Turn on thread page Beta

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caponester)
    Hello. When you say 'letter' do you mean your rejection actually came through the post and track hasn't updated yet or was it an email? I got mail today but no rejection - just a package from Amazon :confused:.

Thanks for your help - best of luck in your other applications. As a fellow Dundee reject I feel your pain!
    You might be ok It looks like loads of people got rejected from Glasgow today though Having said that my Dundee rejection was a few days after everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfan)
    Does glasgow reconsider your medicine application if you request it ? if you have a ukcat of 600 but need 630, can you request for glasgow to reconsider your application ?
    I doubt it very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    You might be ok It looks like loads of people got rejected from Glasgow today though Having said that my Dundee rejection was a few days after everyone else
    Yeah, I'm wary of thinking anything other than an administrative delay has occurred here. I got my Dundee rejection on the 21st after the main wave of rejections. Perfect christmas present from the city of discovery

I'll keep you guys updated as best I can. I'm going back to Aberdeen tomorrow and all my post gets sent to my parents house in Glasgow so we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfan)
    Does glasgow reconsider your medicine application if you request it ? if you have a ukcat of 600 but need 630, can you request for glasgow to reconsider your application ?
    cut of is 652 atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    You might be ok It looks like loads of people got rejected from Glasgow today though:
    Have they rejected people with ukcat below cutoff OR they have also rejected people post interviews as well!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm wary of thinking anything other than an administrative delay has occurred here. I got my Dundee rejection on the 21st after the main wave of rejections. Perfect christmas present from the city of discovery

I'll keep you guys updated as best I can. I'm going back to Aberdeen tomorrow and all my post gets sent to my parents house in Glasgow so we shall see.
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    cut of is 652 atm
    actually it is 652.5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    actually it is 652.5.
    Haha, well we know what he meant! You can only get 652.5 anyway seeing as each correctly answered question accounts for 10 points (or 2.5AVG)

Why didn't I just spend more time on AR!? Totally rushed through it and had 3 minutes on the clock when I clicked 'finish'

ReputationRep:

Maybe Aberdeen will look kindly on your application seeing as you are already at the uni. I think a pharmacy background is a great degree to have behind you for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    actually it is 652.5.
    Doh!
    Sweetchilli 1, dmz 0...for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JATTSOORMA)
    Have they rejected people with ukcat below cutoff OR they have also rejected people post interviews as well!!!!!!!
    pre interview. Come March. I'll be crapping myself and refreshing ucas every second. It's so scary contemplating all rejections (again)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    pre interview. Come March. I'll be crapping myself and refreshing ucas every second. It's so scary contemplating all rejections (again)
    I know how you feel. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JATTSOORMA)
    Khiddah paji !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Doh!
    Sweetchilli 1, dmz 0...for now
    Lol...extra halves for lots of things can make helluva difference! pmsl...

ReputationRep:
    Lol...extra halves for lots of things can make helluva difference! pmsl...
    lol fine, we'll do our scoring system on halves. 1/2 - 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    lol fine, we'll do our scoring system on halves. 1/2 - 0
    nae bother...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been given a rejection after already having an interview? I had my interview on 10th December and not heard anything (AAAB at AS, A*AA pred, and 695 UKCAT) I think my interview went well. Should I be expecting a rejection any time soon? Worried about how long it's taking!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the 652.5 UKCAT off but haven't been rejected through Track/Mail/E-mail.

Anyone else in this position? What's the haps? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yazziiex)
    Gutted man, and same about the dundee thing! i checked it at the start of jan to find out i had been rejected since 17th december they didnt send an email or anything like that lol.
    nice, i heard st andrews was a good interview, didnt apply myself though Aberdeen dont care much about ukcat, its like 4% of consideration, 45% is interview, and 25% is grades? i think thats what they said, but i cant remember what happened to the rest of the percentages :P
    Yeah, I love that Aberdeen don't look at the UKCAT very much I just want an interview from them now, I'd probably suffer from incontinence if they rejected me, would put way too much pressure on the St Andrew's decision :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDirty)
    I don't have the 652.5 UKCAT off but haven't been rejected through Track/Mail/E-mail.

Anyone else in this position? What's the haps? :/
    Hi BD

Caponester is in the same position at the mo. Maybe, my age but what the hell does "the haps" mean?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.