The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Are interviews in individual rooms or are there many interview panels in the same room? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 901
Original post by sweetchilli
Hi BD

Caponester is in the same position at the mo. Maybe, my age but what the hell does "the haps" mean?

Haha! No it's probably now your age and just the fact I'm an idiot. It means what's happening? Any ideas? Were both applying as graduates - think that has anything to do with it?
Original post by BigDirty
Haha! No it's probably now your age and just the fact I'm an idiot. It means what's happening? Any ideas? Were both applying as graduates - think that has anything to do with it?

Hi BD

Hmm...I doubt anything to do with being graduates tbh. I think that maybe they are waiting to see if they have good enough candidates with the newest cut-off of 652.5 and if not then it will be lowered again rather than give offers to those with higher ukcat's that they don't feel are good enough in other areas. I'd sit tight and cross everything that an interview will be forthcoming. Hope is still there until the fat lady sings! :smile:

E.
Reply 903
Original post by sweetchilli
Hi BD

Hmm...I doubt anything to do with being graduates tbh. I think that maybe they are waiting to see if they have good enough candidates with the newest cut-off of 652.5 and if not then it will be lowered again rather than give offers to those with higher ukcat's that they don't feel are good enough in other areas. I'd sit tight and cross everything that an interview will be forthcoming. Hope is still there until the fat lady sings! :smile:

E.

Thank you! I got 630 so I'm quite a bit lower than the cut off but I know people who have been rejected with higher UKCAT than me. It's all very strange...
So that's like two waves of rejections now, yeah? One for grades, you could say, and one for UKCAT.

Had a dream last night that I've got an interview at Glasgow on the 3rd of March. Was so disappointed to wake up and find it wasn't real.
Reply 905
Original post by Harbour Seal
So that's like two waves of rejections now, yeah? One for grades, you could say, and one for UKCAT.

Had a dream last night that I've got an interview at Glasgow on the 3rd of March. Was so disappointed to wake up and find it wasn't real.

Have you had a rejection? What was your UKCAT/grades?
Reply 906
Original post by teafil
Are interviews in individual rooms or are there many interview panels in the same room? Thanks :biggrin:

there was only one room when i went
Reply 907
Original post by dmz
there was only one room when i went

THANKS ! Poz rep :smile:
Original post by BigDirty
Have you had a rejection? What was your UKCAT/grades?

680 and predicted AAAAA for my highers. But I'm a strange candidate and they might think of me as a bit of a risk. (24, no previous degree except half an english literature degree at Glasgow, single mum, resitting highers at college etc etc)

No rejection just yet though, that's got to count for something right?
Reply 909
Original post by Harbour Seal
680 and predicted AAAAA for my highers. But I'm a strange candidate and they might think of me as a bit of a risk. (24, no previous degree except half an english literature degree at Glasgow, single mum, resitting highers at college etc etc)

No rejection just yet though, that's got to count for something right?

Aw wow congrats on the UKCAT, highers and raising a kid at the same time! I'm guessing there must be a reason why we haven't been rejected yet - not sure what that reason is though :/ maybe as sweet chilli says we are on a reserve list if they don't fill the places. I bet if you were to apply next year with your 5As you'd get a place though!

I'm sorry - I clicked the thumbs down instead of quote by accident cause I'm on my iPhone :frown: I'll thumbs up a couple of your other posts to even if out though lol!
Reply 910
Original post by teafil
THANKS ! Poz rep :smile:

Thanks, you have an interview then?
Reply 911
does glasgow do any dissection? or prossection for that matter? and does anyone know how many offers they give out?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 912
Original post by iain1993
does glasgow do any dissection? or prossection for that matter? and does anyone know how many offers they give out?

450 offers out of 800 interviews
Reply 913

They do both but mainly prosection I think.
Reply 914

Yup both. During many of my dissections in the anatomy course I've been told "sorry, the medics have been at the body first" Lots of prosected material too, in the anatomy building there is a whole room with floor to ceiling prosections which are brought out for viewing at the appropriate points in the course for anatomy and medicine.
Reply 915
Original post by dmz
Thanks, you have an interview then?

Yeah, I have one tomorrow :smile:
Reply 916
Original post by Sammi22
Yup both. During many of my dissections in the anatomy course I've been told "sorry, the medics have been at the body first" Lots of prosected material too, in the anatomy building there is a whole room with floor to ceiling prosections which are brought out for viewing at the appropriate points in the course for anatomy and medicine.

Unfair.
Reply 917
hey everyone, ive got an interview on 22nd feb at glasgow and i was wondering if anyone who has had an interview, would be kind enough to inbox me with any information about the questions asked, and just general information about the uni and course, just incase i have forgotten anything. thankyou :smile:
Original post by skk12345
hey everyone, ive got an interview on 22nd feb at glasgow and i was wondering if anyone who has had an interview, would be kind enough to inbox me with any information about the questions asked, and just general information about the uni and course, just incase i have forgotten anything. thankyou :smile:

I think that its frowned upon to mention any specific questions on here and they would be deleted, but my advice would be to practice the generic ones as they come up more often than not, I read ISC medical for my prep. Look up PBL!! And lastly watch/read the news to find any ethical/research issues floating about at the moment.

Good Luck:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ISC medical website has great specifics on all med courses.
Reply 919
Got the actual rejection letter today as opposed to just on track. The cut off is 2610, they said that if you have the proper academics and have 2610 or above you should get interviewed. It's annoying cos they said in the letter that I had all the academics and stuff, it was only the UKCAT that let me down....bastard ukcat! Anyways good luck!

Quick Reply