!!

I'm "S"...so this does calm the ol' nerves a fair bit......

do you mind PM'ing me about the sort of stuff to expect at interview/what they like as I really wanna get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurencebaker1)
    Calm it! You're guarnteed an interview. They take you alphabetical order of surname. Source: interview man.
    my UKCAT is 680 and my surname starts with F... It's pretty hard to believe that they've not reached F yet... there must be something else :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Its not Alphabetical ! I got a UKCAT of 670 and my surname starts with S and i have an interview for Jan 21st ... I think its just a random selection from the 800 but its a mystery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    Its not Alphabetical ! I got a UKCAT of 670 and my surname starts with S and i have an interview for Jan 21st ... I think its just a random selection from the 800 but its a mystery
    Love you for saying that ! really started to get worried !

ReputationRep:
    It is alphabetical but gap year students and post grad's first, as far as i know

ReputationRep:
    It's not alphabetical, it's selected randomly from the data base of the top 800 names. That's what I was told by the nice lady at admissions.

ReputationRep:
    when do we know about rejections?

or have they already been done?

ReputationRep:
    i just feel like crying now :cry:

i got 647 in my ukcat. i asked the lady on the phone if 647 is ok. she told me that's absolutely fine! oh noooo way!!!

does anyone know if they look at AS grades and weigh it a lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MishMash1)
    i just feel like crying now :cry:

i got 647 in my ukcat. i asked the lady on the phone if 647 is ok. she told me that's absolutely fine! oh noooo way!!!

does anyone know if they look at AS grades and weigh it a lot?
    I have an average of 650... Meaning I am 10 marks off the assumed cutoff.

10 marks... That is like one bloody question in the UKCAT exam and they are probably going to sack me off for one bloody mark!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caponester)

10 marks... That is like one bloody question in the UKCAT exam and they are probably going to sack me off for one bloody mark!!!
    damn!! that's just unfair!! what makes it worse is that the lady was making me feel like I did very well in my ukcat over the phone!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when the rejections are given out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caponester)

Peeps with 655 have been called for interview. I've not heard of anything lower but maybe there are some with less. Stay hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    so start bricking it when its late jan

OMG THANK YOU!!!!

I'm "S"...so this does calm the ol' nerves a fair bit......

do you mind PM'ing me about the sort of stuff to expect at interview/what they like as I really wanna get in
    They've given you everything in the information packet about the course. Learn that and go on guardian.com and read some health stories. I won't tell you what exactly they asked me because:
    a) not very fair.
    b) they'll ask you something else anyway.
    c) admissions tutors prawl these pages, and I want an offer.

Be confident and the interview will be fine.

Good luck and hopefully meet you next year. I'll be 18 so we can explore the pubs together

ReputationRep:
    i really hope i make top 450, it's probably my only chance or it gets really difficult from here

ReputationRep:
    my UKCAT is 680 and my surname starts with F... It's pretty hard to believe that they've not reached F yet... there must be something else :confused:
    my ukcat's 680 too and my surname begins with D, nothing. i emailed admissions and the woman said there's no particular order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanrd)
    my ukcat's 680 too and my surname begins with D, nothing. i emailed admissions and the woman said there's no particular order.
    Well she did assure me that they will keep sending interview until February... I suppose it just happened that most of people on TSR were called early without any particular reason. We must be called soon... It would be just silly not being interviewed with a fairly high ukcat

ReputationRep:
    Well she did assure me that they will keep sending interview until February... I suppose it just happened that most of people on TSR were called early without any particular reason. We must be called soon... It would be just silly not being interviewed with a fairly high ukcat
    ha, you think you have it bad...

I have 725 and another dude on here has 740...heard nothing from them....

THAT is depressing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    ha, you think you have it bad...

I have 725 and another dude on here has 740...heard nothing from them....

THAT is depressing....
    i think it's bad for anyone with a score higher than the cutoff. It's just as stressing for all of us...

ReputationRep:
    aye exactly folk have already been interviewed with lower ukcats so hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone! Have a good one! Eve.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.